Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #13 (Read 36 times)

DavePNW

Yup. I really like him but he has no sense in his head.  Zero.  (But that also means he'll run 20 miles just "for fun" so sometimes it works to my advantage).

I was going to express incredulity at this, but we’ve all done dumber things than that.

Dave

sdWhiskers

Yup. I really like him but he has no sense in his head.  Zero.  (But that also means he'll run 20 miles just "for fun" so sometimes it works to my advantage).

lol

I kept my RP at 16 miles or less. He wasn't marathon training and I needed him to not fall apart during the season.

onemile

lol

I kept my RP at 16 miles or less. He wasn't marathon training and I needed him to not fall apart during the season.

URP runs like 1-2 times a week so he gets plenty of recovery 

onemile

I was going to express incredulity at this, but we’ve all done dumber things than that.

I actually think his primary motivation is so that he can post about it on social media and I'm not even joking

DavePNW

I actually think his primary motivation is so that he can post about it on social media and I'm not even joking

Dave

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

That being said, I often find it very very hard to nail the effect of one particular factor in training because of all the possible interactions between them, and external factors like work stress, viruses, family stuff...

+1

RunningOnSand

Hey peeps! Damaris, congrats on running through hellish conditions this weekend. I had to LOL about your comment of riding the hell out of Everest during your race. Big grin

Jenny, please wear a hazmat suit this week to work (and at all other times). When do you fly out?

Cyber,& LRB, you guys make an enticing argument for just using screws. I have a pair of Yaktrax (actually idk if that's the brand) with some screws at the bottom of the rubber treads. There's not the coils on these particular ones, which I'm thankful for, because IMO those bitches make it harder to run on. But maybe just straight up screws are the ticket.

Dave, there's only 1 way to shovel off a driveway! Of course, it you don't get right down to the concrete you're screwed for the rest of the winter (as a midwesterner)...I realize that your snow will probably all melt off within a few days. We got snow last night, too, but not as much as you guys did. Maybe only an inch or two here.

For Christmas, I got dh and I (with friends) tickets to the MN Orchestra playing with Ben Folds Five. Dh was a big fan back in the day, and while I never listened to him much, it was a really cool experience. I had no clue Ben was such a talented musician. Of course, that also meant a super late night, so I'm completely dragging ass today. Which also means URD. I just cannot handle going to bed past 10. 

RunningOnSand

PS for any hamstring injury sufferers, I thought this was super interesting (well, the last practical application):

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Went to the gym this morning, then ran 4 easy miles.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

DavePNW

A 6 mile slog in the snow.

Dave

DavePNW

Jenny, please wear a hazmat suit this week to work (and at all other times). 

That seems excessive. I would just go with a suit made of bubble wrap slathered with hand sanitizer.

Dave

RunningOnSand

That seems excessive. I would just go with a suit made of bubble wrap slathered with hand sanitizer.

True, that way, on the off chance she falls down or something, she'll be protected from bodily harm.

onemile

Jenny, please wear a hazmat suit this week to work (and at all other times). When do you fly out?

I was planning to go to my mom's house on Sunday but she told me she thought she was getting a cold.  NOPE.

Friday morning.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

We are excited, onemile! And yes, do not go see your mom.

I would like to see those assholes in the Dopey FB group that were happy the race was going to be hot now.  I've never seen so many people in the medical tent and I passed by one tent that had a guy with his shirt cut off and they were about to zap him. And this was before the HM point.

Question is why did I ran that much, ha. I wish I had stayed in bed. At least my pictures from the race look great:

Damaris

sdWhiskers

Question is why did I ran that much, ha.

obviously, so you could fulfill your Miles game obligations

But seriously, glad you had fun with your GFs in that hot mess!

And I assume you are done signing up for FL races now??