Beginners and Beyond

Saturday lies (Read 52 times)

onemile

Wow! Not only an unusual award, but personalized, too. Any ideas on how you plan to display that?

It came with a little plastic easel.  But as I mentioned earlier, I am planning to re-tile my bathroom when I get enough of them.  

This is my 3rd year running this event and my 3rd tile. The first year just said '3rd Place Female, 30-34' but last year's had my name and time on it also (which makes it a lot cooler).

onemile

I just ran my 5. I was happy I decided to switch my LR to tomorrow.

LRB

So let's see; I had fried rice for lunch yesterday, sushi post-run today, and just polished off another mountain of fried rice...

It looks as if I'm suffering from some kind of cultural identity crisis.

DavePNW

Dave

happylily

Rick, you had a great strong LR. It's tough to pull that kind of effort at the very end of a training cycle. Now REST!

Jen, I Iove the bathroom tile idea!

Cy, you forgot to tell us the most important part: what kind of Timbits did you order? Big grin

I ran 11 at 8:03 pace. They included one mile each w/u and c/d, 6 at tempo and 5 GA. I was hoping for a bit faster, but after two weeks of inactivity and with the extra 5 lbs I'm carrying, I won't complain.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

LRB

Rick, you had a great strong LR. It's tough to pull that kind of effort at the very end of a training cycle. Now REST!

Jen, I Iove the bathroom tile idea!

Cy, you forgot to tell us the most important part: what kind of Timbits did you order? Big grin

I ran 11 at 8:03 pace. They included one mile each w/u and c/d, 6 at tempo and 5 GA. I was hoping for a bit faster, but after two weeks of inactivity and with the extra 5 lbs I'm carrying, I won't complain.

5 lbs? Pfft, I am sure you look great!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I saw that in FB this week, Dave, LOL.

Damaris

Cyberic

No Timbits. A chicken sandwich with cheese, bacon, mayonnaise and tomatoes, and a donut with filling inside.

For supper we had raclette, so among the other things I had, I ate cheese until I couldn't eat another bite.

In an hour and a half or so, it will be BBQ chips time!

Hey, I'm 6'6", I have a fast metabolism, and I run 

Half Crazy K 2.0

4 miles or so. Some intervals fishing people. Not a smart idea to try to run on the Strip in mid afternoon. it was nice running around the Wynn golf course. No people. And then the elevator stopped two floors below mine and would not go. Thank god the door open button worked.

Onemile, cool award. You could make a back splash with them.

Cjones, sounds like a rough day.

LRB

Now DSU!

Not all in one sitting, of course.

Half Crazy K 2.0

That is a very cool AG award!

LRB, here they are.  Some are off because the GPSs are not friendly with certain areas there.

GPS Interval

TypeDistanceDurationElapsed TimePaceAvg HRMax HRNotes
                          1 Interval 1 mi 9:56 9:56 9:56 145 157  
                          2 Interval 1 mi 9:56 19:52 9:56 153 159  
                          3 Interval 1 mi 10:07 29:59 10:07 156 164  
                          4 Interval 1 mi 9:52 39:51 9:52 154 158  
                          5 Interval 1 mi 9:59 49:50 9:59 155 163  
                          6 Interval 1 mi 9:55 59:45 9:55 154 158  
                          7 Interval 1 mi 10:04 1:09:49 10:04 156 158  
                          8 Interval 1 mi 9:58 1:19:47 9:58 157 161  
                          9 Interval 1 mi 10:08 1:29:55 10:08 157 170  
                          10 Interval 1 mi 9:59 1:39:54 9:59 159 163  
                          11 Interval 1 mi 9:53 1:49:47 9:53 163 183  
                          12 Interval 1 mi 9:54 1:59:41 9:54 163 168  
                          13 Interval 1 mi 9:14 2:08:55 9:14 166 172  
                          14 Interval 0.1 mi 0:52 2:09:47 8:40 166 172

Nice race!

cjones1

Cjones, sounds like a rough day.

It was, but I still had 3 smiling faces waiting for me at the finish line, and they don't care how fast I get there. Perspective is good on a day like today.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

happylily

Not all in one sitting, of course.

Brookside chocolate and wine will always win this woman's heart. <3 <3 <3

I've never had Ghirardelli chocolate. Dark sea salted caramel... mmmmmmmmm

Unfortunately, I'm stuck eating a tough piece of pork which is actually quite disgusting because no one in this house knows how to BBQ properly. It is accompanied by plain white rice, steamed spinach and raw carrots. That's about the extent of my cooking skills... But I will indulge in a small glass of red wine in honor of this most beautiful picture!

happylily

It was, but I still had 3 smiling faces waiting for me at the finish line, and they don't care how fast I get there. Perspective is good on a day like today.

Don't let this bad day shake your confidence. We've all had these incomprehensible bad races that don't make sense. Push it out of your mind and look at it as if it was just a training run and not really a race. That's what I do with all my bad races. So I can say that I've had a few good races and many "training runs" in my runner's career.