Beginners and Beyond

FRIDAILIES have it all - shoes, boots, legs, and abs! (Read 255 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

DR - just the regular mileage one so far. 2013 I'll have that by August/Sept.Smile Shooting for 3000 in 2013 after a subpar running year imo this year due to various ailments.

Somebody posted the link for the 2013 registration in the other thread.  You still have time, as the registration deadline is 12/12.  Sign up!

I am shooting for 2500.  The asthma impeded me from doing that this year so I get to try again. Big grin

Damaris

B-Plus

Robert - good morning to you as well. RMTB - In addition to "padding" the miles, I believe I feel more loosened up for my real run later. The only problem is that it creates more laundry. Robert (again) - Thanks Kay - Great job getting the soggy miles in. My spacing never shows up correctly when posting from my iPhone, so this time I tried leaving 2 lines between.
      runmomto3boys

Robert: I literally SNORTED when I read your shout out to yourself.  That. Was. Awesome.  Craft pics to come...as always!

B-Plus

Robert - good morning to you as well. RMTB - In addition to "padding" the miles, I believe I feel more loosened up for my real run later. The only problem is that it creates more laundry. Robert (again) - Thanks Kay - Great job getting the soggy miles in. My spacing never shows up correctly when posting from my iPhone, so this time I tried leaving 2 lines between.

Still doesn't work.
          FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

B-Plus, I have the same problem from my phone. It seems to be a mobile interface issue.

As for me, I was a big dummy and didn't set my alarm last night. I was intending to do a 2 mile shakeout with strides this morning since I have a 5k tomorrow, but that didn't happen. Instead, I am going to pick my son up early from daycare today and take him with me for a mile and change to keep my streak going and get him some exercise at the same time before he goes to his dad's and sits on his ass all weekend. It's a win-win that way. Smile

seeamyrun

Hi Gang,

In for a quick peek, running late to run errands before DS gets home from school.

I slogged through 12 miles this morning. It was miserable out there. 63 degrees, 100% humidity, and dense fog. The air was so thick you could see the moisture...ick!

Catch ya'll later!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

B-Plus, I have the same problem from my phone. It seems to be a mobile interface issue.

As for me, I was a big dummy and didn't set my alarm last night. I was intending to do a 2 mile shakeout with strides this morning since I have a 5k tomorrow, but that didn't happen. Instead, I am going to pick my son up early from daycare today and take him with me for a mile and change to keep my streak going and get him some exercise at the same time before he goes to his dad's and sits on his ass all weekend. It's a win-win that way. Smile

Are you shooting for a PR?

Damaris

Luke79

6 mile easy bike...just to stay loosey goosey.  6 mile run planned for the morning.

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Damaris - Yes, I think so. I'm feeling a little bit ambivalent right now, but it would be good to close the year out on a high note.

runmomto3boys

Amy: Oh my GOSH...100% humidity and that MLR???  Great work getting through that run.  Yuck!

Flippy: I looove that you are taking your little out for a run today.  He's going to be a little runner just like his Mama.  Best of luck to you at your race tomorrow!  I can't wait to hear all the details and the re: line of your post better/will say "PR, BABY!" 

Luke:  Nice biking!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Good luck!

Damaris - Yes, I think so. I'm feeling a little bit ambivalent right now, but it would be good to close the year out on a high note.

Damaris

Ric-G

day off from work today...yes

and did 6 @7:50 this morning. alone at home with nice breakfast after. that's a nice friday in these parts. have a good weekend everyone.

marathon pr - 3:16

Robert- Thanks!  And nice job on the personals.  The only way I could stay on top of it would be if I got up at 4 every morning and wrote them while there were still only 3 people that had posted.  ; )   I'm kind of a personals loser...

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

Oh, and I wanted to add my best wishes to April, Flippy, and anyone else racing this weekend- hope things go great for you guys!  : )

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

EasyMiles

Just finished 2000 yds in the pool.  Holy Crap is that hard!  I've run about 2700 miles this year and with my first injury in over 2 years, let's just say, I haven't exactly done any cross-training.  Now, with my calf hurting, I've decided to really give it the time it needs to completely heel, so this week I have done the stationary bike at the gym and now I've done laps at the pool.  Not that biking isn't a good workout, but swimming wins the Holy Crap is that Hard award for the week.  

I'm sure it will get easier as the breathing thing took a little while to get used to, but after 50 minutes in the pool I feel like Kay after her 4 miles in the rain J-E-L-L-O!