Beginners and Beyond

Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon, an RR (Read 91 times)

One2Run

Congrats! 3:31 is awesome! DH and I did he half that day, and I would agree that labelling it flat is pushing it. Festive, sure, but not flat.

Did you find it better than Ottawa? I thought it was way less crowded, and corrals were managed better.

How did you do in NYC?

happylily

Thanks, One2Run! I thought the corrals were very well managed. They made an effort to check all the bibs for correct placement. I did not find the course too crowded at all, maybe only the first few miles, but nothing that was impossible to deal with if you pay attention. How would I compare it to Ottawa? To me, two different cities, not really comparable. I enjoyed both and both have great organisations. Crowds are a bit thin in some places in both races, but loud and cheery in other places for both as well. I'm a sucker for all my races, they are like my babies and I love them all.

New York City was extraordinary. The city has special significance to me and the race ended up having the same significance in some weird way. It was an experience I will never forget. I did not do great on a performance level, nor did I fail. Mostly, like everyone else, I endured the winds and I persevered. I finished a happy camper, that's what matters.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010