Beginners and Beyond

Turnverein Tuesday Penguins (Read 25 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Scotty, yes to photos, but I'm trying to move to better climate and I don't think SA is much better than the hellhole I live in.

Ginny, yes, another dinner and drinks.  Yum.

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  The universe seems to be conspiring to make me extremely cranky today.  First my tech greeted me by repeatedly slamming the door in my face.  He thought it was funny, until I made it in the door and called him a jackass, at which point he realized it wasn't particularly funny after all.  Then there's a job to be done for my chorus.  One lady said she'd take care of it, so it should only peripherally involve me.  Only she keeps sending me all the info she's gathered, and now she's asking my opinion.  Um, it's your job, not mine.  I don't care what you do.  I'm just providing you with a file.  So hopefully I can bury myself in my office for a while until I can be civil.  Didn't run last night, should run tonight.  Stretching, clamshells, and my first attempts at the chair of death this afternoon.

Scotty -- have fun chasing Great Legs later!!

PAD -- mmm, hot tub!!

Bin -- woo-hoo for your intervals!!

Awood -- glad you got the important run done!!

Docket -- have fun with bingo_jenn!!

Zelanie -- hot looking shoes!!

hog -- woo-hoo for the good news!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Mitch - that's great news.  Really happy for you.

Awood - my best running is when I'm travelling.  It's always so much more fun when you don't know what's around the corner (though in S. Dakota, watch out for the bison and antelope).

Bin - sorry you're still coughing.

Scotty - is the summer heat finally ending for you all?  We've been in the 70's for a week now, but it's supposed to be 90 tomorrow, then back down to the 70's.   Feels good, but confusing. Enjoy your evening run.

Damaris - is your cat still improving?  Have fun with your FE tomorrow.  Another dinner?

PADRunner - enjoy your rest.

Zelanie - nice shoes.

AFM:  I'm still running only once a week.  When I try twice, it hurts (low level) for a couple of days afterwards.  I shouldn't be running at all, but I really miss it and so I keep testing to see if I'm healed yet.  Close, but not yet.

Ginny, I would suggest you do some pool running for a while.  Wear an aquabelt around your waist and run in deep water so you get no impact to your body.  Also, with the resistance of the water as you run, this will help your body rehab too.  You can do an online search on pool running and find all kinds of workouts you can do with pool running that will help keep you from getting bored with it.   I try to pool run about once a week and find it very helpful.

As for our heat, well, we are still in the 90s during the peak part of the day, but at least it's the low 90s, and our 100-degree days seem to be leaving, thank goodness!  And the mornings are getting nice and cooler, in the low 70s, with a dew point usually in the 60s now.  Still the occasional 'sticky' morning but it is a lot better than it was. No more Miami weather, yay!  So Damaris better move here quick to start taking advantage of it!  Joking

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Scotty, yes to photos, but I'm trying to move to better climate and I don't think SA is much better than the hellhole I live in.

Ginny, yes, another dinner and drinks.  Yum.

Well, we do get a Fall and sorta winter, so I'd say it is much better than where you are.  At least we get a break once in a while, and often for several straight months.

Dang, HsM, some nice Tech you got there!   You shoulda kicked him in the balls and said "Gee, that was funny...from my point of view." Wink  And good luck with the Chorus Lady too.   You probably should hibernate today as much as possible, stay away from everyone, enjoy some peace and quiet, do your work.   Then go home and run and let all the day just 'release' from you.  It will get better, HsM.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Zel: Cool shoes!

Bin: Your workout sounds like mine.

Docket: Where do you want to move?

Tonight I am running 8 miles with 10x100 strides. This is my first "recovery" week of the Pfitz plan so my mileage will be down a bit.

When it rains it pours... DW's car needs brakes and tires. Of course the house AC chooses this week to break down so I have the AC guy coming over this afternoon. Thankfully, the temperature is down to the 90s this week. LOL!!!

Hi everyone else and have a good day.  Gotta run (no pun intended).

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Go West!

Zel: Cool shoes!

Bin: Your workout sounds like mine.

Docket: Where do you want to move?

Tonight I am running 8 miles with 10x100 strides. This is my first "recovery" week of the Pfitz plan so my mileage will be down a bit.

When it rains it pours... DW's car needs brakes and tires. Of course the house AC chooses this week to break down so I have the AC guy coming over this afternoon. Thankfully, the temperature is down to the 90s this week. LOL!!!

Hi everyone else and have a good day.  Gotta run (no pun intended).

Damaris

Philliefan33

Oh, I'm just too far behind to do personals today -- just a few comments.

Mitch, that is great news.  At least it is "only" the Crohn's.  Did I ever mention that my DD, a graduate student in biochemistry, is in a group that studies Crohn's disease?  DD, who has an Analytical Chemistry focus, is working on methods to ID chemical markers for Crohn's.  If she is successful, she will help develop a testing protocol to diagnose the disease without colonoscopy.

Scotty -- how about them Eagles?  I really hope that the Redskins defense is very good, and the first half of last night's game is an indication of what we can expect from Chip Kelly's offense.

DR -- You work in the US Attorney's office, correct?  Are you able to put in an OP to transfer to a different office?  Some of the best weather for running is in the Pacific Northwest.

AFM -- 5 miles at tempo pace last night.  Tonight should be about 7-8 miles at easy pace.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

So 90% of the country is in play...lol

Go West!

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oh, I'm just too far behind to do personals today -- just a few comments.

Mitch, that is great news.  At least it is "only" the Crohn's.  Did I ever mention that my DD, a graduate student in biochemistry, is in a group that studies Crohn's disease?  DD, who has an Analytical Chemistry focus, is working on methods to ID chemical markers for Crohn's.  If she is successful, she will help develop a testing protocol to diagnose the disease without colonoscopy.

Scotty -- how about them Eagles?  I really hope that the Redskins defense is very good, and the first half of last night's game is an indication of what we can expect from Chip Kelly's offense.

DR -- You work in the US Attorney's office, correct?  Are you able to put in an OP to transfer to a different office?  Some of the best weather for running is in the Pacific Northwest.

AFM -- 5 miles at tempo pace last night.  Tonight should be about 7-8 miles at easy pace.

Not that office but the UST instead of USA office.  No.  I would need to apply for an open position and get it.  I asked to be tranferred to Orlando when we moved there for three months 4 years ago and I am still waiting for an answer.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

So 90% of the country is in play...lol

LOL.  The middle is definitely NOT in play.

Damaris

tracilynn

How about Nashville?

~~~~~~~

Traci

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

How about Nashville?

WEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damaris

hog4life

Phillie, if she needs guinea pigs, I'm in.

Traci, if you are interested, I can put you in contact to volunteer Rocket City Marathon finish line.

SheCan

Did 7 miles yesterday and 11 today as my LR.  I don't think I'll put in as many miles this week as last.  Hope everyone is having a good week!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Hi Pengs.  3 indoor track miles today.  Streak at 35.  Taking the week off (unpaid) to recover.  All but one wedding guest is gone (except for DD2 BF, but she can entertain him).  Visited Lakefront Brewery in Milwaukee yesterday with BIL/SIL.