Beginners and Beyond

2 days, 1 DAILIES (Read 45 times)

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning everyone. Happy Mother's day.

Thanks again for all of the well wishes! I'm overwhelmed by all of the support. A mini recap: Weather was great at the start: 41 and sunny with light wind. The Half, Full and 10k started on the Memorial Bridge between Moorhead, MN and Fargo, ND. At 8 the hand-cycles went and then we were off. The 10k and Full went right, half went left at the end of the bridge. We split from the 10k after a few miles and then we'd meet up with them after we were done with about 8. We also met up with the Half course around our 13th mile. There were still a few people walking the Half course when we came through, and most of the aid stations looked like a war zone. I kept the pace good through 21. I saw a guy go down on the side of the road and lay on his back and yell "CRAMP!" about as loud as I've heard a person scream. LOL - it must have been bad. I started walking the aid stations after 21 and may pace took a bit of a hit. I met up with a group around mile 25 and we all look at each other and I said: Everyone ready to finish under 3:45? A gal looked at me and said, "Let's do this." And so it was. We ran by the guy holding a scythe with a hood on and holding a sign reading "The End is Near" and we crossed the finish line in 3:44:17. Smile

Have a good day everyone!

- Andrew

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Great job, Andrew!

Damaris

Mmmmm...beer

Outstanding job Andrew!  I feel for that guy with the cramp, sounds like it was bad.  I like the camaraderie at the end of the race!

15 miles done early this morning, finishing out my second consecutive 60 mile week, feeling good! #basebuilding Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Good morning, everyone!

Andrew, congrats!

I'm running later this afternoon, after I've cleaned up from a MDay lunch. I'm thinking around six.

LRB

Good morning, everyone!

Andrew, congrats!

I'm running later this afternoon, after I've cleaned up from a MDay lunch. I'm thinking around six.

Hi!

Six miles or at 6:00? 

outoftheblue

Thanks for the recap Andrew.  Great job coming in under 3:45!

LRB -- thanks for the laugh.  That's me today as well.

Taking a RD from running, but need to scramble to get some farm work done that didn't happen yesterday.

Life is good.

LRB

'Sup crew!

I have a pretty big run on tap this morning at or around tempo pace and tomorrow a long run (for me) of 8 to 10 miles.

I ended up with 6.6 miles today.

I have had four consecutive weeks of 10 mile long runs and with things going great for me so far this season (by all accounts), I decided to just run short today.

Despite being stiff as a board and tight as hell, I carried a pretty good pace right from the jump today.

DavePNW

Morning everyone. Happy Mother's day.

Thanks again for all of the well wishes! I'm overwhelmed by all of the support. A mini recap: Weather was great at the start: 41 and sunny with light wind. The Half, Full and 10k started on the Memorial Bridge between Moorhead, MN and Fargo, ND. At 8 the hand-cycles went and then we were off. The 10k and Full went right, half went left at the end of the bridge. We split from the 10k after a few miles and then we'd meet up with them after we were done with about 8. We also met up with the Half course around our 13th mile. There were still a few people walking the Half course when we came through, and most of the aid stations looked like a war zone. I kept the pace good through 21. I saw a guy go down on the side of the road and lay on his back and yell "CRAMP!" about as loud as I've heard a person scream. LOL - it must have been bad. I started walking the aid stations after 21 and may pace took a bit of a hit. I met up with a group around mile 25 and we all look at each other and I said: Everyone ready to finish under 3:45? A gal looked at me and said, "Let's do this." And so it was. We ran by the guy holding a scythe with a hood on and holding a sign reading "The End is Near" and we crossed the finish line in 3:44:17. Smile

Have a good day everyone!

If that's your race report, it pretty much tells it all!

Great job to get the sub 3:45!

Dave

Ric-G

6.5 miles this AM

And....Happy Mother's Day to all you great moms out there!

marathon pr - 3:16

meaghansketch

Congratulations, Andrew!  Wonderful job.

Happy weekend everyone!

Didn't do so well at my race today; heat + no taper meant that I finished more than a minute slower than I wanted.  15 seconds faster than this race last year (similar conditions and hills) so I'll take it, but I had really wanted to do better.

DavePNW

Didn't do so well at my race today; heat + no taper meant that I finished more than a minute slower than I wanted.  15 seconds faster than this race last year (similar conditions and hills) so I'll take it, but I had really wanted to do better.

Sorry it didn't go better, you'll get it next time.

Dave

DavePNW

Planned 8 miles easy today, with the possibility of making it 11 to get to my first 50-mile week since marathon taper. Figured I would also try to scout out availability of the other HS track nearby, and in fact found it wide open. Change of plans! Now was as good a time as any to try my first ever interval workout. After 4 mile easy warmup, did 4 x 400's with ~3 min recoveries. Paces for the 400's were 6:27, 6:16, 6:13, 6:21. I suppose those should have been at my mile pace, which would probably be slower, but I really have no idea of feel for those kind of paces. It's gonna take me a while to figure that stuff out. Finished with 2 mile easy cooldown for 8 miles total; decided I did not need the extra 3 miles, I am not in high mileage mode right now, 47 for the week will do just fine.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Meaghan, strong effort nonetheless and with the heat, 15 seconds faster than last year is good.

5 TM miles.  I didn't want to risk it so I didn't do more.

My breathing is still off and I liked the med but not if it's going to hurt my running.  More mixing meds coming soon.

Damaris

LRB

Dave the pace is not that important for where you are, trying to group your splits equally is.  You did fine in that regard.

It's a different world out there on the track, nicely done!

LRB

Crap!  I know that feeling, it's hard to put those behind you.