Beginners and Beyond

2 days, 1 DAILIES (Read 45 times)

6.0 miles in 58:52. 9:49 pace. 77F. 28F dewpoint. More comfortable in those temps than I expected.

happylily

Not sure if this will show, I've been having problems showing pictures lately. This is the e-card that my daughter made for me today. Aren't they both lovely? My son had nothing for me, but that's ok. I don't think he knew it was mother's day. We're not big on celebrations like that and I love the little bugger anyway. 

In other news, I just got back from the airport. My race was a total suck fest. But it was still a beautiful day and I enjoyed the LR.

Enable images to view Élan d

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

Not sure if this will show, I've been having problems showing pictures lately. This is the e-card that my daughter made for me today. Aren't they both lovely? My son had nothing for me, but that's ok. I don't think he knew it was mother's day. We're not big on celebrations like that and I love the little bugger anyway. 

In other news, I just got back from the airport. My race was a total suck fest. But it was still a beautiful day and I enjoyed the LR.

Enable images to view Élan d

Yes it showed.  Sorry about your race, although I am sure it was not as bad as you are letting on.

happylily

Yes it showed.  Sorry about your race, although I am sure it was not as bad as you are letting on.

It was TERRIBLE! I had to poop twice. Yes, TWICE!!!  And it was hot. Terribly hot. But most importantly, I just wasn't in that great a shape to start with.

LRB

But most importantly, I just wasn't in that great a shape to start with.

Damn.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It was TERRIBLE! I had to poop twice. Yes, TWICE!!!  And it was hot. Terribly hot. But most importantly, I just wasn't in that great a shape to start with.

Sorry about your race!  Nice pic!

Damaris

StepbyStep-SH

What a beautiful card, Lily! I can't speak or read French, but I'm pretty sure I made out the words courage and accomplishments - both fitting tributes. Sorry the race wasn't meant to be today.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

DavePNW

Truly sorry about your race. Although the comment in bold makes me go . It seemed you were training like a madwoman.

Great card anyway.

Dave

happylily

Thank you, guys. 

Shari, my DD wrote me something really nice, yes. I'm not sure I deserve it, because I don't see myself as the most maternal mother around and running accomplishments have nothing to do with courage in my opinion, but I hope that I did give her enough love to pass on to her daughter. I know that she will be a terrific mom. Your picture is great as well! Kevin is such a sweetie!

Dave, my training was going well until about 5 weeks ago. Then I ran a 20 miler at 7:50 pace, in a 75 mile week which included a hard speedwork session. Then, the week after, I ran out of fuel and I was never able to recover. I started skipping runs, was off in my paces, and I could feel my heart beating loudly at night as if it was going to explode. Not a nice feeling. Last night, I had to adjust my goal time to something more realistic, but even then, I finished way off of it. But like I said, I enjoyed the run. 68F, gorgeous blue skies and full sun. Our first summer day here. The course was lovely and the woods smelled good. I would do it again even knowing about the finish time beforehand.

Zelanie

Alexipou.   What a nice card!  Glad you had a good run even if it wasn't a good race.

Just B.S.

It was terribly hot wasn't it?  You looked great out there as always!

happylily

It was terribly hot wasn't it?  You looked great out there as always!

And so did you!!! We both look fantastic. LOL... 

Just B.S.

Mais oui!!! Smile

DavePNW

Need pics!!

Dave