Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies: The Winter Games (Read 39 times)

Baboon

delicate flower

T.J. Oshie:  American Hero.

<3

StepbyStep-SH

Morning, all.

Knee isn't too bad, but I decided to take the morning off anyway and spend some extra time with DH. Icing the knee now before a day of running around taking DS to a program about ducks and how to draw them, and later to a birthday party.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies...

Baboon: "15 mile sentence..."  LMAO!!  When is your next big race? A marathon, I assume.

10 miles with DW done! It feels good to have over 30 mpw again. I have 33 for the week and might go out for three more tomorrow. For now, it's time for a breakfast burrito from our favorite hole in the wall.

Enjoy the three day weekend.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Healing vibes for Damaris and Step.

I unexpectedly ended up in MD this weekend to see the BF. He was supposed to have to work all weekend on this huge brief, but they got an extension on it and found out last minute yesterday. So to MD I went! We didn't have much of a valentine's day....I got there so late we watched some Olympics then went to bed but it is still mice to be here.

Snow is so much more here than we have in NYC. And the sidewalks and asphalt paths aren't shoveled. I have micro spikes won't help me with a foot and a half of snow. So, sadly both runs this weekend will be on the TM if he can sneak me into the gym. I have a 2.5 and a 5 this weekend dunno which day will be which I will probably decide while on the TM today

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I am home.

Damaris

Will run for scenery.

The temps here are warm enough for a hike, but we're having some crazy winds. All night long it sounded like jets flying over the house.  When it gets strong enough the windows leak a little and make a kazoo sound.  Not easy sleeping through that.

Anyway I haven't been running lately and my feet & AT hurt.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

LRB

O-Ren Ishii: code-name cottonmouth, and leader of the Crazy 88's.  The price you pay for bringing up either her Chinese or American heritage as a negative is... she collects your f***** heads. 

Hip Redux

3.5 miles done on snow shoes.   Finished up just as the next storm was moving in!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Smile how do u feel

I feel like I ran a marathon and did 30000 crunches.  I am in pain but I think I'm going to decline Percoced for as long as I can.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

O-Ren Ishii: code-name cottonmouth, and leader of the Crazy 88's.  The price you pay for bringing up either her Chinese or American heritage as a negative is... she collects your f***** heads. 

I love Kill Bill.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Today is a complete rest day, and I hoping that tomorrow's little run will have good news. I don't think I am going to take Rocky though, I want to focus on my stride and not be yanked by him. I'll do a 3 mile loop and if all goes well I'll grab him and go for another loop. If all doesn't go well.......... I will cry 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

LRB -- See above.

Yeah it took me forever to get going for today's run!  Incredibly at mile 3 (I am usually well into my intervals by then), I was even questioning whether I should just run easy the rest of the way!

But alas, at mile 3.5 I finally hit the lap button for a few minutes at tempo pace, which seemed to do the trick as I was now primed and ready for the workout to commence.

5 x 1000's at 5k pace with 400 meter recoveries.

I run on rolling hills on the weekend and though my target pace was 6:18, there were times where I was running 5:55 all the way to down 6:40 depending on where I was on the course!

That used to frustrate the shit out of me but I have come to understand that effort is more important than pace when on hills, and I definitely ran at VO2 max effort today.  None more so than my fourth rep which finished uphill at a pace of 6:46 but I was completely spent at the end of it so I know I hit my target.

As it is I got 5.70 miles @ 8:25, 3.1 miles @ 6:30, and 1200 meters @ 6:37 for 9.5 miles total and a great day of running!

Baboon

delicate flower

Hi Dailies...

Baboon: "15 mile sentence..."  LMAO!!  When is your next big race? A marathon, I assume.

Vermont City Marathon, May 25.  Two half marathons and a few shorter races between now and then as well.

<3

DavePNW

Yes! I guess they were going to keep sending him out until he got it right. Although the Russians got jobbed on the goal that was waved off. What't the point of having your own Olympics if you can't have a little home cooking on the officiating?

Anyhoo, I watched that game on the couch, on a normal sized screen. Then went out to run in 9F temp, -5F windchill. But at least it was sunny. 17 miles.

Dave