Beginners and Beyond

Crawl, walk or run SunDAILIES (Read 44 times)

LRB

It don't matter just get there baby!

'Sup crew!

I will be running soon but only for about a little more than an hour today.  I am just going to take it easy rather than jumping right back into 12 mile runs.

I have an idea of what I am going to eat after my run, what's on your menu or fitness schedule today?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oh, boy, competing Dailies!

11 miles done.  I'm spent for the week with so many MLRs this week.

Damaris

delicate flower

'Morning!  I got out of bed at 8:30 only because I figured ten hours of sleep was probably enough.  Heh.  Today will be a bike ride for me and DW and a run for me and DW.  Gonna be a good day.

<3

From the Internet.

I guess this is the thread that won! Rest day - drove DH to the airport at 5:15, got donuts for breakfast from the best donut shop in New England, and we have a party/fundraiser/raffle thing for DD's preschool all afternoon.

I can't remember if I posted about this in the dailies or just in the Penguin thread, but I'm pretty sure my hips have been contributing to my multitude of lower leg problems after reading this. Theory is that glutes not firing properly and anterior pelvic tilt = I end up overstriding even when it doesn't feel like it, my calves have to do more than their share of the work to move my body forward, and in turn my shins also get stressed more than they should. I've been doing weighted glute bridges at the gym, unweighted single-leg bridges immediately before running, and really focusing on getting my glutes to fire at the appropriate time and keeping my pelvis from tipping forward during the actual run, plus stretching and foam rolling afterward, especially hip flexors.

I ran 5 on Thursday and 10 yesterday and my calves and shins feel way less beaten up than usual, even though yesterday's run was a distance PR by a mile. So far so good - we'll see how this week goes!

hog4life

Hiya dailies, HM yesterday felt like crap but got a cool finisher medal and I bought a couple souvenir bottles and had them engraved. Next weekend's races will be better!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Good morning everyone, I got my 16 miler in this morning and didn't even consume a single gel Smile but I did consume some water and quite a few sips of gatorade. Bring on Sunday!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Dude! I want a whiskey bottle with my name on it! Good job on running a crappy race though Smile

Hiya dailies, HM yesterday felt like crap but got a cool finisher medal and I bought a couple souvenir bottles and had them engraved. Next weekend's races will be better!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nice medal, Mitch!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I guess this is the thread that won! Rest day - drove DH to the airport at 5:15, got donuts for breakfast from the best donut shop in New England, and we have a party/fundraiser/raffle thing for DD's preschool all afternoon.

I can't remember if I posted about this in the dailies or just in the Penguin thread, but I'm pretty sure my hips have been contributing to my multitude of lower leg problems after reading this. Theory is that glutes not firing properly and anterior pelvic tilt = I end up overstriding even when it doesn't feel like it, my calves have to do more than their share of the work to move my body forward, and in turn my shins also get stressed more than they should. I've been doing weighted glute bridges at the gym, unweighted single-leg bridges immediately before running, and really focusing on getting my glutes to fire at the appropriate time and keeping my pelvis from tipping forward during the actual run, plus stretching and foam rolling afterward, especially hip flexors.

I ran 5 on Thursday and 10 yesterday and my calves and shins feel way less beaten up than usual, even though yesterday's run was a distance PR by a mile. So far so good - we'll see how this week goes!

Sounds like progress. Good luck!

Damaris

LRB

I guess this is the thread that won!

I certainly would have acquiesced to the lady had I known. 

LRB

Those bottles are cool as hell!  You have done that race before, right?

Lauren, I saw that bit on the hips in the magazine and it was just too much for my feeble brain to process.  lol

Wassup everyone else!

Welp, I got my first longish run done at my new easy pace averaging 7:40 for 8 miles. It was a beautiful morning to run at 32 degrees, a sky full of sun and no wind and I had a good one!

I completed the run in 61:21 and if I am able to run comfortably at that pace moving forward 8 miles might become my new daily average at some point this year.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I must post the pics of my temporary and unexpected running buddy from 11.5 to 13.5 miles before he got distracted by other dogs. I am happy to say he was neutered, it always pisses me off when people let their dogs run around and they aren't fixed so I was pleased to see that he was taken care of. Now if only they could just keep him in his yard.

PRs

Ric-G

cool jd medal pic and doggie pic....5 miles this AM....have a great day everyone!

marathon pr - 3:16

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I must post the pics of my temporary and unexpected running buddy from 11.5 to 13.5 miles before he got distracted by other dogs. I am happy to say he was neutered, it always pisses me off when people let their dogs run around and they aren't fixed so I was pleased to see that he was taken care of. Now if only they could just keep him in his yard.

Hope he found his way back home!

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Something tells me that boy gets around, but I doubt he'll take the road back, he might just cross through the field and back to the road where I found him instead.

Hope he found his way back home!

PRs