Beginners and Beyond

Where Are All the SUNDAILIES? (Read 54 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Of course.

Morning all!

Did 21.3 miles at 8:55 pace. Much faster than my usual LR pace, but felt great today. Finished it with mile 20 at 8:35, mile 21 at 8:10. If only today was race day!

I made a pot of coffee when I got up, so it would be ready for DW who was not up yet when I went out. Of course she did not imagine I would have done that, since I usually go out pretty quickly. So ut of habit she made another pot on top of the mostly-full one, and it overflowed all over the place. Glad I was not there for it, I think it ended up being somehow my fault.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone!

Damaris

DavePNW

Basya - respect the taper! But it doesn't limit your push-ups, so do as many of those a you want.

Docket, I don't know how you run in that stuff at all. Way to pump the iron!

April, congrats on the PB mileage week! More uncharted territory ahead!

Blue, you're making me hungry .

Shirfan, when you are done with your housework, stop by my place. Is it going to be tough for you to work a marathon & not run it?

Bruce, enjoy the steamy run, embrace you're inner Docket.

Zelanie, take a hike!

Kristin, a PR is a PR, way to tough it out!

Step, sounds like a real grind, great job pushing through the tough conditions to get it done!

Dave

Ric-G

step - nice job; between the driving and the weather conditions that doesn't sound easy

Kristin - very nice on the pr....

basya - stay calm now....

D - nice job with the weights

april - good for you on the mileage

shirfan - cool of you to volunteer

zel - enjoy the hike

bruce - watch those temps especially with that winter you had

blue - funny how things grow like crazy in the spring

dave - that was a great run

wanted to do 8 later but will revise to 4 or 5. will put up a kid pool later...that I use too. have a good sunday all.

marathon pr - 3:16

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

But one thing I have noticed is that, compared to a year ago when I was using albuterol every 2 hours during my runs, I breathe much better now.  It's a huge improvement from last year and I'm happy.  Great job on your run!

Basya - respect the taper! But it doesn't limit your push-ups, so do as many of those a you want.

Docket, I don't know how you run in that stuff at all. Way to pump the iron!

April, congrats on the PB mileage week! More uncharted territory ahead!

Blue, you're making me hungry .

Shirfan, when you are done with your housework, stop by my place. Is it going to be tough for you to work a marathon & not run it?

Bruce, enjoy the steamy run, embrace you're inner Docket.

Zelanie, take a hike!

Kristin, a PR is a PR, way to tough it out!

Step, sounds like a real grind, great job pushing through the tough conditions to get it done!

Damaris

YAYpril - B-Plus

I ate 1.5 waffles for breakfast an hour ago and am still hungry. Good thing it's almost lunch time.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning dailies!

April - Congrats on a new mpw PR!

Hobbit - Sounds like a great vacation. I'd love to go to the Bahamas.

Kristin - Congrats on the PR!

Step - I think the humidity took its toll on me too yesterday. I newspaper said that the humidity was between 87 and 89 when I was running the half. It was in the 80% range up until noon. I didn't leave anything on the course and felt light headed afterwards. It definitely was difficult running.

SRD for me today. I was planning on mowing but it's raining out. I have some flooring stuff to take care of and will probably start cleaning the garage.

- Andrew

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I went to Taco Bell for lunch.  Good thing their beans are vegetarian because I pigged out.  I never go to fast food restaurants and this week I've been craving them.  Maybe I'm pregnant with a fast food lover. Big grin

I am not pregnant, let's keep the rumors straight, please.

I ate 1.5 waffles for breakfast an hour ago and am still hungry. Good thing it's almost lunch time.

Damaris

LRB

What up doe crew!

Man, I got so damn high drinking wine at the movies last night, that there were leaves on my pillow when I woke up this morning, my goodness!

Star Trek is a decent movie, even if you are a non-Trekkie you will likely find it entertaining.  I could do without some of Spock's babbling but overall I liked it, and the villain was expertly cast.

Needless to say my head felt like a cinder block this morning, but I got on up and out for 12 easy miles all the while singing: wine is good, wine is great, but not worth this damn headache!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Make sure to look at the dewpoint instead of % of humidity, as the % is misleading sometimes.  I'm sure the 80% range meant some dewpoint above 65 which is muggy starts.

For example, I've run in Miami with 50% humidity but 77 dewpoint and the humidity is truly closer to 90% with respect to how it affects a runner.  I'm sure it was worse than the 80% for you.

Morning dailies!

April - Congrats on a new mpw PR!

Hobbit - Sounds like a great vacation. I'd love to go to the Bahamas.

Kristin - Congrats on the PR!

Step - I think the humidity took its toll on me too yesterday. I newspaper said that the humidity was between 87 and 89 when I was running the half. It was in the 80% range up until noon. I didn't leave anything on the course and felt light headed afterwards. It definitely was difficult running.

SRD for me today. I was planning on mowing but it's raining out. I have some flooring stuff to take care of and will probably start cleaning the garage.

Damaris

YAYpril - B-Plus

I went to Taco Bell for lunch.  Good thing their beans are vegetarian because I pigged out.  I never go to fast food restaurants and this week I've been craving them.  Maybe I'm pregnant with a fast food lover. Big grin

I am not pregnant, let's keep the rumors straight, please.

I'm going to Trader Joe's this afternoon so I might have to eat cat cookies (for people) and cookie butter. For lunch.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Morning - er, afternoon, Dailies!

URD for me today - thunderstorms rolling through, and I really don't want to get struck by lightening. Just getting over a pretty heavy head/chest cold also, which seemed to peak yesterday. I'm feeling pretty good today, but I think it's wise to give it one more day before I start pushing the mileage again.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

Baboon played sherpa today for oski and I while we did our first duathlon (another story).

For the record, he's the one sleep on the couch right now Big grin

tinman11

8 miles early but still hot & humid.

Thunder & lightning hit around mile 7.9 and hasn't stopped yet.

It's a good day to flip channels between Baseball & Bump Day at the Brickyard.

DavePNW

But one thing I have noticed is that, compared to a year ago when I was using albuterol every 2 hours during my runs, I breathe much better now.  It's a huge improvement from last year and I'm happy.  

SmileSmile

Still use mine every time pre-run, and never have any trouble during a run (unless I am in the midst of one of those months-long respiratory infections). The one exception of course was my last marathon; I am currently debating whether to carry it with me on my upcoming one. I generally don't carry anything, no place to put it, would probably just make it my "handheld". Would rather not have it, unless of course I need it....

MTA: DW & I (& one DD) loves us some Taco Bell. It's the only fast food we really eat.

Dave

DavePNW

Baboon played sherpa today for oski and I while we did our first duathlon (another story).

Two athletes x two events = 4 RR's! Bring 'em on!

For the record, he's the one sleep on the couch right now Big grin

I've heard he's a delicate flower. 

Dave