Beginners and Beyond

Sunday Penguins Need A Morning Jolt! (Read 184 times)

Bin Running

Gustav, thanks for starting and good luck with the bike..

Jen, Awesome on the 9M LR..

Kristin, haa on the dog chewy... Hope the ITBS heal soon.. You might have heard this often but really patience is the best policy here..

Jerry, Hope you get some run with that baklava..

Kristi, Hope your right leg behave.. Damaris, Enjoy the sleep in..

Dave, Congrats on the 10K.. speedy!

Mitch, awesome on the 11+++ LR yday.. think you are more or less back!

Steph, Brunch with family sound like a wonderful thing to do on weekend.. Get that 4M recovery later.. Traci, Sorry abt the sickness.. You are on backup week.. so that's still ok..

Awood, that's random.. I am sure Mel DD can built you one.. haa..

Lauren, Eclipisal machine helps me when I am down with injuries then.. so bike would help as much ..

Mickey, enjoy the RD.. I see you have started on miles game too..

Scotty, enoyed the RR, as usual..

Cherie, Enjoy the RD.. seem like a fun day for you.

Coralie, I have been wanting to catch the Hobbit.. but will have to get someone to babysit DS..

Mel, Have a good day...

AFM.. Did 6M recovery for yday.. Can only squeeze in 10M LR today due to DS having to attend some classes at 10am.. W2 of my HM plan.. and my week mile is shorter than last week by 1M.. Had a nano streak of 5 days though.. but nothing compare to awood or dave.. Hope I can stick to my plan next week..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

N-Bug

Will run for beer.

Awood - close?             

AFM - thankfully, last of the holiday get togethers is over.  I ate like a PIG... and can feel it.  LOL   Today is an SRD and it actually feels good... apparently I was needing on.  So, off to do more of nothing!   Have a great evening.

Tori Runs in PA

Pittsburgh RN!

Hey penguins!!

3 miles in! (I was going to insert a picture of my beautiful run tonight but how in the heck do you do it)!! DOH!

back to school tomorrow!!! aahhh.......almost done!!

TOMAS---was happy to see your team won!!

SCOTTY--ROOTING FOR THE 'SKINS!!

Do or do not, there is no try. 

My first races EVER! 

Saxonburg Distance Series 5KRaces: 

#1: 7-14-2012 Cross Country Crusade 5K: 42:50 

#2: 8-11-2012 Roebling's Run 5K: 38:54

#3: 9-8-2012 Festival of the Arts 5K: 36:37

Hey Doc

Feets don't fail me now

Hey Pengs!  Glad to catch up with everyone.  I had 4 on the TM today.  Have a great night!   Gotta gear up for Monday....

From the Internet.

Bin - it did help, not as good as a run but I feel better after getting my heart rate up for 30 minutes. Maybe I'll give the elliptical a try next time to switch things up.

Zelanie

Vance- I will have to share that photo with my daughter. I bet she will get a kick out of it. She says they lose points if their robots fight, but you can give it some "defensive" moves.

Sloooow.

Bin- luckily my partners daughter was available to babysit her sisters. She's pretty much the only person I trust with them!

2.5 miles at the local antebellum home. WOW. It was tough. The paving is very cracked and disturbed, and it's very hilly. I think I will go there every other week for the hill work, but otherwise it's such slow going with all the pot holes. My average pace was 12:45 which is about a minute slower than my usual.

ETA: my total miles for the week, 10.2! First time over 10 miles, very happy Smile

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Bin- luckily my partners daughter was available to babysit her sisters. She's pretty much the only person I trust with them!

2.5 miles at the local antebellum home. WOW. It was tough. The paving is very cracked and disturbed, and it's very hilly. I think I will go there every other week for the hill work, but otherwise it's such slow going with all the pot holes. My average pace was 12:45 which is about a minute slower than my usual.

ETA: my total miles for the week, 10.2! First time over 10 miles, very happy Smile

Congrats on the first double digit week!  Huge milestone.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

SheCan

Cherie, enjoy the RD and party later!

Thanks Jen!  Had a great time, just ate a bit too much!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Tori Runs in PA

Pittsburgh RN!

Okay..some personals! YAY!

Gustav--good luck at whatever workout you did today!

Jen-Glad the 9 went well!

Kristin-I sure hope that knees get's better in time.

Dave--I wasn't online at all yesterday, so I will have to go back and find your RR..assuming to put one up1

Hope you feel better, traci!

Steph--you're a beast!! LOL!

awood--it's been windy here the past few days but today actually wasn't bad at all!! Crazy how much difference the wind makes!

Zel--good luck with school tomorrow!! I go back as well!! Congrat's on finishing week 1 of your HM training!! :-)

Bryan--congrat's to you as well for finishing your week 2 HM plan!

Coralie--congrat's on your double digit's!

My first races EVER! 

Tori Runs in PA

Pittsburgh RN!

Dave--HOLY CRAP!! I went back and read yesterday's penguins thread! How amazing do you feel after that! Not that I wasn't expecting great things but I had to do a double check on what I was reading.

Way to go! LOL!

My first races EVER! 

Dad on the run.

Hey everyone, spent half my day in bed with a migraine. Fun, Fun. Finally got to feeling better after my wife brought me breakfast in bed and I slept another 4 hours or so. Only 8 miles for the week but next week I'm on nights and hopefully running will get a little easier for me since i can just get out there and run alone without a stroller. Plan on 6 tomorrow and 27 for the week, hoping to peek at 40  per week before my half.

Paleo diet is going well. We had veggie loaded omelet and bacon for breakfast, left overs from yesterday for lunch and having coconut chicken with a raspberry salad for dinner. I also had success with my first attempt at making some almond butter. Going to have that with an apple tonight for a snack while at work, the butter taste great!

Oh, and my dog is really sick, he chewed off part of his toy and ate it and now he can't seem to pass it so he hasn't been eating much and drinking very little. He did this when he was about 7 months old and after about 4 days he finally vomitted it all up and was right back to normal and he ate 2 tube socks at 6 months old. If he don't vomit/poop them out by the end of tomorrow I am going ot have to take him to the vet and I am sure they will want to do surgery....

Well that's it for my day, hope everyone is having a great Sunday!

Mitch - Our HM is getting close, we are really excited about seeing you and your wife again!

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi, guys. I read everything but spent most of the day resting my headache so I could run.  And run I did.  Awesome 9 miles with 4 @ HMP.

Hope everybody has a great night.

Damaris

I knocked out my 8 before church today. Then had lunch and a nap. This week might be kind of stressful. We go back to school and it is full of meetings and fun crap like that. My running this week should be painless until Sunday. I have Monday off then 4, 3, 2, and off Friday and Saturday then race Sunday.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Mmmmm...beer

Thanks Tori! Smile  I didn't do a full RR, since it was an informal race, no bling, no pictures, but it was timed and there was a nice party afterwards with beer and bbq. Big grin

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!