Beginners and Beyond

Tacyphagia Thursday Penguins (Read 24 times)

hog4life

Hey everyone, 7-8 tonight when I get off, but have a doctor's appt first. Its a followup with the GI doc, after seeing the surgeon. I'll mention to him the pain I was having last weekend.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi, guys.  Super busy today.  URD, Hershey might be getting blocked or sick again, travel tonight, and we our building was evacuated for 2 hours due to a bomb threat.  Awesome!

This day sucks.

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

Geez, Docket, what a day!!

If it'll make you feel better, I'll confess that yesterday around 11:00, when I went to the bathroom, the zipper on my jeans broke.  I pulled my shirt down over my flapping fly and scuttled back to my office, only to discover that there wasn't a safety pin anywhere, and apparently staples won't go through denim.  I called DH and made him drive an hour to bring me some pants.  I couldn't just go hit up a store somewhere because the IT guys were bringing by my laptop!

Ok, so not on par with a sick kitty and a bomb threat.  But maybe you can get a giggle from the thought of me trying very hard not to show my underwear to God and everybody!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

SheCan

Danged, Scotty, you have a lot going on!   Great job on the hills, especially right before this race.  Good luck to you on your race tonight, and good luck to Gail with her toe.

PAD-- Hi ya, good job on the miles.  I hated the fall time change when we lived in the midwest.  Here in AZ we don't have time change and it really is nice.

HsM-- enjoy chorus practice tonight.

Jimmy-- ohhh, I do hope you can bring your litttle one out treating.  I'm wishing dry weather for you guys!

Jack-- awesome shoes there.  Are these for the race????

Mitch-- good luck with the doctor.  BTW, I really enjoyed your race report.  You seem like such a nice person.

Docket-- ugh@ sucky days.  Hope things settle down and behave like they're supposed to.

Got 7 easy miles in with some hill sprints.  Was a nice run.  Hubby's twin brother is here from Alabama visiting and they're wanting us to go see Ender's Game tonight at the theater.  Should be fun, but I hope we can get decent seats.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

SheCan

kristin, I looked up that Marathon Challenge video yesterday, and remembered where I'd heard about it--from myself the first time I watched it!  It sucks getting old and not remembering anything.  So I went ahead and rewatched it anyway.  Still good.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

She Can: Maybe. I might do my last 20 mile run in them as a test. They felt good yesterday for 9.

Dad on the run.

Jack - Are those 890v3?

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Jack - Are those 890v3?

Yes. Feeling good!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Congrats on your miles, PAD.  What's wrong with running on Central time?

Have fun with your miles, Phillie.  Or..you could run in costume and hand out treats to the trick-or-treaters as you run along.

Jerry has already started his weekend.  Happy weekend, Jerry!

Enjoy your SRD, obiebyke.  I usually don't wear costumes either, not really comfortable in them, especially when I run.

Enjoy your SRD too, Jack!  Nice rides for your feets, Jack!

Have a fun night, Zelanie.  Wow, you and hubby go all out.

Good luck with the laptop, HsM.  Sorry about the stuck zipper.  Good thing your hubby was home.

Plus, Jimmy, the bungee laces will come in handy if you ever fall off a ridge while running..going down, catch your lace on a branch or something and you'll just booooounce right back up!   Joking

Hope your doc appointment goes well, Mitch, and the doc does let you run tonite after you tell him about the pain.

Dang, Damaris, one crazy day for you!   Safe travel tonite!

Hubby's twin brother is here..   So no drinking for you, Cherie, during the visit, so you don't mistake the brother for hubby.. Wink

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Dad on the run.

Sweet! I just picked up a pair of the v4's. I tried on the 3s but they felt just a little more snug in the toe box than what I like. My New Balance Minimus has spoiled my toes.

Yes. Feeling good!

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Sweet! I just picked up a pair of the v4's. I tried on the 3s but they felt just a little more snug in the toe box than what I like. My New Balance Minimus has spoiled my toes.

Don't forget to get them a size bigger than your regular shoes. I usually wear a 10 but my running shoes are 11.5 or 12.

Dad on the run.

Yea, mine are 11.5 and most of my other shoes are like 10 or 10.5

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

SheCan

Hubby's twin brother is here..   So no drinking for you, Cherie, during the visit, so you don't mistake the brother for hubby.. Wink

Now Scotty, don't make me gag!  That would be my worst nightmare Joking.  Probably because I know them so well, they don't look that much a like (though everyone else would disagree.)  However DH let his bro wear one of his shirts yesterday, and it  made me do a double take and freaked me out some.

Cherie

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

"I'm still finding my way around my new laptop ... it took me a few minutes to find Wordpad.  And they didn't copy over some of my files, notably my huge database that I need for my work.  So I downloaded my 8.7 gig zip file yesterday and today I'm trying to move and unpack it. "

HsM, did you find the missing foot ????  

Amazonian Princess

Ninety minutes of work left but they can wait while I wave to the Penguins!

scottydawg – love the comics! Best to Gail re: toe surgery and your likely foot-related puns Wink

PADRunner – Hello!

Philliefan – maybe you can pass out candy as you run, newspaper boy style?

Jerry – Happy Halloweekend! Late in asking, but what’s it like to volunteer at a marathon? The company I work for requires us to complete a number of hours of volunteer work every year and it sounds like it could be interesting.

Obiebyke – Late to say, but your description of Jimmy rolling on the bed and karate chopping the ceiling fan was too funny! And I love your cute little avatar.

Awood – Did you say your DW will be doing walk/run for the half this weekend while you do the marathon? Impressive! You guys will crush it!

Zelanie – Another late to add, but your dreadlocks were so cool! I'm a child of the eighties but don’t think I could look at, let alone post, a picture of the hot mess crimped mop I sported. You are fearless in so very many ways!

HopesMom – I loved the picture of you with wings! For a Halloween-themed bike ride I attached a halo to my helmet and wings to my Camelbak. It was great until I forgot to duck when riding under a tree Blush

Jblackjr – Hope there’s no rain and you get in some great trick-or-treating with DD!

Jack – Nice shoes!

H4L – Hope everything went okay at the doctors appointment. LOVED your race report even though it made me choke up a little. Okay, maybe more than a little.

Docket – Sorry your day sucks, hope it gets better. Alcohol may help. Just sayin' Big grin

She Can – Thank you for the kind words last week re: my 5k race to honor my mom and aunt that we lost to breast cancer. You always know what to say to make someone feel better and I admire that.

I participated in the Komen Race for the Cure last Saturday but I arrived too late for the timed women’s race so ran it with my niece and uncle during the untimed event. I have no doubt it was the fastest I could move my biscuit, so I’m bummed that I forgot to turn off the Garmin until after we posed for photos. “Double-check the start time the night before a race” – another lesson learned. Oh, and my uncle placed 2nd in his AG only 4 months after he started running (and he started after hearing me talk about how I love it!)

Ran a quick two last night and hoping to fit in a longer run this weekend. Getting ready for vacation so work is ramping up with everyone starting their sentences “Can you do this before you leave?” and I just smile and listen to the ukeleles in my head...

I can. I will. I am.