Beginners and Beyond

Opening Ceremony to the weekend Fridailies (Read 44 times)

StepbyStep-SH

Kristin - Prayers for your cousin's wife and the surgeons and nurses caring for her right now!

I am sick of the TM, tend to go too fast in my easy runs on the track, and desperately in need of some fresh and sunshine. So, despite the temps checking in with wind chills of -5 to -10*, I will run outside today and I will enjoy it, damn it. Probably just 6 miles easy.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Yugo8

Yay!  Happy Friday, yo!

Functional equivalent of a rest day, so 4.5-mile frolic around the park.

Zelanie

Morning!  We have 9" of snow on the table in our backyard, which is more than we had in December, and that's more than we had gotten in 20 years.  The forecast for today is for another 4-8" before the freezing rain hits.  Luckily, schools are at least closed today so hopefully people will stay off the roads.

Today is a SRD for me.  Hopefully being stuck inside with out running even won't make me eat all the food we have here.  I will probably at least go out in the snow with the dogs.

Beth- Probably be good to see everyone, though, even with the somber mood it can be good to connect.

LRB- Too funny about the music.  And for the boss, I bet he listens to that music too.  It was probably like being a cop trying to get somewhere only everybody around him keeps driving the speed limit!

SIAR- Sounds like a crazy workout!  Have fun!

Phil- Glad the legs are getting back to normal.

D- Morning!

Dave- You're doing a great job getting those miles in on the belt!

Julie- Hope the miles go well later.  I am having an argument with DH about the Olympics.  He doesn't want to watch at all because he's unhappy with Putin and the anti-gay laws.  My thoughts are that the fact that the Olympics are there are shining a spotlight on the laws and putting pressure on them to change.  Plus I do think the spirit of people from all over the world coming together for friendly competition is awesome.  And all of the people who have worked so hard for their chance to get there.  I think it's pretty cool.

Scotty, Jimmy- Hiya!

Kristin- Sending more good thoughts in this thread too. Smile

Step- Hope that you have a great run outside!

Yugo- Hope you have a great frolic!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

At the office, so it's trying to block things Sad pooh

Today is a rest day, except for upper body strengthening today. I've been on ebay searching for a used Bob stroller, just out of curiosity and because I want to go ahead and sell both the infant carseat and adapter that go with the stroller I have now, but DH would rather them all be sold together so I've been looking for a stroller that can handle running, rollerblading and hiking or very rough terrain. I found a used one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321315474304?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNXBlushT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

and made a "silly" offer of $150 not expecting them to accept it. Well this morning they accepted it, so hopefully it will survive my warmer activities. Smile Plus, it's canopy comes out A LOT farther than the one I have now, Dorian was hardly ever covered in shade during a lot of our outings so it will be nice for him finally.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

DavePNW

Dave- You're doing a great job getting those miles in on the belt!

Julie- Hope the miles go well later.  I am having an argument with DH about the Olympics.  He doesn't want to watch at all because he's unhappy with Putin and the anti-gay laws.  My thoughts are that the fact that the Olympics are there are shining a spotlight on the laws and putting pressure on them to change.  Plus I do think the spirit of people from all over the world coming together for friendly competition is awesome.  And all of the people who have worked so hard for their chance to get there.  I think it's pretty cool.

Thanks...it has certainly been a challenge, especially in the early AM.

I am looking forward to watching the Olympics as always. And Putin's anti-gay positions are certainly offensive, but I think there will be a lot of good opportunities for athletes to thumb their noses at it. (See Norwegian curling uniforms. And oh, the men's figure skating.)

Dave

Dad on the run.

FS - What stroller? Ebay is blocked at work.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Yay, I have a half-day off today!  Since I am off on Monday - my actual birthday - my co-workers are taking me to lunch today at Olive Garden and then I get to go home after lunch, nice.   Probably a good thing.  Our local roads were dry this morning...now we are getting some precipitation and the roads are starting to get slippery.   Everyone may eventually get to go home early, the university I work for and all other local schools and universities might be closing before the driving conditions get too hazardous for we really terrible bad-weather drivers here in San Antonio.

So, LRB, you got your workout in and added an additional arm exercise by throwing your player.

"I will enjoy it, damn it."  That's the spirit, Step! 

4.5 mile is equivalent to a rest day, Yugo?  That's a long run for me, lol.

So, Zelanie, winter at your house is going to the dogs....

Congrats on acquiring the stroller you wanted, FreeSoul.  Why is it called a "Bob" stroller?  I have no kiddies so, like that character in Hogan's Heroes, "I know nothing!"

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Will run for scenery.

Julie, I think watching the opening ceremonies with the kids is a great idea.  What better chance to teach them expressions like "That's so lame!"  or "What was Ralph Lauren smoking ?"

Zel,  I think it's important to separate whatever little political dramas are going on from the true spirit of the Olympics.   Just think of all the dedication and hard work the networks and corporate sponsors have put into this event !

AFM, I packed my gym bag, so it looks like cardio and weights and a little bit of TM.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I think it is a slightly older model, but it is a Bob Revolution. Not the SEI I think, let me get a pic.

FS - What stroller? Ebay is blocked at work.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Not sure, I think it is the brand and don't ask me why they decide to call it Bob.

Congrats on acquiring the stroller you wanted, FreeSoul.  Why is it called a "Bob" stroller?  I have no kiddies so, like that character in Hogan's Heroes, "I know nothing!"

PRs

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning dailies! (It's still morning here for 10 minutes.)

FS, neat stroller. I have a jogging stroller that we clip the car seat in. Maybe in the future we'll upgrade to something like you purchased. It looks nice!

After work yesterday DW and I went to look at a house that was put on the market 4 days ago. Well our realtor had some bad news for us. T sellers had already accepted an offer on it. Wow! 3 days on the market and it sold! Well the offer is contingent that the buyers sell their existing house. We could technically list our house, sell it, then go through negotiations. TBH I really wasn't wowed by the house. Even though it checks all of the boxes it really didn't seem to be worth what they were asking. We still need to finish all of our projects and then list our house. You can guess what I'll be working on this weekend.

On the running side of things, 7 miles done on the TM this morning. The last I checked I had more time committed this week than Zelanie. Smile

Have a great day everyone!

- Andrew

Dad on the run.

BOB = Beast of Burden, orginal BOB was a bicycle trailer to pull your kiddo around. You can ready all about it on the bob about page Smile Also Bob is now owned by Britax. And Britax has recently been sued by Baby Jogger for copyright infringements due to the "almost copy" of their single hand folding system. Not that anyone wanted to know all that Smile

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

..........That's a lot of bad......

BOB = Beast of Burden, orginal BOB was a bicycle trailer to pull your kiddo around. You can ready all about it on the bob about page Smile Also Bob is now owned by Britax. And Britax has recently been sued by Baby Jogger for copyright infringements due to the "almost copy" of their single hand folding system. Not that anyone wanted to know all that Smile

PRs

Dad on the run.

Just one bad and that's the fact they were sued. Britax is a great company and makes some pretty excellent baby gear. In fact we are buying a britax stroller for our soon to be baby boy since you can get it with a travel system. This is the stroller we are getting Britax B-Agile and this is the stroller that it copied Baby Jogger City Mini. I guess Britax thought by adding a little push button on the side of the stroller that had to be pushed in before you could pull up the handle that is located between the seat and the back of the stroller was enough to keep them from copyright infringement.

..........That's a lot of bad......

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Zelanie

Andrew- The first house we wanted to look at had already been sold, too.  But without that house we never would have looked in this neighborhood because we thought it was out of our price range.  Hope you find the perfect one for you!  And yes, my moment of glory is quickly fading away with the weekend coming up, I suspect.