Beginners and Beyond

WEDNESDAILIES (Read 48 times)

Zelanie

Morning!  The 800s went pretty well last night, although I have to work on not slacking off on that second 200m chunk.  By the last one, I felt like my legs could feel the pace, it was good.

Phil- I'm going to put in another plug for the Saucony Breakthru as similar to the Ride, but so much less clunky.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lol Jay, I know right.

I actually tried the Alka-Seltzer plus dissolving tablets this morning, it seems like they worked amazingly fast. Sadly it's an NSAID and it wouldn't be wise to take them before a run..... damn it.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Baboon

delicate flower

Phil- I'm going to put in another plug for the Saucony Breakthru as similar to the Ride, but so much less clunky.

My Rides are the Gore-Tex ones they were selling at the Philly Marathon expo.  I bought them because DW said "Buy these so we get VIP race access!"  Who am I to say no?  They do certainly keep my feet warm and dry though.

<3

outoftheblue

Good morning.  I'm going to hit the garden and front yard with the hoe and do some weeding while the ground is still soft from the recent rain.  Next 10 days are forecast to be dry and warm, so its back to drought we go.

My hope today is to drive out to the park this afternoon to get me run it, but I'll see how the days goes.  The convenience of having a TM steps aways, as opposed to driving 15 minutes to someplace runnable outside, wins the argument more often than not.

Life is good.

onemile

This is proving to be a tough winter for marathon training.  Last year's bitterly cold winter was tough, but all the snow this year is even worse.

It actually hasn't been a bad winter in Wisconsin for training. If only I had the motivation to actually do it.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

4 recovery miles for me.

DaveP: How is the knee?

Baboon

delicate flower

It actually hasn't been a bad winter in Wisconsin for training. If only I had the motivation to actually do it.

You are training well for someone who is lacking motivation.  I am jealous of your miles.  I'm feeling a little itchy about my lower miles right now but I am trying to trust the process.  This will be my first 50 mile week of the year and I'll continue to build up from here.  I don't have the miles right now but I am certainly running harder.  10 weeks to go.

<3

cjones1

Alarm went off at 4:30.  Didn't want any part of running.  Got up and ran 7 with 4 @ tempo pace anyway.  Had a major badass moment in the driveway after I finished when I realized I did my run even though every bit of me wanted to stay in bed.  A lot of people do that all the time, but historically, I turn the alarm off, so it was a good morning for me.

Tomorrow, scheduled rest day at a good time since the windchill is going to be 0 in the morning.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

onemile

You are training well for someone who is lacking motivation.  I am jealous of your miles.  I'm feeling a little itchy about my lower miles right now but I am trying to trust the process.  This will be my first 50 mile week of the year and I'll continue to build up from here.  I don't have the miles right now but I am certainly running harder.  10 weeks to go.

I'm jealous of your lower miles. Seriously.  Right now I am doing more than I care to do.

And I guess it's only 9 weeks for me. Yikes.

Baboon

delicate flower

I'm jealous of your lower miles. Seriously.  Right now I am doing more than I care to do.

I guess the grass is always greener when the grass is greener.

<3

outoftheblue

I know that feeling.  When and what is your race, again?

I'm not sure when I'll sign up for my next big race because I remember that feeling so well.

Life is good.

onemile

I know that feeling.  When and what is your race, again?

I'm not sure when I'll sign up for my next big race because I remember that feeling so well.

April 20th. Boston.

I said "never again" to running a spring marathon because I have such a hard time training through the winter. And I am a one marathon per year type of person. I get burned out from the training.

But then I got sucked in again.  I am running less than I would if I was training for a goal race but still more than I feel like doing right now.

Baboon

delicate flower

April 20th. Boston.

I am jealous of your spring marathon.

<3

onemile

I am jealous of your spring marathon.

I suspect you'll be running it next year.

DavePNW

April 20th. Boston.

I said "never again" to running a spring marathon because I have such a hard time training through the winter. And I am a one marathon per year type of person. I get burned out from the training.

But then I got sucked in again.  I am running less than I would if I was training for a goal race but still more than I feel like doing right now.

That would suck me in.

Dave