Beginners and Beyond

Early bird catches the Saturdailies (Read 36 times)

roger65

6.26 miles in 43:54. Not a PR, but I'm still happy. It was extremely windy and I didn't taper for this. Finished 1st AG (on 2, lol) and 4th overall. Yes, it was a very small race. :-) Came home and ran 2 more miles very slowly. I wanted to run 4, but my ankle is still sensitive and I better rest it for my 18 miler tomorrow.

A 69 year old American lady drowned yesterday, right here at the beach. She was an experienced swimmer, but it was very windy and the waves were huge. She was 200 meters off the shore. There are no lifeguards here. They sent a helicopter to rescue her but it was to late.   Sad. :-(

LRB

Congrats um, roger.  lol

As for me I couldn't sleep for shit so I got up and ate again.  Now I am lying back down.  

DavePNW

Congrats um, roger.  lol

+1 on the congrats

+1 on a certain uneasiness with the new username

Dave

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Sly: Congrats on the win.

3.3 super easy miles for me and some core work. I'm thinking I might get a 12 pound medicine ball for some sit ups and those trunk twister things.  Dinner and beer later tonight with some friends.

Peace out.

LRB

+1 on the congrats

+1 on a certain uneasiness with the new username

Maybe we should go with roger that.  lol

Jack an 8 lb ball should be plenty unless you are really, really strong.

roger65

Roger is a perfectly noble name. I like it. Guys, I just steamed 5 lbs of mussels and I ate half of them. I'm so proud of myself. If I do not appear in the dailies tomorrow, it's because of food poisoning.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Maybe we should go with roger that.  lol

Jack an 8 lb ball should be plenty unless you are really, really strong.

I am massive. I tear phone books and stuff. Wink Thanks for the tip. I will be sure to handle the balls before I choose one.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Being that the heat index is 106F, I think it's TM time tonight.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

6.26 miles in 43:54. Not a PR, but I'm still happy. It was extremely windy and I didn't taper for this. Finished 1st AG (on 2, lol) and 4th overall. Yes, it was a very small race. :-) Came home and ran 2 more miles very slowly. I wanted to run 4, but my ankle is still sensitive and I better rest it for my 18 miler tomorrow.

A 69 year old American lady drowned yesterday, right here at the beach. She was an experienced swimmer, but it was very windy and the waves were huge. She was 200 meters off the shore. There are no lifeguards here. They sent a helicopter to rescue her but it was to late.   Sad. :-(

Nice job on the race!  Sad about the lady, ugh.

Damaris

delicate flower

30 mile bike ride is in the books.  This was a supported charity ride and there were eight folks in our group.  We rode with and for our friend Bob.  Bob's got a wee touch of lung cancer and he was not having a good day.  He got 20 slow miles into the ride and had to call it a day.  Sag wagon for him.  Poor Bob.  He's always positive though and was happy he was able to do 20.

Sitting home now.  Need to let lunch digest a bit before going out for a run.  I may nap too...

<3

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

7.3 miles at an Easy pace, including 10 strides. It was my first run of the week. Have a good one. Smile

- Andrew

LRB

I am massive. I tear phone books and stuff...

I have a crap ton of big ass dumbbells and plates from my body building days that get no use anymore as you just do need any of that for running.

Shit, I used to squat 325 lbs for reps now rarely go above 65 lbs, and we will not even talk bench press! 

MBC had it right, running is bad for you. lol

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Tomorrow is going to suck balls Sad  Hourly forecast tomorrow is currently showing that between 3 AM and 6 AM the temp will be around 70, dew point 70 and 100% humidity with barely a breeze (2 mph) ............ why does that suck???? Because I have my first ever 18 miler toorrow  

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

7.3 miles at an Easy pace, including 10 strides. It was my first run of the week. Have a good one. Smile

Excellent!

Are you getting one of them hobby jogger strollers to push the kid?

LRB

Tomorrow is going to suck balls Sad  Hourly forecast tomorrow is currently showing that between 3 AM and 6 AM the temp will be around 70, dew point 70 and 100% humidity with barely a breeze (2 mph) ............ why does that suck???? Because I have my first ever 18 miler toorrow  

I did my first 18, 20 and 22 mile runs in similar temps (actually hotter for the 20 mile run!) but luckily for me I had no clue or concept  about weather and its effects on running, I just went out there and ran.  lol