Beginners and Beyond

Early bird catches the Saturdailies (Read 36 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I am absolutely dreading it Sad Wouldn't be so bad if there was wind or some sprinkles (please no downpours damn it lol). I am actually praying for a huge storm to hit some point today or tonight, normally a huge storm cools things down and the forecast has been "predicting" scattered showers and storms all day but nothing so much as a shower yet. Sad

I did my first 18, 20 and 22 mile runs in similar temps (actually hotter for the 20 mile run!) but luckily for me I had no clue or concept  about weather.  lol  I just went out there and ran.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Tomorrow is going to suck balls Sad  Hourly forecast tomorrow is currently showing that between 3 AM and 6 AM the temp will be around 70, dew point 70 and 100% humidity with barely a breeze (2 mph) ............ why does that suck???? Because I have my first ever 18 miler toorrow  

Mine will suck as well.  86F at 5am (heat index) and 78 dewpoint. 

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

But you'll be fine, Andrea!  Go get it!

Damaris

LRB

But you'll be fine, Andrea!  Go get it!

Yep, take a poll of any group of marathon runners and we all got horror stories.  Every single one of us.

Just take to care to have water along the route or money, and try to do it before the sun comes out in full force and puts the finishing touches on your ass.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I have my UltrAspire hydration pack, with a 12 oz bottle of water with 2 endurolyte fizz tabs and the 1 L reservoir of water but I am seriously thinking of taking the 1.5 L instead..........

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It was still 100F so I did what a sane person would do (LRB, at least).  4 TM miles and a kickboxing plyo workout afterwards.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Forgot to say, we watched Guardians of the Galaxy.  I loved it!  And the ending (after the credits rolled out) with the ABC song and the tree dancing, LMFAO.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

That movie was awesome, better than I expected, that's for sure.

Forgot to say, we watched Guardians of the Galaxy.  I loved it!  And the ending (after the credits rolled out) with the ABC song and the tree dancing, LMFAO.

PRs

LRB

Fark, I have not seen it yet!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Fark, I have not seen it yet!

I am not telling you anything substantial or important.  It's just a nice scene and funny as fuck.  Now go see it.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I saw Lucy last week.  It was good but the ending was a bit meh.

Damaris

Hip Redux

Yes!  Loved it!!  Mini Groot. lol

LRB

That movie was awesome, better than I expected, that's for sure.

How is it that you saw a movie before me, hmph! 

LRB

I am not telling you anything substantial or important.  It's just a nice scene and funny as fuck.  Now go see it.

I am, tomorrow.  Especially since O has seen it too. 

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

DH and I saw it on opening night. 

How is it that you saw a movie before me, hmph! 

PRs