Beginners and Beyond

More Rain TuesDailies (Read 19 times)

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

5 miles that started in a drizzle and ended in a light rain.  Easy effort, though my watch says I need 3.5 days to recover.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! Storms during the night and more right now and coming. Tornado watches, hail warnings, and pouring rain on and off all day. I have 7 at some point on the TM when I can hop on safely.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Almost went back to bed since it was raining.  Decided to get up since it's not gonna stop any time soon. 5.5 with 8x3min 10k effort.  Probably should have cut it short, thunder started in the last 15 minutes.

Baboon

delicate flower

'Morning!  Track workout done.  7 miles total, with 3 x 1.5 mile tempo, done slightly faster than my HM pace from a week ago.  Good run.

I also had my semi-annual blood draw this morning.  My red blood, hemoglobin, and platelets are all low, but Doc says they are not low enough to worry about yet, so I'll take his word for it.  Too bad I couldn't get a blood transfusion before the Boston Marathon #jokingnotjoking

<3

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

'Morning!  Track workout done.  7 miles total, with 3 x 1.5 mile tempo, done slightly faster than my HM pace from a week ago.  Good run.

I also had my semi-annual blood draw this morning.  My red blood, hemoglobin, and platelets are all low, but Doc says they are not low enough to worry about yet, so I'll take his word for it.  Too bad I couldn't get a blood transfusion before the Boston Marathon #jokingnotjoking

My mother was getting EPO as part of her treatments.  We used to joke about finding ways to skim some off for me to use.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
            10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19

DavePNW

Tuesday-before-Saturday-race workout for me today. I did not have high expectations, after the last two days of slow creaky slogs. But it actually went pretty well! Nearly 5 warmup miles then 4x1200m, 10 miles total. I was sort of targeting my ideal goal 10k pace for Saturday, which is 6:35, which would make it a PR. Reps ended up at 6:49, 6:38, 6:32, 6:27. I'll take it as a good sign! Weather forecast looks perfect; course is not pancake flat or anything, but not too bad.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I forgot to report on Sunday that this felt pretty bad ass and it's been around 2 years since I pulled this high mileage.

March: 196.2 mi 47:16:50 14:28 / mi

Damaris

DavePNW

I forgot to report on Sunday that this felt pretty bad ass and it's been around 2 years since I pulled this high mileage.

March: 196.2 mi 47:16:50 14:28 / mi

She’s back, baby!

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damaris

sdWhiskers

I only have 53 miles running in the past 30 days, yikes. That's like Fri-Sun for Dave and Baboon. I plan to get back at it at some point I swear. For the record, I'm STILL coughing so not a bad time to not be running. I actually haven't run a step while on vacation although I did bring stuff.

Today we explored White Sands NP. Which meant a ~5 mi hike, carrying sleds because sand dunes everywhere. It was a lot of fun! I put photos on strava and will post a few here later.

This was the highlight from yesterday, a travel day. World's largest pistachio, lol:

sdWhiskers

She’s back, baby!

Woo hoo!!!

DavePNW

I only have 53 miles running in the past 30 days, yikes. That's like Fri-Sun for Dave and Baboon. 

FTR, the most I've ever done on a Fri-Sun was only 50!

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Woo hoo!!!

Big grin

Feel better! That reminds of the Brussel sprouts at this park in Brussels dedicated to them.

I lifted after work.

Damaris

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Rainy and gloomy here today as well. No running.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**