Beginners and Beyond

Insomniac WEDNESDAILIES (Read 44 times)

Hi dailies:

Basya - enjoy the extra rest

Rick - running from carnies, be careful

DaveP - rest up

D - hopefully it's not too dreadful

B+ - good 8 later to you

Baboon - all day meeting, ugh.  Do they at least spring for lunch?

Step - good luck later, hydrate!

OOTB - odd dream

Scotty - have fun at the fun run, don't crash into any animals

Free - that sounds frustrating.  Hope you can talk it out so you get enough "you" time.

I got to legitimately sleep in today for the first time in forever -- Si didn't even bug me to get up until after 8:00.  I'm drinking tea and annotating a copy of my training log with what hurt and when.  PT this afternoon.

StepbyStep-SH

That's an awesome running dream.

I think my dream is telling me I don't feel particularly prepared for this one.

The two running dreams that stick in my memory are one where the race was in a multi-story office building where there were timing mats in every.single.doorway, and if you missed one you were DQ'd, and another race where I realized as I was doing my warm-up (on a college campus, both outside and into/through buildings) that I had somehow forgotten to put on a shirt. And there was no time before the race started to go find one.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

DavePNW

I think my dream is telling me I don't feel particularly prepared for this one.

I wouldn't read too much into it. I had my shoe-forgetting dream right before a 5k; I thought it was a pretty bad sign, but I ended up winning my AG.

Dave

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

FS

Yup, I hear you. It takes a bit of time to shake out the child care balance especially if one of the parents involved doesn't understand or accept the other parents needs. Sometimes the other parents never gets it.  Sad

Lucky for us it was fairly smooth.

Finished 14 last night at midnight.

So splitting today's 10 (6 done this AM).

And let me tell you even though it was all 'easy'. I Fing felt this morning...  Legs were just tired.

Have a good day all!

B-Plus

I think I ate something from Lily's fridge 

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I think his big thing is that Dorian loves me more, whereas Dorian just sees Daddy has the amusement park ride. I understand DH works his ass off at the shop, ensuring we can have our little boy with us everyday, getting home at like 8 or 9 PM which is why I do my best not to ask him to watch Dorian other than on Wednesday and Friday mornings and Sunday mornings which if things go right they both are asleep from when I leave to when I get back. Sometimes it doesn't always work that way but most times it does, but that is also why I can understand him getting upset or questioning my having my mom come out and watch Dorian last night.... it's bullshit 

FS

Yup, I hear you. It takes a bit of time to shake out the child care balance especially if one of the parents involved doesn't understand or accept the other parents needs. Sometimes the other parents never gets it.  Sad

Lucky for us it was fairly smooth.

Finished 14 last night at midnight.

So splitting today's 10 (6 done this AM).

And let me tell you even though it was all 'easy'. I Fing felt this morning...  Legs were just tired.

Have a good day all!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.1 again today. Small blister being my sock and shoe were so squishy wet from sweat.

Marjorie

LRB

FS no different than many others 95% of my time and funds went to my kids and significant other while doing the family thing, so on the rare occasion that I wanted to buy or do something for myself an eyelash better not had batted or all fuckin hell would break loose.

Not sure what the resolution is in your situation but no you are not asking for much.

LRB

I think I ate something from Lily's fridge 

Geez, what's going on up there?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

All your dreams made me laugh.  Lately, I have been dreaming I am a spy. That's what I get for reading a spy novel right now.

Back from court waiting for my lunch to be served.

Damaris

happylily

Geez, what's going on up there?

Our fridges are not refrigerating properly because it's been so damn hot up here.

And B-Plus, suck it up.  (seriously, I hope you feel better soon. Nothing sucks more than an upset stomach).

Feeling slightly better today, but I barely slept. Today is my SRD, but I will run 5 easy because I'm not sure I'll have time to run all my miles on Friday. We'll be leaving right after work, for a 12 hour drive (we'll sleep somewhere along the way).

FS, tell your husband that if he thinks Dorian loves you more than he does him, he's not helping the situation by shoving him onto your lap every time he's home. Maybe if your DH spent time with him when he is sick, or bored, Dorian would develop the same need for him as he has for you. As for running with Dorian not being good for him because he's sick, who knows better at this point, the person who spends time with him or the one who does not? Put your big girl's pants and tell him, woman! Men... grrrr....

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

Not all men lily, I would never put myself in the way of or be a hindrance to something my honey wanted to do, but a person is either like that or they or not.  So again, a resolution may not be that easy.

happylily

Not all men lily, I would never put myself in the way of or be a hindrance to something my honey wanted to do, but a person is either like that or they or not.  So again, a resolution may not be that easy.

I know, it's not all men... I just say that to get a reaction out of you, guys. :-)  My ex was very set in his opinion on the role a man has and that of a woman. I was 18 when I met him and it took me 5 years before I had him return home to his mama. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

I know, it's not all men... I just say that to get a reaction out of you, guys. :-)  My ex was very set in his opinion on the role a man has and that of a woman. I was 18 when I met him and it took me 5 years before I had him return home to his mama. 

Yeah that's usually how that ends and with good reason.  Good for you, some people get stuck in that life and never experience how things should be.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I think he just hates that our son and our animals love and respect me more than him lol, he will whine about it but I keep telling him  he makes himself out to be either a ride, furniture or a chew toy all the time, it's all his fault not mine or our son or the animals, it's his freaking fault! He's a freaking pushover and wonders why he is no more than a toy to them, I just laugh about it.

Thankfully my mom is saving the day and coming out tonight around 6:30 or 7 to watch Dorian, now I have to decide am I going to run my 8 miler in 78 degrees and 76% humidity and a dew point of 70 or just run 3 miles and save my 8 miler for tomorrow morning's 65 degrees, 78% humidity and a dew point of 58..... decisions, decisions...

FS no different than many others 95% of my time and funds went to my kids and significant other while doing the family thing, so on the rare occasion that I wanted to buy or do something for myself an eyelash better not had batted or all fuckin hell would break loose.

Not sure what the resolution is in your situation but no you are not asking for much.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)