Beginners and Beyond

MonDailies (Read 19 times)

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Summer humidity is still here, but more persistent than usual.  Perhaps it's the new normal.  In any case, 6 miles easy on tired legs today.  I saw the smoke Docket_Rocket has been dealing with may be headed my way.  I hope it clears out for my track work tomorrow.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19

Summer humidity is still here, but more persistent than usual.  Perhaps it's the new normal.  In any case, 6 miles easy on tired legs today.  I saw the smoke Docket_Rocket has been dealing with may be headed my way.  I hope it clears out for my track work tomorrow.

Rest day…. Made me look, smoke, if you scroll down there is forecast by city

https://www.airnow.gov/national-maps/

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! Still with bad AQ. WFH today as I have a doctor's appointment later but can't run this morning because the AQ is bad, FFS.

Hershey woke me up 40 times in the span of 4-6am, so I'm pretty sleepy.

I have 3 later.

Damaris

DavePNW

I started coming down with a cold or something last night, sneezing and runny nose. Took some Nyquil at bedtime which helped me get to sleep, but did not help me stay asleep. I was up for 2-3 hours in the middle of the night dealing with it. Got back to sleep then woke up at 4:30. Symptoms are a bit better this morning, but my run sucked - 6 sluggish miles. It was certainly not helped by the cold and lack of sleep, nor was it helped by having run 15 yesterday followed by racing 5k Saturday.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

What it do, Joe Sixpack!!  WFH day.  I slept in and missed my swim this morning due to a headache, but I am feeling fine now.  I did an hour on the bike trainer already and will do more pedaling after work.  My bike fitness is in unchartered territory for me right now.  It's kind of cool.  It'd be nice to run again tho.

HEY DOCKET ROCKET:  Have you ever done the Panama City Beach Marathon in Florida?  You know, since you lived in Florida and so therefore know everything that happens there?  It is Dec 2.  Wife is looking at this one (HM for her) for a December race trip.  Looks flatter than Space Coast and good course for a BQ 2025 attempt.

<3

DavePNW

HEY DOCKET ROCKET:  Have you ever done the Panama City Beach Marathon in Florida?  You know, since you lived in Florida and so therefore know everything that happens there?  It is Dec 2.  Wife is looking at this one (HM for her) for a December race trip.  Looks flatter than Space Coast and good course for a BQ 2025 attempt.

I can tell you about it: it's going to be warm and humid. Stop running marathons in Florida!

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

What it do, Joe Sixpack!!  WFH day.  I slept in and missed my swim this morning due to a headache, but I am feeling fine now.  I did an hour on the bike trainer already and will do more pedaling after work.  My bike fitness is in unchartered territory for me right now.  It's kind of cool.  It'd be nice to run again tho.

I have not! At least it's not South FL, so the weather shouldn't be 80-100F, I hope!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I can tell you about it: it's going to be warm and humid. Stop running marathons in Florida!

+1

Damaris

Baboon

delicate flower

But I'm good at it.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

But I'm good at it.

Imagine how good you would be if you didn't and choose a cooler place!

Damaris

DavePNW

Imagine how good you would be if you didn't and choose a cooler place!

I would love to see what kind of time you could put down if you had a flat course, cool weather, and a dedicated training cycle without any of that tri nonsense.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

Rest day. Supposedly our AQ isn;t bad (under 100), but it looks smokey out. It really looked bad when I was leaving work. I'm maybe 1/2 mile from the downtown, tall building part of Baltimore City and the building tops were in a haze.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Rest day. Supposedly our AQ isn;t bad (under 100), but it looks smokey out. It really looked bad when I was leaving work. I'm maybe 1/2 mile from the downtown, tall building part of Baltimore City and the building tops were in a haze.

Which website are you looking at, AirNow? It all depends on where they have the sensors. We have a sensor 2 miles from here so our reading is very accurate to what it says.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Which website are you looking at, AirNow? It all depends on where they have the sensors. We have a sensor 2 miles from here so our reading is very accurate to what it says.

Yea, it seems to have been bouncing around all day. Now it's back to unhealthy, which makes sense it is is gray out.

DavePNW

Coming from smoke central—PurpleAir is generally considered most reliable.

Dave