Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES: She's a little bit country and I'm a little bit rock 'n roll (Read 34 times)

Zelanie

I am thinking heading north won't be an issue?

B-Plus

There are actually some potential serious delays up on the Washington side. Maybe not on weekends, but it's good to plan your trip. Let me see if I can find that email.

http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/projects/i5/tumwaterblvdgravellylkdrpaving/

September 2014

Avoid I-5 through Olympia during the weekend of Sept. 19.
      Concerned about your Friday morning commute? Here is what to expect.
      See the Olympic Region Weekly Construction and Traffic Update report for current impacts to traffic.
      During the weekend of Sept. 19, drivers can expect possible major traffic impacts while construction crews replace a bridge expansion joint on Interstate 5 in Olympia. The work involves numerous day and night lane and ramp closures on I-5 and US 101. The work could create extensive traffic congestion on northbound and southbound I-5 and on US 101 approaching I-5.

Zelanie

Well crap.  I guess I will trust the Google to get me around that mess.

B-Plus

Well crap.  I guess I will trust the Google to get me around that mess.

It's an obstacle race now.

DavePNW

Pardon my French but I just fuckin' killed it on my long run.  21 miles at 7:45 avg pace.  My last 8 miles were the fastest.  7:27 pace for the marathon seems like it might be doable.

NOICE!

Dave

DavePNW

Slept like a total Baboon last night - must've been 9.5-10 hours, probably a record for me. Woke up at 6:45, then went back to sleep till 8:30. Cannot remember the last time I slept that late. However it didn't seem to help my running -- 11 easy miles, felt kind of sluggish. Some of my best runs have actually been on very little sleep.

Anyway, the big news is I hit 2000 miles for the year. Yay me.

Dave

LRB

Despite feeling the effects of this stupid cold I managed a pretty good run: 2 easy + 5 MP + 3 tempo with 400 meter slow jogs after each tempo mile.

11.5 miles total and now it's time to eat shit up, where the truth of the matter is I can barely taste a single thing.  What a damn shame.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Is it today? You kind of confused me this past week. Happy birthday Damaris! How old (or young) does that make you? Or are you the kind of lady who keeps that information to herself?

39. Thanks!

Great 21, Phil!  I cannot wait to see what you can do on the race!  Are you racing the TOT or just running it for fun?

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Happy birthday, Damaris!

Cy- I believe that she has a new AG, the same one I will be moving into in March. Smile

Not yet!

Damaris

LRB

Easily my most favorite decade of life!  Not that the 40's have not been a blast but let's face; you're in your 40's.  lol

LRB

Pardon my French but I just fuckin' killed it on my long run. 

Didn't you know?  French is the second first language here.

That's pretty impressive to run at or hit your GMP during miles 14 through 20 of 21 so win.  You are however, 20 some odd miles behind DP for the year so step your game up yo!

outoftheblue

Happy Birthday D -- Enjoys those martinis Smile

Fantastic job on the 21 miler Baboon.  It seems like you're firing on all cylinders right now.

I've got 11 easy miles on tap for this afternoon.

Life is good.

Ric-G

happy bday D; great job phil!

10 miles this AM at a relaxed pace...have a great day everyone!

marathon pr - 3:16

Baboon

delicate flower

Cyberic, DaveP, LRB, Docket, ootb, Ric-G, thanks for the props!  Feeling really good about that run, especially since it's at the end of a 72 mile week (high for the year) and 86 miles the last 8 days.  I'm psyched to run that well on top of that workload.  45 degree temps helped!

DaveP, congrats on cracking 2000 for the year!  FFS I am 25 miles behind you with an SRD tomorrow.  *sigh*

Docket, I haven't really decided how I'm going to run TOT.  I think at the very least I'll run it at GMP, though racing it all out is tempting.  Looking at prior year results, I think I have a shot to place in my AG if I race it.

LRB, thanks!  I've never had a LR where I've gotten that close to GMP, let alone get within 10 seconds of the pace the last 6 of 7 miles.  I didn't know I had that in me.  I could have pushed it harder but I wasn't racing today.  Seems like most LR's are done 60-90 seconds sower than MP, so I don't know what this effort says about where I am.  I guess I'll just stay the course.

Wife and I are headed to the movies tonight to the The Maze Runner.

<3

LRB

LRB, thanks!  I've never had a LR where I've gotten that close to GMP, let alone get within 10 seconds of the pace the last 6 of 7 miles.  I didn't know I had that in me.  I could have pushed it harder but I wasn't racing today.  Seems like most LR's are done 60-90 seconds sower than MP, so I don't know what this effort says about where I am.  I guess I'll just stay the course.

It may have been the way you ate this week, versus how you do not eat during race week...or maybe not.  But nutrition (specifically carbs) is definitely an important but sometimes overlooked aspect of running/racing.

Now go eat some shit up, shit is good for you.