Beginners and Beyond

FRIDAILIES: We're Lovin׳ It (Read 33 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

6.2 for me again.

Marjorie

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Today is mine and Gail's 29th wedding anniversary.  She was hawt when I met her and she looks even hotter now!  Like a fine wine, she ages well...I definitely married up!    We both have the day off from work, so after she gets back from her Hot Yoga class, we will be going out and about to do some stuff.

Went to one of the San Antonio Y's yesterday after work and from there I did a 3.3 mile loop out from the Y and back.  Beautiful weather, 70 degrees, sunshine, light wind.  I ran on the campus of Trinity University, one of the 5 local universities in San Antonio, and just before I started my last mile I encountered a few ladies from their cross-country team.  They asked how far I was going and I told them I was on my last mile.  They asked what my pace was and I said about 11-min miles, very slow.  They said that was PERFECT, they'd already done their 'main run' and were now doing a  'cool-down' so asked if they could 'pace" me to keep themselves from going faster.  Hey, fine with me!  So my last mile I got to enjoy the company of 4 lovely college ladies.   Nice finish!

After showering and changing, I headed over to the McNay, our local art museum, where the Packet Pickup Party was going on for my 5K on Sunday.  Got my packet and then enjoyed a beer and some of the food they had there (chicken wings, grilled hamburgers, fries, various pastries, tacos, etc) and they also had live music from a band there.  Nice time eating, drinking, enjoying the music, and chatting with some of my runner pals that were there also.  Good way to end the day after my run.

Rest day today, then two 5Ks tomorrow morning and one 5K on Sunday morning.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

happylily

No idea.  It's usually caused by a bony impingement (FAI), but at this point it doesn't seem like I have that.   So some sort of trauma that I inflicted upon myself.  It started after a 5K in July but I don't remember doing anything during the race, just that I was really in a world of hurt after.

And thanks all for the well wishes.  Smile

It's frustrating to not know what causes an injury... Are you allowed to run until the surgery or would that make things worse? And can you bike or swim or row (I love rowing) through this whole deal? Sorry if you mentioned it before and I missed it.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

DavePNW

Today is mine and Gail's 29th wedding anniversary. 

Happy Anniversary!

Dave

StepbyStep-SH

Oski - Sorry to hear that news. You might touch base with MadisonMandy - she is having surgery for that same thing next month, I think. It took her more than a year to find out what the problem was. I know that she has been back to running - though in pain - leading up to her surgery. Sending healing vibes to you!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

StepbyStep-SH

Happy anniversary to Scotty & Gail, and to Lily and Mr. Lily!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Basya, hope your 7 miles went well!  Pedicure before the marathon?  I'll leave that one for the ladies to answer.

Happy anniversary, Lily!  Enjoy the wining and dining, you deserve it!

Happy V-Day, Phil.  Glad you completed your 'obligation."   At least you have only one occasion.  For me today is V-Day, our wedding anniversary, and tomorrow is Gail's birthday!    And NO 'double-presents/cards" of course, there has to be one for each occasion.

Hope you can get your lunch-time run in, DaveP!   Get a Baboon kitty pedicure, that way you'll have plenty of time to squeeze it in.

Good luck with the intervals outoftheblue.  Wine sounds good...fish not so much.   Gail, being from Washington State, is appalled that I don't like either fish or seafood, lol.

WE LOVE YOU TOO, LRB! But...

Good luck with all that cooking, Zelanie!  Wait...robotics...you don't have a robot that can do the cooking?

Awww,...sweet of your little one to make a valentine for you, Step...and also very creative, using your secret candy stash, lol.  Hope your knee is feeling better than it was.

Congrats on your TM miles, Andrew....and I'm sure everyone around the TM was very impressed with your snot-rocket shootings as you got it all out..   Hope you wiped the floor around you after you were done!

Glad your legs seem to be feeling better, FreeSoul.  Good luck on Sunday!  Just take it easy, have fun with it.

Happy anniversary, Beth!  Nice roses!  Our 30th is next year. We will be going back to Hawaii, where it all started.  Dang, some weather you got there!  Stay warm and safe with the one you love!

Happy V-Day, jj!

(((Oski)))...sorry about the hip, hope you heal quickly!  Will you be able to do anything else?  Maybe pool run or swim, take walks, etc?  Hip injuries are not good, your hips are used for just about every physical thing you do.

A giant box of hot tamales?  Well, each to his own, enjoy  the treat Jack!    Wait...your nickname for your wife isn't "Hot Tamales" is it?  Jack..you dog!

jj:  LABRUM:  That liquid stuff in the keg that Rescue Labs take to trapped skiers and mountain climbers.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Just B.S.

So got the news that I have a torn hip labrum this morning and of course today I remembered to bring in all my running stuff to run at lunch.  I'm guessing I probably should hang up the shoes for now. 

However, this might mean that my toe nails will finally grow back and I can get a pedicure.

I am really glad you finally have an answer and can start moving forward with a plan.

Will run for scenery.

It's the cartilage that surrounds the ball-and-socket joint to keep the ball in the socket.  Sort of the "ridge" around the socket.

Oh, and my phone and tablet keep auto correcting it to labia.   So that's fun.

The ridge around the socket?  Ouch.  At least you and Mandy can be labia buddies.

Oops ...  Damn auto-correct !

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

DavePNW

7 miles outside at lunchtime.

Dave

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

7 miles outside at lunchtime.

Wow Dave, you've been running really strong lately. Do you have a marathon coming up?

- Andrew

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Happy Friday/Valentine's day everyone.

Scotty & Gail - Happy Anniversary!

happylily - Happy Anniversary to you and your beau as well!

((Oski)) - Sorry about your injury, but am glad you finally know what you're dealing with.

I ran 10 very hill miles today. I'll probably be feeling them tomorrow, but the sun came out and it was in the 40's so I'm pleased as I can be with that.

Hope everyone has a great day!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Happy Anniversary Scotty!

My new shoes just got delivered to my house, trying to get home so I can see them and I am so excited! Still not going to try and run until Sunday though.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Yugo18

6.5 recovery miles.  Smile  Nice day!

DavePNW

Wow Dave, you've been running really strong lately. Do you have a marathon coming up?

Thanks. Targeting one in April.

Dave