Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES (Read 43 times)

LRB

Hi.

A rain system is headed my way and although it is not big, its timing coincides with the start time and duration of my run, so off to the belt I go.

Wassup with you?

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I think I'll run a double today: 1.1 miles home from dropping my car off for service and repairs and 1.1 miles back to pick it up.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

From the Internet.

Practicing waking up early for AM runs again. Checked the weather at 6:30, laughed, got up for a leisurely breakfast instead. I'll do 3-4 at a recovery crawl at work sometime this morning when the temperature is 15 degrees warmer than it is here right now. I can't wait until getting out at 5 AM means roll out of bed, throw on bare minimum amount of clothing and shoes, and go.

workinprogress11

LRB-Happy treadmill!

wcrunner-That's my kind of double!

Lauren-Amen on the weather. I am so ready for shorts and a tank top.

SRD for me. Have a great day everyone!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have either 7 easy or 10 with tempo intervals.  I will decide tonight after work.  I am in court and after that, I get to spend 2 hours with people from Washington.  I predict the 10 will happen today.  Woke up with a migraine, yay.

Damaris

Hip Redux

I think spring has forsaken us.   It will be winter forever.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Some form of intervals after work. Probably hills. We get 1 day of spring followed by 3 of winter. Repeat.

Baboon

delicate flower

A rain system is headed my way and although it is not big, its timing coincides with the start time and duration of my run, so off to the belt I go.

Hey, same here!  We can be BUDDIES!  I actually want it to RAIN RAIN RAIN and wash away that snow.  For the first time since like forever, tonight's temps won't drop below freezing.  Hopefully that'll help with the snow melt.  I sure do miss the rail trail.

I hate when something new starts to hurt, and now it's my thigh.  Hopefully it'll settle down.  Only 40 minutes of running on today's schedule, and I'll take it slow and flat.  I've got a one hour tempo tomorrow though.

<3

Zelanie

wcrunner- Beast mode!

D- We are also spending the day with folks from Washington (state).  But we'll actually be in Washington.

Track went well last night.  We had to go do a weird track on campus because the HS track was being used.  It was an non-standard length (a bit over 500m), narrow, and had tight turns.  There were also no distances marked, although a guy there had figured out the distances for most intervals.  With that setup, there were no landmarks for every 200m to check off, and you really had to run it by effort.  So naturally, I went out too fast.  But overall, it was good to switch up how I run.

happylily

Good morning!

I will run, but I don't know how many miles. I know they will be slow. That I'm sure of... I'm boring.

Have a nice day!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

cjones1

6.5m easy this morning (in shorts..woohoo).  Supposed to rain tomorrow morning, so that should make the HMP run interesting.  Race is one month from today. Yikes!

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

AFM:  Ended up doing hills after all on Tuesday after work.  Went to a local park to do some trails.  Very sunny, 81 degrees.  After I started, one of the trails I wanted to do was closed for maintenance, so I had to divert onto another trail, which took me up a couple of fairly steep hills.  Felt pretty darn good the whole way though, ended up with 5K distance done.  Because of our weather, lots of others out in the park too, so I had l plenty of company.    Today, temp is going up to 84.   Sounds like a nice day to do a San Antonio Riverwalk run/walk after work.

What, LRB, you don't run in the rain?  Me either, if there is lightning. Other than that, rain runs are okay, as long as it's not that cold, icky rain that makes you really uncomfortable.  With our temps now in the 70s and 80s, I don't think we have to worry about cold rain now around here for a while.

Happy running, George!  Hope your car work goes okay.

Lauren, in my area, the temp is almost at that point now around here where early running will soon be a must.  5 a.m. this morning for us it was already 63 degrees here.  We are going to have a bit of a 'cool' front this weekend - on Saturday the morning low will be - GASP! - 45 degrees!  But then by the afternoon, up to 80. So I think our 'cold' weather is pretty much gone for the year now.

Enjoy your SRD, WIP!

2 hours with people from Washington is probably not gonna help your migraine, Damaris! If you did not already have one, they'd probably give you one!   Hope you feel better!

Oski, come visit San Antonio anytime....we'll clear up that winter feeling with a Riverwalk run followed by cold beverages on the patio post-run.

Good luck with your intervals, Half Crazy. Is this the 1 day of spring for you, so you can at least do them outside?

Sorry about the thigh, Baboon, hope that clears up quickly.  And may your temps now remain above freezing for you from this point on.  Happy Spring!

Zelanie, I'd love to have you come visit and take you out to our 'mile-around' track, I bet you would love that!   That mile-around track is on Fort Sam Houston.  And there is a 1.5 mile-around track on Lackland Air Force Base, you'd probably enjoy that too.   I think LRB wants to see those tracks too.  Maybe you can both come at the same time and we can have a mini-FE, lol.  I'll take you both out there and then drinks post-run on the Riverwalk.

Yah for shorts weather for you, cjones!  Good luck with your race training!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Good morning!

I will run, but I don't know how many miles. I know they will be slow. That I'm sure of... I'm boring.

Have a nice day!

Slow...yeah....right, Lily....that mean's you'd have to run MY pace...which actually IS slow;  YOU run slow?  Uh huh....

gif laughing dog photo: Laughing Dog laughingdog.gif

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

wcrunner- Beast mode!

lol

There were two "new" treadmills in my office gym this morning that are not new at all.  They came from another department and were thought to be an upgrade over the two we had but apparently, no one thought to ask someone who might know about these things.

Anyway, the fuckin safe key fell out of the stupid thing about 7 minutes into my run and shut the damn thing completely off, cool. Not. Really.

They are smaller and just weird, but other than the fact that they look like they came from the set of Buck Rogers in the 21st Century, they are awesome.

LRB

What, LRB, you don't run in the rain?

Yes, but the wind chill was 25, and it was windy and dark. It is just not smart to run in that so reluctantly, I did not.