Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES - Who's Frozen in Place? (Read 49 times)

LRB

You all getting out there for runs in sub-zero temperatures are brave! My coldest run was single digit temperatures.

The need to run has no rhyme nor reason, its force is strong and unpredictable though, causing one to do things once thought unfathomable.

LRB

LRB, have you seen the Benedict Cumberbatch BBC version of Sherlock?

I have not.  I have the BBC though so the next times it is on let me know and I will check it out.  Whenever I watch that channel it is to see Star Trek the Next Generation. 

Mmmmm...beer

Now that was a crappy run, no energy at all.  Managed 16 and ran out of daylight, with the amount of bear scat I saw out there, I wasn't staying for another four miles after dark.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Just B.S.

So we had a big thaw, yippee, NOT!!!!!!

33f, dark, sidewalks where they exist have inches of ice from the ice storm two weeks

ago that are now covered with water, driving rain, 20 mp/ hr winds......another treadmill

day, I am turning into such a wimp Smile

And overnight has a flash freeze warning because the temps are dropping 40 degrees

So everything should be a nice skating rink tomorrow. Maybe I will skate home the 15

Miles home from work.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I honestly don't know if I would ever set foot on trails alone if I lived in bear country....... or any kind of large animal like bear, moose, mountain lion, etc.... I'll happily stick with coyotes, white tails and the rare sightings of Bobcats.

Now that was a crappy run, no energy at all.  Managed 16 and ran out of daylight, with the amount of bear scat I saw out there, I wasn't staying for another four miles after dark.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

I honestly don't know if I would ever set foot on trails alone if I lived in bear country.......

+1

And running through them at that.  Hells to the naw!

HobbitLegs

elevenses

The Y was closed early. 

I worked from home and got a lot done for work and around the house, so the day wasn't a loss.

I'll get the run in tomorrow. I'm going to freeze my hobbit ass off at work. My office is over a breezeway and is cold on a normal day. I'll be cranking up my space heater tomorrow!

Hip Redux

We can't have hobbit asses freezing!  :P

45 minutes on the spin bike.

Shari, thank you for starting today's thread. Brava on the circuit workout.

kristin10185, amazing spinning session.

Lily, I hope that you've been enjoying your day.

Marjorie, how was Pilates?

DaveP MI, great timing of the SRD.

Phil, I hope that your TM run went well.

Damaris, low of 45F? Sweet L-rd, that's a perfect running temperature! EnjoySmile

MothAudio, excellent eight.

scottydawg, have a relaxing and refreshing rest day.

FreeSoul87, what are bicycle crunches?

Zelanie, I hope that you've been enjoying your RD.

Andrew, sweet six on the TM.

B-Plus, I hope that you had a pleasant post-work run.

Yugo8, fantastic five.

Dave, bears? Sixteen miles?!?

Beth, have a safe commute home.

Nicole, why was the Y closed early?

Oski, great spin workout.

I bombed tonight. Only a light breakfast+no lunch+no coffee since 7:30 a.m.=one measly TM mile at 6.8mph (8:49). I'm on my way home to eat a nice dinner and do ab work and push-ups. I'll eat something light before speedwork, take two, tomorrow morning. Weights, push-ups, ab work, and an easy run will be worked into my day after work tomorrow.

LRB

We beat the Broncos once and we're playing with house money so little pressure on us.

Meanwhile all the pressure in the world is on PM!  It would not shock me to see the Bolts play spoiler because goodness knows they stunk at being the favorite for years.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Basya, unfortunately, it will be 70F+ by the time I get home from work so I either wake up at 4am and sleep only 4 hours and run in that awesomeness or I will miss it.

So, my run went like this:

Miles 1-3 - hot and super humid (sauna)

Miles 4-5 - the same + windy (blower)

Mile 6 - more wind, just in case I didn't get it

Mile 7 - windy as fuck

Almost got blown over to the airport, but I was able to run home. Nice run, though.

Damaris

DavePNW

It would not shock me to see the Bolts play spoiler because they are not stuck with Norv Turner anymore.

FYP.

Dave

LRB

happylily

Basya, I think you did great with that run considering you had not eaten for so long! Great pace! I can't go without food very long, I need to eat every 2-3 hours or I get dizzy. I hope you got a good meal inside of you tonight. I meant to tell you that every time I see your name, I am reminded that you are running Jerusalem again in March and I get excited for you. I can't wait for your RR, please take lots of pics of the city for us! Lucky you!

So I ended up not going shopping because SO had to go out for business this afternoon (he works from his home office usually), and since we only have one car (sounds weird to people in general, but that's how we choose to save money), I had to stay home. I fell asleep on the couch after work (first day at work is hard! I had to hug all those kids. :-)). So no running also. No problem, I'll be better rested for my tempo run tomorrow. Now off for a late supper with DS.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Mmmmm...beer

Basya, yup, bears and 16 miles, luckily not together tho. Smile  The place where I do most of my long runs (it's where my avatar pic was taken) is an old section of highway that they turned into a biking/running "trail".  There's a fair amount of black bear activity out there, I've only seen one out there one time tho.  Judging by the number of piles I saw, it looks like they've been very active lately, didn't want to risk it, they're more active at dusk and dawn.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!