Beginners and Beyond

2013 in 2013 Team 5 - Auhugh!! Time to post miles for Week 2! (Read 398 times)

crazyrunninglady

Warrior Princess

Andy, uh, I hope no one had it on video, or else it would be up on Youtube by now.  And hope it's nothing serious.

DJ, good luck with the storm.

Kaitlin, hope you trip back in the US is a good one.

Oh my goodness, that just made me laugh.  Big grin

Andy, uh, I hope no one had it on video, or else it would be up on Youtube by now.  And hope it's nothing serious.

DJ, good luck with the storm.

Kaitlin, hope you trip back in the US is a good one.

Thanks man.  Yeah I'm sure it was hilarious and fit for some Fail vid, but at least my daughters coach said she didn't see it. She did say she heard it, however!

I'm fine, I got in 8 miles tonight.

Andy, I had the same problem at my trail race today.  I slipped on the asphalt and got a case of serious road rash before the race even started.  And this race was a muddy, hilly, rocky, rooty mess.  No falls during the race though.  That would have really hurt.  Didn't tear my running tights though, don't know how because its a deep gash.  Soaked them through with blood though.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

crazyrunninglady

Warrior Princess

Adds another example to list of why Lara who can trip over her own feet on flat grounds should never do a trail race...

Andy, I had the same problem at my trail race today.  I slipped on the asphalt and got a case of serious road rash before the race even started.  And this race was a muddy, hilly, rocky, rooty mess.  No falls during the race though.  That would have really hurt.  Didn't tear my running tights though, don't know how because its a deep gash.  Soaked them through with blood though.

Saw the pic. Your road rash was worse than my bleacher rash. Amazing how much those abrasions can sting LOL.  What is also amazing is how our skin can take such a beating and the running tights don't even get a nick.  Glad it was nothing more than a scrape for you.

It's Sunday.  Time for a long run?  Or a short run?  How about any run?  Let's get out there and get some miles.  Be well team.  Keep on keep'in on.

Trail Monster

I missed my 5 miler yesterday because I didn't feel well. Ran 12 today with 2600+ feet of elevation gain. Wish I could count the vertical in my total. Lowest week of the year so far for me. 28 miles.

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Sounds hilly Sara.

It's Monday.  Should be a rest day, but will head to the gym for some easy recovery stuff.  Knee is still bugging me, and don't necessarily need to push it with a race looming in 6 days.

Trail Monster

3.5 mile hill workout tonight. Another lighter week. Thinking it will end up around 45.

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Team what a great bunch of new inspiring post.  I love reading what some of you are doing to get your runs in.  Love it!

Banshee:  I did read your blog.  You are doing a nice job with that.  Someday we will meet and I can confirm that you are actually female and you will see that I am part bearcat.

Babboon - Is it sad that I mainly noticed that you were smiling before surgery and that you had running socks on after?  BTW - those running socks are way too clean.  Need to get those things dirty but I think you deserve a little break to heal up and all.

53 miles uncounted miles this week with a great 20 mile run on Saturday.  24 second per mile negative split.  Fantastic run.  Keep up the good work people and keep those stories coming.  I read them all and love reading them.

2014 Goals: (Yeah I suck)

• Sub 22  5K
                        • Sub 1:35 1/2 marathon 
                        • Sub 3:25:00 Marathon

BCR, nice week man.  I just noticed the last bullet point in your sig.  \m/

BCR, nice week man.  I just noticed the last bullet point in your sig.  \m/

Well I can't carry you guys but I can at least support you the best I can.

2014 Goals: (Yeah I suck)

• Sub 22  5K
                            • Sub 1:35 1/2 marathon 
                            • Sub 3:25:00 Marathon

This should be a good week, already have 15 easy miles in the log, and even though I have a race this weekend in Austin, TX, I'm training right through it.  This is not a goal race, other than to run another marathon in a new state, so it should just be a fun weekend.  Weather is looking perfect for the race, start temp about 32, high about 64, nearly ideal running conditions for me, so you never know though, ha.

BCR, sounds like a stellar week for ya.

Trail Monster

This should be a good week, already have 15 easy miles in the log, and even though I have a race this weekend in Austin, TX, I'm training right through it.  This is not a goal race, other than to run another marathon in a new state, so it should just be a fun weekend.  Weather is looking perfect for the race, start temp about 32, high about 64, nearly ideal running conditions for me, so you never know though, ha.

BCR, sounds like a stellar week for ya.

Wow! Sounds fun!

Nice week BCR (bear cat racer?)!

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop