Beginners and Beyond

Speak softly and carry a big DAILIES (Read 46 times)

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

I'm about to test and pick up a custom plan again.   - Based off Daniels...

20 or 24 week.  (if 24 I'll start a couple of weeks into it, nothing but base in the beginning anyway)

DW is going for the 10k one, should be an interesting plan for her.

I need to pick up Daniels and Hansons just to read some more.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

24 weeks is fucking long.

Damaris

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Yeah...  True dat.

not so bad since I intermix coach workouts but yeah...

LRB

That was my first thought when Dave said 18 weeks. lol

I did Daniels 24 week 5k plan which completely changed  who I was as a runner.  Marathom training is another story though, for my brittle ass anyway.

LRB

Yeah...  True dat.

not so bad since I intermix coach workouts but yeah...

The 24 week plan is in there for a reason, people use it with great success.

Hip Redux

So much running talk in the dailies today.  What is this, a running forum?  Where's the movie/weather/alcohol talk?

happylily

Yeah... enough talking about training plans. Running clothes for the summer is much more important. And because I'm always on top of things, I just ordered this outfit from Lulu. Of course, I'll only be able to wear it three weeks out of the year, but they will be three glorious weeks.  Oh and... 24 weeks for a marathon? That's insane... If I go back to running in the 80 mile range, I will keep it at 12 weeks. I've decided that that's all I need (before I get sick of the whole thing).

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

Where's the movie/weather/alcohol talk?

I am home alone tonight so will have all three of those covered in real life in no particular order.  Although I can hear the cork in that bottle of Merlot from yesterday easing out while I am sitting here at my desk so I might just have to start there.  : : drool : :

Hip Redux

Yeahhhhhh, that's not an outfit I could get away with.  More power to ya, Lil lol

PT today was pretty tough - still doing all pool work, so not exactly a "real" workout but more than I have been doing!  I had to step up onto this big step 30 times, which took me nearly out of the water entirely, and then back down.  Losing all buoyancy at the top of the step made me feel twice as heavy .   And this was after 3 minutes each of squats and lunges. 

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

oh hotness...

you'll have to model for us when you get that outfit lily.   

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

oh hotness...

you'll have to model for us when you get that outfit lily.   

Yes, please.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Good, bad, and ugly.

Good - 3.5 early morning miles today, easy pace.

Bad - Torn medial meniscus, right knee.

Ugly (or not) - arthroscopic surgery to deal with said torn meniscus scheduled for June 27.

Strange - doctor did NOT tell me to stop running, but simply repeated that if it hurts, don't do it.

Pretty much what I suspected. I thought it was a meniscus problem from the start, then talked myself out of it, then back into it. Finally, the MRI removed all doubt. Ortho and I looked at it together, which pleased me. My regular PCP probably wouldn't have shared the images with me.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Hip Redux

I'm glad you finally have an answer, Tom, even if it is sucky.   I know several people who had torn meniscus surgery recently, actually - all are back running and working out.   So keep the faith!

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Heck, Oski, I haven't stopped running (except for November and December of last year).  I'm doing quite a bit less though.

I wonder if I was premature in signing up for that half marathon next November......
                              (though I can fall back to the 5K if necessary - I know the race director)

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lily, I agree with Sly and Jack.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)