Beginners and Beyond

I got a new toy for Christmas (Read 129 times)

sheepla

I think I have to have one of these.  Does it sink with Running Ahead logs as seamlessly as Garmin?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I think I have to have one of these.  Does it sink with Running Ahead logs as seamlessly as Garmin?

No.  you would have to upload the FIT file into RA yourself.  Just like I have had to do with my Garmin ever since they uploaded to Garmin Express.  It's only a one step thing.

Damaris

sheepla

No.  you would have to upload the FIT file into RA yourself.  Just like I have had to do with my Garmin ever since they uploaded to Garmin Express.  It's only a one step thing.

Thanks. That's probably a deal killer for me.   My Garmin 610 still syncs fine with RA.

Hip Redux

Another feature tested - the treadmill function worked pretty spot on.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Thanks. That's probably a deal killer for me.   My Garmin 610 still syncs fine with RA.

My Garmin didn't.  eventually, you will be forced to upgrade to Garmin express and there goes you synching capability.

Oski, my TomTom was not accurate with my TM but I only ran on it once.  I need to try it again.  Glad to hear it works great.

Damaris

LRB

My Garmin didn't.  eventually, you will be forced to upgrade to Garmin express...

Says who? What if I just never log onto the Garmin connect site again?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Says who? What if I just never log onto the Garmin connect site again?

If you don't upload to Garmin Express right now, your watch will be unable to upload all the software upgrades there have been since they switched.  I know because that's why I had to switch my Garmins to GE.

Damaris

LRB

If you don't upload to Garmin Express right now, your watch will be unable to upload all the software upgrades there have been since they switched.  I know because that's why I had to switch my Garmins to GE.

I have not had a single upgrade on my watch since I got it (that I am aware of).

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I have not had a single upgrade on my watch since I got it (that I am aware of).

Because you didn't install Garmin Express!  You will not get any of the ones that have come down since Garmin Express was started (and it's been close to a year, so there are updates pending, I am sure).  That's what I meant.  The only way to find out is to go to Garmin and check.  And then, you won't be able to get any of the pending ones until you upgrade to GE.

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I want them to invent a watch that is a phone I can talk into - like Dick Tracy, lol - but that will also tell me how far I've gone (don't care about what pace I'm going, just how far I've gone) and also will have an 'alternating interval' option, like my Timex Ironman, where it will count down my 8 minutes run time, then BEEP, count down my 2-minute walk time, then BEEP, countdown my 8 minute run time, and so forth.  Not to mention also being a regular watch with time, date, etc.

I'm not asking for much to be put all in one watch, am I? 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt