Beginners and Beyond

Saturday Penguins Like To Feel The Earth Move Under Their Feet! (Read 184 times)

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." WinkIt can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Good Morning Penguins!

A lot going on - Goofy Marathons, Pocono retreats, and runs on an aircraft carrier!

So my wife surprised me with an awesome treat - dark chocolate sea salt caramels! Yesterday I was short on time so I just did 65 minutes on the bike trainer and recovered with my new chocolate treat and a beer!

Happy Weekend!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

N-Bug

Will run for beer.

WOW - where is everyone?!  I know Damaris rocked out the Goofy Half - way to go!

Gustav - good morning!!  Those caramels are the absolute best.  You're wife deserves flowers and dinner tonight!  he he

Jerry - I'm at 201 lbs right at the moment with another 21 to loose to meet my goal.  At my heaviest-pre-runner weight I had reached 264 lbs. The BMI charts recommend I between 120 and 150 lbs - I don't see that happening even at my fittest!   I want to hit 180 by half marathon time in May but wouldn't mind creeping down to 170.

AFM - I'm ready for my long run later with Mike - we're planning 12 miles.  Thanks for all the congrats on the weight loss, everyone.  I'm happy to get back out running regular!

Tori Runs in PA

Pittsburgh RN!

Happy Saturday!

Going to be quick here!!! I slept in until 8:30 today! That is unheard of for me! Yesterday, I had such a horrible sinus headache and sore throat! I needed the sleep!

Woke up at 8:30.....squeezed in 2 miles before my 10:00 skype study buddy date!!!

First test is Monday already!! Never a dull moment!!!

Later, Taters!

Do or do not, there is no try. 

My first races EVER! 

Saxonburg Distance Series 5KRaces: 

#1: 7-14-2012 Cross Country Crusade 5K: 42:50 

#2: 8-11-2012 Roebling's Run 5K: 38:54

#3: 9-8-2012 Festival of the Arts 5K: 36:37

N-Bug

Will run for beer.

Tori - good morning!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Happy Saturday!

Bored in the doctor's office waiting room so figured I would say hello and good luck to our racers. I have done no exercise yet today except foam rolling....and the mile I just had to walk uphill because the second subway train I was supposed to transfer to wasn't runnong

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

tracilynn

gustav, dark choc and sea salt caramels sounds like heaven.  I eat dark choc everyday.  I'm addicted. At least it's good for you although eating the whole bar isn't and I've done that a couple(hundred) times.  oops.

vance, good luck with your 12 later, mileage is getting up there. Great job!  I can't wait to be up in double digits.

tori, good job getting your 2 in this morn

kristin, let us know what your doc says and what kind of "tests" he does. I think all doctors have a different opinion on ITB stuff.

AFM, I will run something  today.  Not sure what.  My first run back yesterday was 2.5 and it was TOUGH.  I think I will shoot for 3.5. My schedule says 3 miles at 5k pace and there's no way I can do that right now.  Oh and it's 71 degrees here today dewpoint upper 60s!  wow!

have a great Saturday everyone

~~~~~~~

Traci

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Going for LR before winter returns tonight.  Hopefully better than yesterday's run.

Zelanie

Good morning!  LR later this afternoon.  I'd like to get between 9 and 11.  Unfortunately it is COLD outside and I don't know if I'm brave enough. to run outside  There was a guy running down the middle of the road on the frozen fog yesterday morning as I slid around just trying to walk the dogs.  I mentioned it to my husband who said, "yeah, you runners are crazy!"  In the mean time, I am sure to be pretty busy at my Weight Watchers meeting since it is January.

Looks like Damarais has finished her HM today!  Good luck to you and T-rod tomorrow!  I hope that Scotty is having a good run as well!

Gustav- Dark chocolate sea salt caramels?  Oh my!  I love that combo.

Vance- Good luck on your run!  Is Mike your son?  That's great that he's up to 12 miles already.

Tori- Nice job getting up in time to get some miles in!

Kristin- Hope you're getting good news at the Doc!

Traci- What kind of plan do you have that is asking you to run 3 miles at 5K pace?  Yikes!  I don't know very many people who could pull that off outside of a race setting.

Zelanie

Jerry- Wishing you a good run!

Tori Runs in PA

Pittsburgh RN!

I ran today in capri's and a long sleeve t-shirt!!! It was GLORIOUS!

Good luck for your LR!

Going for LR before winter returns tonight.  Hopefully better than yesterday's run.

Do or do not, there is no try. 

My first races EVER! 

Saxonburg Distance Series 5KRaces: 

#1: 7-14-2012 Cross Country Crusade 5K: 42:50 

#2: 8-11-2012 Roebling's Run 5K: 38:54

#3: 9-8-2012 Festival of the Arts 5K: 36:37

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I think my doctor hates runners. I told him about my knee. Said it sounds like ITBS. Felt my knees said he didn't feel anything indicating a different knee problem. Told me running was horrible for my body and that I should stop now and never run again. No one should run, ever. I told him I wanted to keep running. He said if I was stupid enough to do that and I kept having issues then I should see an orthopedic doctor.He agreed to write a referral and then huffed out and slammed the door. Thanks.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Jen2011

Good morning!  I feel horribly behind because I have to go back and catch up on several days of posts.  Hope everyone who was sick is feeling better and those of you who are racing this weekend have a great time!

Just got back from 4 rainy miles.  Decided to stick with my plan, and keep my LR tomorrow, no matter what the weather holds.  I can't change the weather on race day!

Hope to be back later for some personals!

Jen

Upcoming races:

Covenant Health Knoxville 5K 4/7/13 (and cheering on DH for his 1st Marathon!!)

Rock and Roll Chicago Half Marathon 7/21/13

Tower of Terror Ten Miler 10/5/13

tracilynn

Traci- What kind of plan do you have that is asking you to run 3 miles at 5K pace?  Yikes!  I don't know very many people who could pull that off outside of a race setting.

yes, you are right!  I went back and read what "race pace" meant.  I ASSumed 5K but it's HM race pace.  Yeah much easier.  I may try that.  thanks Big grin

~~~~~~~

Traci

tracilynn

yes kristin,  get his referral and then tell him to kiss your azz on the way out, as you are running & jogging in place just to pizz him off moreJoking

~~~~~~~

Traci