Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #29 (Read 29 times)

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

9.3 miles with 2 warm-up, 4 at near MP and 3+ warm-down.  Felt sluggish to start but tempo went surprisingly well. The continued mild winter weather (27 degrees, no snow, little wind) sure makes it easier!

Happy hump day!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nice workout!

I have the much delayed 8 with hill sprints.

Damaris

Cyberic

need to go to the track at lunch and do a workout, because if I don't start soon (like now) I'm going to have to pass on a spring marathon.

bluerun

Super B****

5.5 miles. Weird how while I'm running what is supposed to be an easy run, I think my HR is getting too high, and then after the fact I look and it ... wasn't. It's a little frightening that I'm so bad at sensing these things.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

delicate flower

5 easy miles done before work.  Bike workout tonight.  Coach has been working me hard on the bike lately.

I have started my pre-vacation hydration.  I'll be spending a week at 10,000'+ elevation, so extra hydration is needed.  I don't understand the science behind that, but it seems to help.

<3

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I have started my pre-vacation hydration.  I'll be spending a week at 10,000'+ elevation, so extra hydration is needed.  I don't understand the science behind that, but it seems to help.

The air is much drier at higher elevations so you're losing a lot more water through evaporation.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

RunningOnSand

5.5 miles. Weird how while I'm running what is supposed to be an easy run, I think my HR is getting too high, and then after the fact I look and it ... wasn't. It's a little frightening that I'm so bad at sensing these things.

My watch sometimes is off (although usually when it doesn't read things accurately, it locks into my cadence...except for one 15k I ran, starting out at a high effort, and it recorded my HR at 110 bpm ).

Rest day, 30mins gutter walk.  My latest [ probably delusional] belief is that I’ve been too aggressive trying to fix my weak right ham; by trying to run most days I was making it  perpetually irritated... sooo yesterday was 12, off today, Thur run, off Friday, Saturday run.... Run on my off days from work

RunningOnSand

5 easy miles done before work.  Bike workout tonight.  Coach has been working me hard on the bike lately.

Isn't that the truth?! I once didn't do that, when I was in my mid-twenties on a work/fun vacation at Beaver Creek, and boy did I pay for it (and we were only at like 8k ft elevation...10k would scare me, haha!).

RunningOnSand

The air is much drier at higher elevations so you're losing a lot more water through evaporation.

Ah, makes sense!

RunningOnSand

Rest day, 30mins gutter walk.  My latest [ probably delusional] belief is that I’ve been too aggressive trying to fix my weak right ham; by trying to run most days I was making it  perpetually irritated... sooo yesterday was 12, off today, Thur run, off Friday, Saturday run.... Run on my off days from work

Kind of makes sense? My PTs have told me, when rehabbing from an aggravated Achilles, to not run everyday. I do know some people who run through things (depending on the severity, of course), but that just affirms that everybody's bodies have different needs, and you need to do what works for you.

onemile

need to go to the track at lunch and do a workout, because if I don't start soon (like now) I'm going to have to pass on a spring marathon.

which marathon would you run?

Cyberic

It would be the one I ran last Spring (3:00 flat). The course has changed a bit this year, but it's in the same town, so essentially the same thing. It's on the south shore of Montreal, about a 20 minute drive from my place. It's on May 17th. I would either get a $20 discount on the race, or get a free entry.  If I want to race a spring marathon, that would most probably be the one.

There is also Ottawa available, which is a big marathon, and arguably the best in Canada from an organization stand point. But that is a 2 hour drive away from my place, would require a night at the hotel... I've never run it. I like local. Still not completely out of the question, yet.

Half Crazy K 2.0

He doesn't choose, we do.

From the Internet.

Still alive! Still not running! Foot improved dramatically and then just like, stopped, so I'm still waiting. It's only been a week so whatever. PT or massage or something might be up next. In the meantime I'm still knitting and playing guitar and writing bad song lyrics and will probably go pool run tomorrow.

<3!