Beginners and Beyond

Penguin SATurdaily - Bye Bye May... (Read 18 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have the 8 TM miles I switched with today's as I did 10 with hubby last night.

Damaris

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good Morning !!!   Looks like perfect running weather.  Just have to decide where to run our 5 miles this morning.

Have a great day !!!!   

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Hi Docket.  Have fun on the TM.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I'm in Buffalo. Running the Niagara Falls Women's Half tomorrow. I think I have bronchitis though so that's fun.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

That sounds like a very wet HM, Kristin.  Have a great race and take care of the brochitis.

Zelanie

Morning!  I am heading out in a bit to do the Girls on the Run 5K with a girl from my school.  Then I'm going to work some more on the cake.  Scotty, luckily for everyone involved I hit the jackpot in the MIL department, we get along really well and I really look up to her.

Jerry- Hope you pick a great spot for today's run!

D- Have a good run today!

kristin- Yikes!  Hope you are able to enjoy the race even so!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Feel better, Kristin, and good luck!

Z, enjoy the 5K.

Jerry, have a nice 5.

Damaris

From the Internet.

Morning! Husband is on a man-weekend in VT so I'm home with the kid and today is an SRD. Finishing my first cup of coffee and then catching up on laundry/dishes/general cleaning. Hanging out at my parents' house and running with my sister tomorrow Big grin She's been running more or less since high school, our easy pace is very similar at the moment and somehow we've never run together before. We're both generally super busy so I'm looking forward to very rare bonding time Smile

Ha, I personal-ed most of you in the other thread. Enjoy your 5 miles Jerry!

Zelanie

Lauren- Have a good run with your sister!  Sounds like fun!  My sister was always the runner in the family, hopefully we will get  chance to run together at some point.

Anybody remember J Drumm?  He is running the Newport Marathon today, and I'm stalking.  Looks like he went out a bit fast, must be feeling good, but hope he can settle down a bit now. Smile

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Go, J. Drumm!

Damaris

Brilliant

Good morning!  I woke up at 4:45, ugh. Not intentional.  So at least I got my 6.2 done in the nice cool air...and very few cars on my route at 6AM!

Kristin, bummer on the bronchitis.  Take it easy.

Zelanie, hope you had a great 5K.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

Zel: is that the Newport by you?

jerry: see you tomorrow for game 7. Smile

Brilliant: not sure if you saw yesterday but my wife grew up down in oc. There are lots of races in Irvine so let me know if you ever want to run. You are not far from us.

5 miles done with a nice little uphill push. It's nice when the legs come back. Today we are fence shopping and a grad party tonight. Free beer and food are nice but spending time with some cool people is even better.

hog4life

The Spring NOBO finished this morning. I paced a young lady to her PR of 27:34, her goal was 27:00, so she did very well. It is very rewarding to be able to help someone like this. If you ever have the chance, you should try it.

I ended the morning with 9 miles,  which gives me a monthly best of 180 and change. I'm thinking about an evening run, but Ishould probably ride the bike since I have the Bike MS ride of 45 mmiles next weekend.

Kristin I hope you feel better soon.

Lauren yey for running with sis.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Walked after 4.6.  Maybe tired from Thursday's LR.  It's getting warm here, so we took the bike path for shade.  Stayed on the section with a gravel shoulder so we can avoid the bikers who give you no passing warning.

Should be a good game tomorrow, Jack (and Brilliant).  Is there a beer at stake?