Beginners and Beyond

Tell us an interesting (NRR) fact about yourself! (Read 188 times)

One thing has nothing to do with the other.  I never feel nervous on stage.

i threw the piano deal in there because you had mentioned that in one of these threads before.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

tinman11

I don't know which one is most impressive but they're all true.

I learned to water ski at age 6.

I've never seen Star Wars.

I'm an avid whitewater paddler.  I can roll a whitewater canoe just like a kayak.

Sloooow.

Not an interesting fact but I am very shy in person.

And I am not kidding.

I never would have guessed that! I'm diagnosed with Avoidant Personality Disorder and I'm incredibly shy in person.

I sometimes wonder if I have a touch of OCD, as I obsessively write lists. I am chronically unorganised though.

That's my girl. I'll be eating mofongo all weekend for you.

That's one of the most thoughtful things anyone has ever done for me.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Don't worry, I'll sacrifice.  That's what friends are for.

Now if you go to my albums in FB and find the 2013 Disney Goofy, I have a little photo there that will make you drool (that was my lunch on Saturday between the two races).

That's one of the most thoughtful things anyone has ever done for me.

Damaris

Philliefan33

I'm an avid whitewater paddler.  I can roll a whitewater canoe just like a kayak.

I'm impressed.

Just B.S.

Cool! I kayak but have never learned (probably because I have never tried) to roll a kayak let

alone a canoe. We have some pretty dangerous white water here and I always think those guys

that go thru in those little kayaks are nuts!LOL

You might be interested in this......hubby designed this and built himself from scratch from 1/4 inch

cedar strips. Took 2 winter in the basement but she gets a lot of attention on the water. I didn't want

to wait 2 years for my kayak so I bought and Old Town.

tinman11

Cool! I kayak but have never learned (probably because I have never tried) to roll a kayak let

alone a canoe. We have some pretty dangerous white water here and I always think those guys

that go thru in those little kayaks are nuts!LOL

You might be interested in this......hubby designed this and built himself from scratch from 1/4 inch

cedar strips. Took 2 winter in the basement but she gets a lot of attention on the water. I didn't want

to wait 2 years for my kayak so I bought and Old Town.

Wow!  That is a beautiful boat.  That's very impressive.  I know he must be very proud of that.  He's talented for sure.

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

I've always wanted to try kayaking, but I'm afraid of capsizing the damn thing.

Just B.S.

I've always wanted to try kayaking, but I'm afraid of capsizing the damn thing.

That's what the personal flotation device is for.Big grin I can't roll one but I do practice taking off the

cover quickly and having an exit strategy..

Having said that I don't ocean kayak but our river is very wide and deep (the photo is in a protected cove)

and I've been caught a few times in pretty rough water and big swells. I was happy as hell to get to land

but I didn't capsize. I always figure as long as I can see land I can swim there.

Buelligan

I've never seen Star Wars.

I've never seen any of the Batman movies, which is odd because I was a big fan of the comic book.

bobruns

I come from an enourmous family.  My dad had 12 siblings and my mom had 13.  I have more cousins than I can count!

Nevrgivup

I'm a loner and an introvert and it doesn't bother me. I find comfort in running alone, but occasionally will run with a friend.Unless I'm in a race, I don't like running with more than two other runners. I'm more social online than IRL.

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Yep, probably best not to put a dollar value on the wife lol.

Well, I know my wife is worth at least more than 5 camels!  No way I was going to trade her to that Turkish gentleman for that!  Wink

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

happylily

I'm a loner and an introvert and it doesn't bother me. I find comfort in running alone, but occasionally will run with a friend.Unless I'm in a race, I don't like running with more than two other runners. I'm more social online than IRL.

That was me as well, and still is to a certain extent. And like Damaris, I'm very shy. But I've gotten better about it in the last few years. Mainly because as I'm getting older, I just don't care anymore what people think of me. Which is not always a good thing, but it sure feels good to me.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010