Beginners and Beyond

It's the Humpdailies (Read 42 times)

Morning, people.

Glorious SRD. How I have been waiting for this.

Have a good one.

Dave

Cyberic

Hola Dailies!

8ish easy miles this evening.

B-Plus, I made an experiment last year and bought shoes at runningwarehouse.com and had them shipped to Canada. Here's a post describing my experience

And the "big online sale" I was describing in yesterday's dailies was misleading. That's what I remembered of my purchase, but after your post, I remembered that it was just some end of the line models liquidation. I bought them at runningroom.ca  The Wave Riders 16 were on sale. I had 60 bucks to spend if I wanted to benefit from the free shipping so I went in the menu for men's running shoes, and sorted them to have the cheapest come out first, and that's where I saw the Adidas at 60$

This morning the Asics Gel-Lyte 33 2 are 80$. The Saucony Powergrid Ride 6 are 90$

There was a problem with my  shipping address so I had to call to clarify some aspect. The people I talked to were very friendly, with a will to help. I will definitely buy from runningroom.ca again.

delicate flower

Happy Humpday, humperoos!  I have run twice since I Iast posted.  What follows next is the executive summary of those runs:

Last night:  7 miles in summer weather.  7:56 pace.  A pretty light effort.  Almost 90 degrees, but nice and dry.

This morning:  7 miles.  I went out hoping to run them at GMP, but I had to abandon those plans two miles into the run.  Still lingering fatigue from Sunday's 10K, plus the morning air was pretty thick (I was dripping at the end of the run).  Still averaged 7:45 pace for the run, so it was a solid workout.  

Up next:  Pulling double duty today.  Shooting for 5-6 shakeout miles after work.

Speaking of shoes, I am pushing 400 miles on my Adidas Adios 2's.  I am not used to that.  With the New Balance 1400's I had been using, I was happy to get 200 miles out of a pair before I had to scrap them.  Not to mention the Adios are much easier on my joints.  I think I have found my new go-to shoe.  They might cost twice as much, but I'm getting twice the mileage.

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Morning everybody,

Dave what is SRD? I know I saw the "definition" a while back but I've forgotten damn it and I am too lazy to go look.

I am so excited that I will be buying a new pair of shoes just before the Indy Monumental Marathon, I've been fighting urges to buy a new pair this summer which is why I gave in to buying a new garmin (which by the way so far I am in love with this 220).

Isn't it amazing how easy it is to get dressed before a summer run, and then how freaking awful and hard it is to get out of those nasty, sweat drenched things?

This morning for me was 76 degrees, 89% humidity and a dew point of 72 but I said fuck it and decided I was going to push for a progression/tempo or fartlek type of run with my 9 miler. I am pretty pleased with the results - 9 miles in 1:22:57 with an average pace of 9:13 min/mile, I'll even show my splits as that is how happy I am (and because I really have nothing better to do  Wink

Mile 1 - 11:00

Mile 2 - 9:38

Mile 3 - 9:31

Mile 4 - 9:27

Mile 5 - 8:55

Mile 6 - 8:57

Mile 7 - 8:27

Mile 8 - 8:51

Mile 9 - 8:10

Not bad for me, considering the weather 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

8 done.  Be back to play later. ..

FS, you really don't know what SRD & URD is after all this time you have posted in the dailies or are you just foolin?

Cyberic

Speaking of shoes, I am pushing 400 miles on my Adidas Adios 2's.  I am not used to that.  With the New Balance 1400's I had been using, I was happy to get 200 miles out of a pair before I had to scrap them.  Not to mention the Adios are much easier on my joints.  I think I have found my new go-to shoe.  They might cost twice as much, but I'm getting twice the mileage.

I'm nearing 600 miles on both my pairs of Mizuno Wave Riders 16, but there's one pair I won't be running in anymore before my half. One of my legs hurt some after some runs lately and I suspect it's one of the Mizunos. I'll try them again after the race and decide if their days are done. Also got 500-600 miles on 2 pairs of Asics Gel Cumulus that are now retired.

I've said it before, but I really don't like the speed at which my NB are wearing out. Although even if the outer sole is badly worn out, I'm still running in them. But they are also a suspect for my leg incomfort. If I retire them now, they will be the worse buy (miles vs price) in my running life.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 5 miles and heavy weights tonight.  Will do them on the TM to rest my lungs.

Dave, enjoy the rest.

Cyberic, enjoy the 8 tonight.

Baboon, nice job on the hot run.  That weather better leave before I get there.

Andrea, Scheduled Rest Day, hello?  Nice job.

LRB, nice 8.

Have a great day!

Damaris

LRB

Andrea, Scheduled Rest Day, hello?

lol

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Baboon: thanks for the tip on the shoes. I am going to look into those.

DaveP: isn't it nice when you look forward to a SRD like that? That usually means you have some good mpw going on.

I will try for a few miles tonight, probably at sundown. It is too damn hot here, still close to 100. Bleh...

happylily

Hanson rest day for me, so 8 miles at recovery pace after work. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

Just a quick checkin, did 7 yesterday, and 8 this morning.

Have a good one! Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Quote from LRB on 8/26/2014 at 7:43 PM:

A month from now most of us will be wearing arm sleeves for our morning runs which will also be pitch black dark.  Sorry D, Scotty and Moon.

And in the winter, we will have pleasant 55 and 60 degree temps while you 'real winter' folks are freezing your asses off. 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

8 done.  Be back to play later. ..

FS, you really don't know what SRD & URD is after all this time you have posted in the dailies or are you just foolin?

I am seriously having a brain fart dang it.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Morning!  I have 5 miles and heavy weights tonight.  Will do them on the TM to rest my lungs.

Dave, enjoy the rest.

Cyberic, enjoy the 8 tonight.

Baboon, nice job on the hot run.  That weather better leave before I get there.

Andrea, Scheduled Rest Day, hello?  Nice job.

LRB, nice 8.

Have a great day!

I knew rest was part of it 

PRs

delicate flower

I'm nearing 600 miles on both my pairs of Mizuno Wave Riders 16, but there's one pair I won't be running in anymore before my half. One of my legs hurt some after some runs lately and I suspect it's one of the Mizunos. I'll try them again after the race and decide if their days are done. Also got 500-600 miles on 2 pairs of Asics Gel Cumulus that are now retired.

I've said it before, but I really don't like the speed at which my NB are wearing out. Although even if the outer sole is badly worn out, I'm still running in them. But they are also a suspect for my leg incomfort. If I retire them now, they will be the worse buy (miles vs price) in my running life.

I tried a pair of Wave Rider 16's.  Something about those shoes were uncomfortable on my feet.  There are a couple of irritating pressure points.  I put about 300 miles on a pair and there is still plenty of life in them, but they've been relegated to beater status now.  Definitely a solid shoe though.  The NB 1400's were the first racing flat I used and I figured all racing shoes wore out early (I was wrong).  I tried the Adios 2 just to try something different.  I didn't expect to like them so much.  I wonder how long this pair will last me.  They are still going strong.

<3