Beginners and Beyond

Shhh, SUNDAILIES, You'll Wake Up the... (Read 55 times)

Cool WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD Cool 

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners (from injury, to running, to RA). We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay awhile (not literally!) And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

Good morning, people.

I'll head to the TM in about an hour and a half for a ten-mile LR.

LRB

What up doe!

Long run on tap for me as well and with a current temp of 22 degrees, it is already warmer now than it has been for any of my runs the past few weeks.  Hell, I may even get to enjoy it for a change, imagine that.

That will be in a while though, right now, I am just enjoying the peace and serenity of Sunday morning.  Coffee will be brewing soon...

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning, Basya and LRB!

I'm running 10 at some point today. It's cold right now (13... yeesh) but the high is 37 so I'll probably do it in the afternoon which is something I NEVER do. I can't resist the urge to wear capris instead of lined tights.

Methinks a rest day is in order, after 15 mile LR last night.

Dave

Robert31320

Team TJ

Good morning.

Rest day or me.

Running for TJ because he can't.

Feeling a bit sore from skiing yesterday....had a cople good falls. 5 mile long run for me today ts cold and raining so ill be on the treadmill.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

delicate flower

Happy Happy Sunday, kiddos!  More sitting on my ass and watching TV today!  Yesterday's movie choices were The Blues Brothers (always delivers) and Battleship (lol wtf).

I'll start my first of today's three PT sessions in about an hour...as soon as that pain pill kicks in.  Each session takes about 30 minutes.  I so badly wanted to sleep on my side last night but I am not allowed to with the immobilizer on my leg.  Meh.

Enjoy your Sunday in whatever way you see fit!

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  My LR last until Mile 11.  Very good run but the sun was too brutal to continue.  I'll doubled and do something else tonight.

I am already running in just a bra, that's how bad it was.

Damaris

Rick, enjoy your LR.

AprilRunner, have a great ten.

DaveP MI, enjoy your well-earned rest day.

Robert, have a wonderful rest day.

Scott, have an amazing five-miler.

Baboon, I hope that PT goes well.

Damaris, that sounds brutal.

I decided to end my run at 4.90 miles after only 52:00 and log it as an easy run. I just want to crawl back under the covers. I'm going to rest for about two hours, then, head to the Y.

Zelanie

Good morning, dailies!

Headed to the gym with my DD in a bit, then we need to shop for dresses for a wedding we're going to, then it's time to do my 6.25 easy to finish out the week.  Hoping this is my last week below 40 before my HM taper!

Basya- Hope you're feeling better after a nap!

LRB- Hope that you have a great LR!

April- Hooray for above-freezing temps!

Dave- Enjoy the RD!

Robert- Lotsa resting today!  Have fun!

Scott- Hope the TM miles go quickly!

Phil- Good luck with the Personal Torture sessions!  BTW, "delicate flower" is our nickname for our dog Zoe who also tore her ACL!  She is a delicate sort.  She is even registered as "Zochitl" which pretty much means the same thing.

D- Hoping for some cooler temps for you next weekend!

Zelanie, have great workouts and enjoy your time with DD.

I just realized something...No work on Friday! If tomorrow doesn't work, I'll be able to do my LR thenSmile

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Morning.

Just got back from the gym. 22 minutes on the elliptical, 1.75 miles on the dreadmill.

Now off to meet my mom for lunch for her birthday in Manhattan, then a matinee of the Broadway show Once!

Have a great day!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

kristin10185, wonderful workout. I'm happy that you were able to run.

My nap refreshed me a bit. I'll head to the Y in about an hour.

Ball of Fury

Happy Sunday Dailies!  Hope you are all having a great weekend!  Enjoy your runs, workouts, rest days, and personal torture sessions!  I had a fantastic long run today...well, if you count 8 miles as a long run but hey, we are training for a half not a full here!  Hanson says to do long runs at "moderately easy pace" and that is exactly what today felt like.  After a warm-up mile (9:44), the next 5 miles were all around 8:40-8:45, then mile 7 was 8:23 (whoops...but it was flat so felt really easy) and then a did a cool-down mile at 9:04 for an overall pace of 8:54/mile. After week 1, I am really enjoying this Hanson training plan.  I feel strong and even though some of the workouts are hard, it is nice that every run serves a purpose.  Before, I sometimes felt like I was just running, with no real goal but now I have a goal for every single run and it feels great!  Let's just hope I can keep it up!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15