Beginners and Beyond

There's a first time for everything THURSDAILIES (Read 43 times)

outoftheblue

Woke up at 2:30 a.m. and tossed and turned for awhile before deciding to just get up and start the day early.   Bonus is that I finally got to start a Dailies thread!

A few easy miles on tap for me.

Life is good.

LRB

Love it!

Today is payday and it could not have come any sooner as my funds were in the red there for a bit.  Now fully replenished, it is my duty to make my creditors happy, make my family happy, then hope there is enough left over to make me happy!

Up first though is an easy run where I shall enjoy the great outdoors while daydreaming about my next running accomplishment.

Peace!

Good morning, everyone.

outoftheblue, thank you for starting today's thread. Enjoy your easy run.

Rick, have fun outdoors for me, too, while you're at it.

I've been awake for about twenty-four hours. Why? Just asbIbwas drifting into dreamland last night, I received an unexpected call from someone from whom I hadn't heard in more than a decade. Before I knew it, three hours had passed. I was too happily surprised to even attempt sleeping, so, I did housework. I was done with everything before 4:00 a.m..

I'm on my way to the gym to do thirty minutes on the TM at 6.7mph (8:57). Hopefully, I won't doze off and make a donkey's posterior of myself.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I think I've been out pounding the roads around 2 AM a time or two, but it is rare Smile

Rocky and I got 3 easy miles out on the roads this morning, nothing exciting.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

happylily

Oatmeal, coffee, get dressed, then blow balloons and hang a pinata for Flavie's 5th birthday. Then coffee and more coffee, and maybe some cake at some point during the day. Then a short run, or no run at all. We'll see.

Have a nice day! It's sunny again here. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Aww, Lily, that sounds like fun! Have a wonderful day. Happy Birthday to Flavie!

Eff the gym. I'm going back to bed for an hour.

Good morning, dailies:

OOTB - hope you can sleep better tonight

Rick - good day to be outside

Basya - rest up

Free - good 3

Lily - coffee, cake, and sun, excellent

3.87 done watching the sunrise.  Lots of traffic out there this early, guessing there must be a 6:00 shift somewhere down in town.  More later!

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!

Thanks for staring the thread OOTB!  I hate it when I wake up early and can't get back to sleep.

Have a great run Rick!

Basya, I don't blame you, I would have gone to bed too! Smile

Nice run Andrea!

Sounds like fun lily, Happy Birthday Flavie!

Nice job getting out there early Jay, it's nice catching the sunrise.

AFM, 7 miles done bright and early (can you still say bright and early if it's dark out?).

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

delicate flower

Good morning now!  Looks like it'll be the last nice day for a while....rain rain rain in the forecast for the next few days.  With this string of nice weather we've had lately, I ain't complaining.  8 easy miles planned after work, then a good TV night between NBA and NHL playoffs and the NFL draft.

ootb, sorry you couldn't sleep.  I hate it when that happens.

Basya, you are going to crash soon.  Big grin  Hope you can hang in there!

Hello to the rest of you nuts.  And Happy Birthday to Flavie.  YEAAAAAAH, BOOOOOOIIII!

<3

Morning all.

OOTB, I get that a lot, it sucks; 2:30 is exactly the time it usually happens for me.

Jay, congrats on the morning run!

Way yo get up & at 'em everyone else.

So I thought I would try out a few new faster tempo miles, with 3 easy warmup & 1 cooldown. For reference my tempo miles during my maratho training were done at 7:48.

The splits: 9:41, 9:11, 8:57, 7:23, 7:13, 7:06, 8:57.

Ended up much faster than planned, but as a wise man once said, long before he became a Scientologist: sometimes you just gotta say what the f*ck.

Have a great day everyone.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

His teeth are just disgusting........ oatmeal sounds good right now, coffee sounds even better.

Jay why 3.87? :P

Dtothe2nd you can say early, not sure about bright.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Well, I am definitely going to get wet on my run/walk today after work because San Antonio has a 70% chance of showers today and I just refuse to run on a treadmill or indoor track, so it is outdoors for me today with a planned 3 - 4 miles.  At least we are very warm here - in the 80s today - so it will be a nice refreshing rain I'll be out in.    Last night Gail and I went to the Y after work and I got my weight-training circuit done while she got trained by the "Wellness Coach" at the Y to do the weights she needs to do to help her reach her specific goals.   They also gave her a weigh-in and she was all freaked out because she is 125 lbs...and now thinks she's 'fat'...ummm, please!  Y'all have seen her photos, she is definitely not fat.  I told her all that yoga she is doing she has probably put on a bit more lean muscle which weighs more than fat.  But in the case of 'fat', will a wife listen to a husband?  Of course not!    So she's shooting to get down to 115 - 118.    As if she does not look great already, she is very toned with all that yoga.

Sorry about the tossing and turning, outoftheblue, but thanks for starting us off.  Two of my cats woke me up at 3 a.m.  They were 'arguing' over who was going to get to sleep on the pillow at the bottom of the bed, lol.

Payday, LRB!  Or what I call "mother's day"....since each payday you have to pay this mother, pay that mother.....  Hope you have enough left over to make you happy!

Dang, Basya, you are one lady with a lot of stamina!   Hope your run went well and you didn't doze off on the TM and go flying off the back, with someone videoing you so you'll end up on youtube.  Oh, wait, I just got farther down the page....ok...don't fall out of bed.

Congrats on your non-exciting run, FreeSoul...no turkeys, etc.  Just finished oatmeal for breakfast, it was good. I'll pass on the coffee though.  Coffee....blech!

Happy Birthday to Flavie, Lily!  I'm assuming that's one of your relatives and not the name of a pair of your favorite running shoes or something.

Well, if you're wide awake early and your mind is bright and sharp at that time, Dave, I guess that could be bright-and-early.   Congrats on your miles!

Good luck with the 8 miles, Baboon.  Yeah, been watching the San Antonio Spurs, they did well against Portland the first game, but the Blazers ain't no slouches, this will probably be a tough series.   Hope the spurs do well tonite.  And, of course, Charles Barkley annoyed all of San Antonio yet one more time with his comments about the city.    It's kinda funny now, all the 'social media comments'  about it flying all around now from lots of folks down here. good lord....move on people...this ain't nothing new from Barkley, he's made  these pretty much the same comments before about San Antonio...the guy needs some new material.

Nice running, DaveP!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  8 miles done.  It was so humid, my breathing sounded like an accordion, which is why morning running sucks.

Pilates later.

Damaris

delicate flower

Good luck with the 8 miles, Baboon.  Yeah, been watching the San Antonio Spurs, they did well against Portland the first game, but the Blazers ain't no slouches, this will probably be a tough series.   Hope the spurs do well tonite.  And, of course, Charles Barkley annoyed all of San Antonio yet one more time with his comments about the city.    It's kinda funny now, all the 'social media comments'  about it flying all around now from lots of folks down here. good lord....move on people...this ain't nothing new from Barkley, he's made  these pretty much the same comments before about San Antonio...the guy needs some new material.

Portland is good but I have no doubt San Antonio will take that series.  I find all four series real interesting, though I really wish I could actually see some of the Clippers/Thunder series.  A couple of real heavyweight teams right there.  Those games start at 10:30 though and I am fast alseep by then.  I don't have a favorite NBA team...I just enjoy the playoff drama and the storylines.

<3

meaghansketch

Good morning!  Team workout later.  We're not going to the track so maybe it'll be a fartlek run in the park.