Beginners and Beyond

And then it was Fridailies (Read 48 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!CoolBig grin

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.  

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Been up since 330 since pups decided it was time to get up. Dh didn't hear any of their get up insistence. Would have gone to run but they probably would have woken him up if I'd left. Something had Quincy going. He is my sleep in dog so not sure what he was hearing. If I'd left he probably would have started barking. So I am waiting. Dh alarm should ho off in a few minutes then I can leave.

Marjorie

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Good Morning, MarjorieAnn!  Good Morning, Dailies and happy Friday!

Sorry that the dogs got up a little early!

SRD for me yesterday, planning on 4 easy miles tonight after work.

Shot some decent pool last night - won in 9-ball 38-24, and won my first 8-ball match 4 games to 3 and the second one, 4 to 1. I'm feeling like a winner today, but I'd better not let it get to my head. I played fairly well, but not THAT good!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

LRB

Supp!

Hopefully you get that missed sleep back tonight Marj!

Way to go Minnesota skinny!

As for me, I will be getting down on that stupid mat for a stretching session here soon.  ZZZZZ's

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  5 miles later.

Marjorie, sorry the dogs kept you awake.

Tom, enjoy the rest.

LRB, stretch!

Damaris

LRB

LRB, stretch!

Blah.

How was work yesterday?  You and your coworkers must have some pretty strong opinions on that whole thing what with your income directly affected.

delicate flower

Helloooooo FRIDAY!  Wife took the day off and I can not.  BOOOOO work!  Beats unemployment, I suppose, and I've been there before!

Ok, am I the only one dealing with an insane volume of gnats on late afternoon runs these days?  I was seriously grossed out by the number of dead gnats on my neck, arms, and face at the end of my run yesterday.  Fortunately I "only" got one in my eye.  I'm not going to complain about temps in the 70's, but I want seasonal temps in the 50's to show up and beat down the bugs.  #fwp

Soooo, 7 miles at 8:03 pace last night.  My legs felt heavy and I blame the morning legs workout.  More running after work today, because that's what we do.

Go Red Sox.

<3

Hip Redux

Shot some decent pool last night - won in 9-ball 38-24, and won my first 8-ball match 4 games to 3 and the second one, 4 to 1. I'm feeling like a winner today, but I'd better not let it get to my head. I played fairly well, but not THAT good!

When I played pool regularly, I used to hustle the boys.   Heh.   9-ball was my favorite.

As for me, I'm heading to sit in on an MBA class for the morning.    Then back to work for a few hours before the weekend officially starts. Smile

Jess runs for bacon

Morning! Yay it's RW half weekend! My first half last year. Today I'll join Bart Yasso for a couple of shakeout miles, then meeting April to do some shopping at the expo (need some running skirts!). Sunday I am going to join the 2:30 pace group, it would mean a PR for me by several minutes but McMillan thinks I can get under 2:30 and in April I was able to do 9 miles with that group on horrible Training. So, fingers crossed!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

5 miles this morning on the trails for me and Rocky, around 5 a.m so the sun wasn't even showing any light yet. Wore my headlamp, saw a lot of eyes shining back at me a few times...... I am sure they were deer. Kicked a stump near the end due to paying more attention to my watch than where I was going, overall a great run... so peaceful. No animals were even making a sound yet. This is Rocky's first 5 miler!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

delicate flower

Morning! Yay it's RW half weekend! My first half last year. Today I'll join Bart Yasso for a couple of shakeout miles, then meeting April to do some shopping at the expo (need some running skirts!). Sunday I am going to join the 2:30 pace group, it would mean a PR for me by several minutes but McMillan thinks I can get under 2:30 and in April I was able to do 9 miles with that group on horrible Training. So, fingers crossed!

Good luck!!

<3

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Good morning, Dailies!  Really nice run/walk along the San Antonio Riverwalk yesterday after work!  Beautiful evening, 76 degrees, low humidity, low dewpoint.   Ended up with 4.2 miles.  Even got to treat a few doggies who were out walking with their Humans on the quiet side of the Riverwalk.  Actually, I probably went a little farther than 4.2 because on some of the crowded parts of the Riverwalk, I just turned my timer off and walked a bit until I got through the throngs of people and could run again.  But I only log the time that I'm actually doing my run/walk intervals, so 4.2 is in the books.    This week I ran Tues-Wed-Thurs.  I don't usually run 3 days in a row during the week, but the weather has been so great around here for a change that I just had to get out there and enjoy it.    Today is a rest day and this weekend for once I have NO races, so will just run on my own on Saturday and Sunday at a couple of the local parks.

Thanks for starting us off, MarjorieAnn.  I can relate to the lost sleep.  Our city water company was out in my neighborhood all night fixing a broken water main and you could hear the big trucks running and running for hours!  I think I got about 4 hours of sleep. Probably will power-nap at my desk today, lol.

Good luck with the miles later, Tom.  Congrats on your pool matches!

LRB survived his PT!  Good luck with the stretching.

Happy 5 miles, Damaris!

I agree with that opinion, Baboon.....go Red Sox!  We've been lucky here, no gnats, mosquitoes, etc, bugging us in our area.  We've been having some cooler weather around here now so maybe that's why.

Enjoy the MBA class, Oski.

Good luck, lilac!

Congrats to you and Rocky, FreeSoul!   Glad the eyes looking back at you were only deer and not any skunks out there.  Meeting a skunk on a trail run is not fun.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Today is October 18th.  On this day in 1967, Walt Disney released the "Jungle Book" animated movie.

Today's Holidays: 

National Chocolate Cupcake Day!  I'm not fond of cupcakes myself, but for everyone who is, enjoy!

No Beard Day - Are you a clean-shaven person?  I had a beard and long hair in high school.....now I can't even stand my hair touching my ears, lol.  Guess a 24-year career in the military will do that to you!

World Menopause Day

Alaska Day - A legal holiday in the U.S. state of Alaska, the anniversary of the formal transfer of the Territory of Alaska from Russia to the U.S.

Grand Ole Opry Day - The Grand Ole Opry opened this day in 1925.

country music cartoons, country music cartoon, funny, country music picture, country music pictures, country music image, country music images, country music illustration, country music illustrations

country music cartoons, country music cartoon, funny, country music picture, country music pictures, country music image, country music images, country music illustration, country music illustrations

KEYWORD1  1998-05-18   monster  monsters  science fiction  sci fi  godzilla  zilla  luck  lucky

KEYWORD1  1995-07-26  lyle lovett  lovett  rock star  rock musician  hair  hair styles  curly hair

alaska cartoons, alaska cartoon, funny, alaska picture, alaska pictures, alaska image, alaska images, alaska illustration, alaska illustrations

alaska cartoons, alaska cartoon, funny, alaska picture, alaska pictures, alaska image, alaska images, alaska illustration, alaska illustrations

KEYWORD1  2004-07-01  mail  fed ex  delivery  deliveries  alaska  overnight  late delivery  late del

KEYWORD1  2000-10-23  monster  monsters  science fiction  vampire  vampires  dracula  winter  cold

cupcake, gossip, frosting, make up, jealousy, appearance,

KEYWORD1  2009-01-08  cat  cats  cat owner  cat owners  pet  pets  pet owner  pet owners

beard cartoons, beard cartoon, funny, beard picture, beard pictures, beard image, beard images, beard illustration, beard illustrations

beard cartoons, beard cartoon, funny, beard picture, beard pictures, beard image, beard images, beard illustration, beard illustrations

KEYWORD1  2012-03-18  family  parent  parents  parenting  mom  moms  mother  mothers

KEYWORD1  2011-01-26  cat  cats  feline  felines  pet  pets  animal  animals

KEYWORD1  2004-12-06  christmas  holiday  holidays  santa  santa claus  claus  kris kringle  st. nic

KEYWORD1  2011-12-18  christmas  holiday  holidays  santa  santa claus  claus  kris kringle  st. nic

http://www.martybucella.com/DHF122.gif

http://www.martybucella.com/DHF170.gif

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I would probably crap myself if a skunk was 4-5 feet tall lol. I also kept us on the trail that went along the cornfields, so that about 15-20 feet of woods was between me and the field most of the time, just in case I had to bolt out of the woods lol.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

And just for Oski....

....here are some "Echo" results for you.....I know you are going through some trying times right now...so just trying to give you a bit of a smile today.....

echo cartoons, echo cartoon, funny, echo picture, echo pictures, echo image, echo images, echo illustration, echo illustrations

echo cartoons, echo cartoon, funny, echo picture, echo pictures, echo image, echo images, echo illustration, echo illustrations