Beginners and Beyond

And then it was Fridailies (Read 48 times)

Pinktastic

Good Morning, Friends!!

I took my nephew to school this morning, and that always starts my day off right.    :-)   Hope y’all’s morning has been equally Pinktacular!

Marjorie – Sorry that you had to get up so early!   It was very thoughtful of you to stick around so that the pups didn’t wake up DH.   Great run this morning!

Tom – Congrats on a great night of pool last night!   Have a great run later!

LRB – I am very sorry about Detroit.   It’s the right decision, but I’m sure it’s still very disappointing.   Extra hugs for you!

Damaris – Good morning!   Have a wonderful run later!

Phil – Lucky MBC!   Does she have any big plans for her day off?   Those gnats sound awful!   We usually have that problem around this time as well, and it is disgusting!  Hope tonight’s run is gnat-free!

Oski – You’re taking a class to be a pro basketball player?   Wow!  I’m glad that you got positive results from your tests yesterday!   Take good care of yourself!

Jess – Why are you shopping the expo for skirts?   I thought you were going to make some running skirts…..    Good luck this weekend!   I’ll be looking for an update from you!

FS – Congrats to Rocky on his first 5 miler this morning!   Have a beautiful day!

Scotty – Great run yesterday!    Did San Antonio shut down this weekend?   How can you not have any races?

Zelanie – Good Morning!   Have a wonderful time at the Shakespeare Festival!

Andrew – Nice run this morning!   It’s probably very wise to be cautious during recovery.

JBlack – Great runs last night and this morning!   Glad you figured out the trigger for your ITBS!

Basya – I’m sorry that you’re still feeling badly!   Hopefully, you’ll be able to kick this thing to the curb with a few more days of rest!!    Please take good care of yourself!

Shari – Enjoy your run with your friend!   Hope the knee feels better!

I have my appointment with the new cardiologist on Monday.   I’m hoping that it goes well and that I can get the procedure done on the 28th.   If so, the 5 or so days that I need to recover from that should coincide with the point where I can start weaning out of the walking cast and start walking again.   That would be Pinksational!!

The results from my blood work showed that my calcium, vitamin D and thyroid tests showed that they were on the low side of normal, but all still normal.   The doctor doesn’t think that the levels could have contributed to the 2nd bone breaking because they are still in the normal range.   I guess that just means the 2nd broken bone is a fluke.

Happy Friday!!    And, may your next run be your BEST run yet!!

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Jess runs for bacon

Pink, too lazy to make, and Running Skirts has cuter fabrics Smile Good news that you don't have any issues! Good luck with the cardiologists.

LRB

LRB, I'm sorry about Detroit.  It will be there next year, chin up!

If tomorrow is not promised, what does that say about a year from tomorrow.  Roll eyes

Feel better B!

O, that bacon pizza tried to kill you!

Thanks peeps, I am going to carb load today and tomorrow anyway.  No sense passing up on that!  Cool

HELL YEAH it's Friday.  This week couldn't end fast enough.  My miles completely tanked this week, I wish I could call it a taper but I have my list of flimsy excuses so I'll just say I hope it doesn't make me too sluggish Sunday.

Speaking of Sunday, LRB.. that sucks man. You are taking it well but it stinks all the same. Maybe I'll see you at the expo tonight. I'll be going down with the wife and some buddies.  Btw.. taking your advice and am going for it, win lose or draw. I want that time, and I want to beat my training partner. He beat me in that trail race last week...I'll have my revenge.

Dad on the run.

Pink - I commend you for consistently doing personals. Once the thread gets to the third page I don't even try...

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Ric-G

oski - fingers crossed

basya -  sorry about that

pink - continued healing and +1 on your wonderful attitudeSmile

rick - tough call man, really sucks. but best to you and a full recovery

did 3 easy last nite and will do maybe 4 or so later. my weekend will consist of yardwork and carpet cleaning...at least there will be some football and running thrown in too...have a great day everyone!

marathon pr - 3:16

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Doctor called in an omeprezol refill for me and I am already feeling better. Did not run today, but am attending a charity zumba-thon tonight.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

hog4life

Hi Dailies, quick little check in...

LRB, sorry about the DNS.

Lilac and Tom, good luck this weekend.

LRB

Once the thread gets to the third page I don't even try...

At its peak, this thing would go 8 to 10 pages regularly.  To the point that some of the less frequent posters heads would spin!

Code, I would run the first 3 mile segment the slowest of any grouping of miles, that allows the body and carb fueling systems to turn on.  Nothing too drastic though, just 5 to 10 seconds slower per mile for the first 3, before jumping into goal pace.  Whatever you decide to do though good luck!

LRB

Hi Dailies, quick little check in...

Wassup yo!

Good news on the results Pink!

B-Plus

Sorry about the marathon LRB, especially after you worked so hard to rehab this year.

SRD

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Sorry to hear about Detroit LRB.

Pink it is awesome that you can keep such an upbeat mood with cruddy things like that, hope you can get that appointment on 28th to work with your schedule. Smile

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Pink, good news in the middle of all this.

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Glad to hear Oski that the Echo was normal....normal...normal....normal..... Big grin

Sorry about the DNS, LRB, but probably you made the right choice for you.  Enjoy the expo!

Hello again, Zelanie! Enjoy the festival this weekend!

Congrats on your 12.5, MarjorieAnn.  I know just how your doggie feels, I think we were both up at the same time, lol.

Way to go on your miles, Andrew...still on that TM, huh?  Wink

Nice that you got in a good run, Jimmy!  Maybe you have finally found what works for you!

Hope you are 100 percent again in no time, Basya!

Oh, you can talk about it, Damaris...but since it's the govt, if do, then they'll kill you... Wink   Hope your 5 miles goes well!

San Antonio does have races this weekend, Sarah, 4 of them actually....but their entry fees - at least for Texas - are ridiculous. As many races as I do a year, I really don't want to pay $40 for a 5K, and that was the entry fee for each of the 4 this weekend.  I have to budget carefully so I CAN do a lot of races each year.    Sorry about the broken bone being a fluke, that kinda sucks.   Heal well, heal fast!

Good luck on Sunday, c0derunner!   Since LRB is out, you are vicariously running as him now, so you have to go  really fast! Wink

Happy SRD, B-Plus!

Sounds like a nice weekend, Ric...except for that yardwork and carpet cleaning stuff. Joking

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Well,  I stand CORRECTED!   Looks like I will be doing an event tomorrow.  The RD for one of the races this weekend is a good friend of mine.  He just called me and asked if I had committed to any other races this weekend.  I told him "no' and he said "Come do mine tomorrow morning and do your photo/race report on it for me and I will let you in for half-price."   Nice!  So I will be doing a 5K that supports a Young Marines organization.

My boss just came by and told me I can leave work NOW, as I worked overtime a couple days ago to get a short-notice project done.  So I am outta hear, off to pick up my packet for my 5K for tomorrow morning.  Nice!  See y'all later!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt