Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #40 (Read 27 times)

DavePNW

6 miles, 58 for the week.

Now 12 weeks till marathon. Last 30 days = 247 miles, so pretty satisfied with the base build.

Dave

Cyberic

6 miles, 58 for the week.

Now 12 weeks till marathon. Last 30 days = 247 miles, so pretty satisfied with the base build.

Yes!

RunningOnSand

Whiskers, congrats on yesterday's PR! Do you attribute it to the Daniels training you've been doing, or something else? (Although with running I know it's hard to pinpoint a performance just on one thing.)

Wolvmar, Dave, Cyber, that's seriously impressive mileage for all of you. Nicely done. Wolvmar, that is so awesome that your butt/hammy thing seems to be behaving.

I was in Mpls yesterday next to all the lakes (for those of you who are unfamiliar, they have 3 decent sized lakes (each ~3mi around) that are all connected via a running path, that the city religiously clears) and was wishing I lived in that neighborhood b/c of the clear trails. Maybe I'll drive there to start running on some of the trails if I've got time. Plus there were a zillion runners zooming by so it was motivating.

Speaking of the trails and clearing them, Cy, you got 21 inches yesterday?  We got about 8" overnight and that's still quite a bit.

Cyberic

We got 21 inches that started slowly Thursday evening, steady into Friday, intensified Friday afternoon, then slowed down around supper time (but still falling) well into the evening/night. Saturday morning it was over, but lots of snow. Not a record or even close, but still qualifies as substantial.

KCRuns

I just ran the New Orleans Marathon. It was good! I only shaved 10 minutes off of Chicago, so I’m still abysmally slow, but moving in the right direction again. More importantly, I don’t feel destroyed like I did after Chicago.  I had signed up for this race for fun and to use as a building block to rebuild and I’m glad I did. Now it’s time to vacation here for a few days!
            Starting in a few weeks after recovery, I’ve set up 3 McMiilan training blocks to help me get my mileage back up so I can be ready for Chicago again this fall. I’m excited to start that!

MTA: the last 10 miles had a lot of strong headwinds, 20+mph. I did more walking in that than I wanted, but it was hard to run directly into the wind. And it was hot and humid and sunshiny today. I stopped at the medical tent a few times for sunscreen.  But the course was nice and I had fun with my SIL.

now off to catch up on the past couple of dailies

Cyberic

I just ran the New Orleans Marathon. It was good! I only shaved 10 minutes off of Chicago, so I’m still abysmally slow, but moving in the right direction again. More importantly, I don’t feel destroyed like I did after Chicago.  I had signed up for this race for fun and to use as a building block to rebuild and I’m glad I did. Now it’s time to vacation here for a few days!
              Starting in a few weeks after recovery, I’ve set up 3 McMiilan training blocks to help me get my mileage back up so I can be ready for Chicago again this fall. I’m excited to start that!

Hey, congrats KC! A marathon is always something special, and a 10 minutes improvement is great news!

sdWhiskers

Whiskers, congrats on yesterday's PR! Do you attribute it to the Daniels training you've been doing, or something else? (Although with running I know it's hard to pinpoint a performance just on one thing.)

Who knows. I've never focused on 5ks before so probably any training would help me. I'm through 4 weeks of Daniel's and knocked off 10 sec/mile. I meant to also lose some weight but...ahem, that doesn't seem to be happening...

Glad you are able to find some clear paths! Do you feel your mojo returning?

sdWhiskers

Hey, congrats KC! A marathon is always something special, and a 10 minutes improvement is great news!

+1

Nice!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Congrats, KC!

Damaris

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Congrats, KC!

+2

thats a huge improvement!

DavePNW

Congrats!!

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

8ish done on the TM. The Stryd was very inaccurate, as I did not run 14-15mm. The power was more at around 12mm while it was telling me somewhere from 13mm to 14:47mm. Yeah, no.

On the TM because the slush was pretty bad. I slid down the driveway as soon as I got out so back inside I went.

47 for the week, which I've not done in a while.

Damaris

onemile

8ish done on the TM. The Stryd was very inaccurate, as it was saying I was running 8:50 to 9mm when the TM was at 7.1-7.2 for most of the run 

On the TM because the snow was pretty bad. I slid on the snow covered ice and fell while walking Bruno so back inside I went.

50 for the week, which I've not done in a while.

bluerun

Super B****

MTA: the last 10 miles had a lot of strong headwinds, 20+mph. I did more walking in that than I wanted, but it was hard to run directly into the wind. And it was hot and humid and sunshiny today. I stopped at the medical tent a few times for sunscreen.  But the course was nice and I had fun with my SIL.

Nice!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

LOL. Nice job!

Ugh on the fall!

Damaris