Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES (Read 40 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Love the pics, Beth, especially the last one.

Damaris

Ric-G

good one...

7 miles this AM. positive thoughts and healing to all those on the mend...have a good day all.

Very nice, Beth!  FYI, your views during the HARTFORD MARATHON may not be quite that nice.

marathon pr - 3:16

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Happy Tuesday!

I did an easy 3.1 miler after work yesterday to keep my legs 'loose' after my 3  events last week. It was a very nice run, felt pretty good...but also BORING as I forgot to put my music-player in my gym bag.  I can run without music if I have to, but I prefer not to, especially as I have to listen to my own breathing, lol, I sound like an old bulldog out there chugging along.  Oh well, I got it done.  Weather is being very cooperative in San Antonio lately...a nice 63 degrees for my run yesterday.

Today is a rest day.  I also get to leave work early, which was unexpected.  Gail went to get her stitches out of her foot today....and made the mistake of looking at her 'wound' when the doc took off her bandages. She is NOT good with that kind of stuff and fainted right away.  Lucky the nurse was beside her and caught her as she went down.  She would have been just fine if she had not looked.   Talk about good service, gotta love the military folks.  They gave her smelling salts, got her "back in order" but the doc did not want her driving, so he actually had two tech-meds go with her.  One drove her home, and the other followed, driving her car to get that home with her.  Then they both went back to their office after getting her home.  Now that is some service!  She has another appointment later in the day for a different reason, so I will be driving her to that one, as the doc does not want her back to driving until tomorrow.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

30 degrees is way too dang cold, Basya!  Congrats on even getting out there.

Ya know, LRB, maybe if you cut down on the coffee you might not toss and turn all night. Wink

You didn''t miss much, Baboon.  Dang Green Bay blew it in the 4th quarter.   I love this cold weather.   Yer sick sick, sick. Wink

Sorry about the hip, Marjorie.  Well, you can always "race" like I do, lol, carry your camera, stop along the way at several points to take photos.   That would bring no issues to your hip at all.  Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Oh, fun, day-long meeting, good luck with that Oski!  Hope you power-napped through it when you could!

Nice on the yoga, Meaghan, hope it helps you.  Yoga, I can't do it.  Some people are like Gumby and can stretch, stretch, stretch.  Me, I'm about as flexible as a piece of leggo...Joking

I detest the wet dog smell.   Hey, Sarah, I smell that when I'm in the rain too...and I don't even have a dog! Big grin   Whatever workout you decide on, hope it goes/went well.

Even more scary, Step, when something comes out of that fog in your direction!  Good luck with your blood donation.

Already gave my 2 cents to you in the Penguin thread, Jimmy.  So..hi again!

Is it nice being back in Court, Damaris?  Aren't you just thrilled? Joking  So you convinced your hubby to move yet?

Nice to run like that sometimes, Beth.  No pressure, just..go....run.... nice outfits for you and DH!  Eat mor chikin.... Big grin  ....that photo of you and Conor is great, that's a keeper!   That last photo takes me back...I'd really like to visit England, Ireland, Scotland, and Wales again.   Weather can be 'iffy' in all those place ANY time of the year, but I really enjoyed my 4 years in the UK.   Thanks for sharing!

but I need to start watching what I eat a bit more.  You and me both, brother.   Especially as I'm not in training mode any time anymore, lol.   You're still young, though, Andrew, your metabolism is still probably a lot better than my old metabolism is.

All that sounds like a workout in itself, FreeSoul.

I feel EVERY LITTLE THING and keep thinking my back is going to break in half, or some other body part is going to fall off, yeesh!  You think it's bad now, LRB, wait till you get to near 60 years old, like I am, lol.    You ain't seen nuthin' yet, you young whippersnapper.. Wink  Seriously, hope you feel better..and believe me, over-analyzing is quite normal after an injury, anyone runner who's ever been down-and-out for a while goes through that, and especially during come-back time.

I have a feeling, Jack, that your debut marathon is going to turn out great, just like Awood's did for him.

Congrats on your 7 miles, Ric!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Missed check in this morning.....been one of those days. Did not miss my run though I logged 4 miles at recovery pace. Coldest run yet this fall...37 "feels like" 31. 

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

StepbyStep-SH

After being frustrated and turned away from donating the last two times I tried (low hemoglobin once, low BP the next time), I was excited when all the numbers came out good today. I really wanted to donate after seeing so many friends recently who have needed blood due to cancer, other surgeries, etc. I wanted to do my part. But after a few minutes, the needle clogged up and things stopped flowing, and we couldn't get it going again, so I ended up with just a partial donation, and not enough to be used for a patient. Sad I probably won't try again until next summer due to marathon training.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

But after a few minutes, the needle clogged up and things stopped flowing, and we couldn't get it going again, so I ended up with just a partial donation, and not enough to be used for a patient.

The same thing happened to me once, it's such an empty, bewildered feeling when you leave.

StepbyStep-SH

The same thing happened to me once, it's such an empty, bewildered feeling when you leave.

That is how I felt. She kept saying "It just sometimes happens," but I still felt like there must have been something I could have done differently - did I drink enough water? should I have skipped today's workouts before donating? Something?

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

That is how I felt. She kept saying "It just sometimes happens," but I still felt like there must have been something I could have done differently - did I drink enough water? should I have skipped today's workouts before donating? Something?

Nah we just suck.  There were people in there filling up bags like it was tap water flowing out of a faucet, meanwhile I could have counted my drips on one hand!  lol

Jess runs for bacon

After being frustrated and turned away from donating the last two times I tried (low hemoglobin once, low BP the next time), I was excited when all the numbers came out good today. I really wanted to donate after seeing so many friends recently who have needed blood due to cancer, other surgeries, etc. I wanted to do my part. But after a few minutes, the needle clogged up and things stopped flowing, and we couldn't get it going again, so I ended up with just a partial donation, and not enough to be used for a patient. Sad I probably won't try again until next summer due to marathon training.

That's happened to be before. It sucks. And then you can't donate for 8 weeks again. At least you are trying though! Don't give up!

SRD, and day 2 of new job. Ride home was only an hour but I am still wiped.i think I will get used to it though.

Baboon

delicate flower

That's happened to be before. It sucks. And then you can't donate for 8 weeks again. At least you are trying though! Don't give up!

I'll be honest, I gave up and stopped going.  Sad  It's terrible and I should try again.  But between being turned away for low hemoglobin, getting grilled about my cruises to Mexico/Belize including follow up calls, and getting grilled about my low heart rate, I just got frustrated at the whole experience.  I need to suck it up though and go back.

<3

LRB

I'll be honest, I gave up and stopped going.  Sad  It's terrible and I should try again.  But between being turned away for low hemoglobin, getting grilled about my cruises to Mexico/Belize including follow up calls, and getting grilled about my low heart rate, I just got frustrated at the whole experience.  I need to suck it up though and go back.

I don't know about that.  I was made to feel it was my fault and I looked at the B like she was crazy, old cranky ass.  Here I am trying to do my part and she's being a tool.  Luckily, the other ladies were really nice but the fact is for me I am just not a person whom can donate like other people.

It was completely futile and actually somewhat painful.  I decided I can donate or help people in other ways.

Jess runs for bacon

try again if you guys are able. Out of the 20 or so times I have given, I've had about 5 times where I had issues. On the flip side my local donation place is very cool and does not give me shit. But remember, if they but you, it's because this stuff really matters.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Evening, dailies!

Resting again today, second day in a row. Seems that the knee, while feeling better than it did after the HM, is still not happy. And the more I run, the less happy it is. I'm visiting the doctor Thursday so we'll see what he has to say.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Hip Redux

Anytime I've failed a test when giving blood, the nurses were always really nice about it.   I have been rejected for low iron and for my tattoo, but I'm on a run of 5 straight now!   My hemoglobin is like through the roof since eating more red meat. Smile

Oh and 3.5 miles on the TM, no issues.