Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES (Read 40 times)

LRB

My hemoglobin is like through the roof since eating more red meat.

Well that would explain my problem then wouldn't it.  Roll eyes

3 miles done on the treadmill tonight......

Just the talk of giving blood makes me queezy. I nearly passed out (smelling salts were used) 30 years ago for the blood test I had to do before I got married. I'm better with it now but have never given to the blood bank. My DS on the other hand started giving blood when he was 16 and goes whenever they call.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

Jess runs for bacon

3 miles done on the treadmill tonight......

Just the talk of giving blood makes me queezy. I nearly passed out (smelling salts were used) 30 years ago for the blood test I had to do before I got married. I'm better with it now but have never given to the blood bank. My DS on the other hand started giving blood when he was 16 and goes whenever they call.

You should have him take you. Best way to get over a fear! I still get nervous but the trick is to just distract yourself. Sorry, this is something close to my heart so I always try to encourage others Smile It's a good feeling to give.

Oski, good news on both counts.

Hip Redux

Spark - my husband passed out filling out the form at the beginning the first time we went together.  We had started dating, I pressured him to come along, yada yada yada.... they rang a bell and got him onto a cot while we were sitting in the waiting area.  lol

You should have him take you. Best way to get over a fear! I still get nervous but the trick is to just distract yourself. Sorry, this is something close to my heart so I always try to encourage others Smile It's a good feeling to give.

Oski, good news on both counts.

One of the scouts in our troop is doing a blood drive as his Eagle Scout Project. That may be the time for me to give it a try. This would be our second scout over the last 5 years to put a blood drive together. The first went very very well.

First Race

Second Race

Scott

Spark - my husband passed out filling out the form at the beginning the first time we went together.  We had started dating, I pressured him to come along, yada yada yada.... they rang a bell and got him onto a cot while we were sitting in the waiting area.  lol

Lol.......that's funny.

First Race

Second Race

Scott

Hip Redux

Lol.......that's funny.

The nurse suggested that while they appreciated him trying, that maybe giving blood wasn't for him.  Tongue  Poor guy.

The nurse suggested that while they appreciated him trying, that maybe giving blood wasn't for him.  Tongue  Poor guy.

Well if I were dating a bear mascot I'd give it my best try too.

First Race

Second Race

Scott

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I did not run today and I liked it. Big grin

Damaris

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Damaris had a rest day?!

If I'm not rejected for low iron I usually pass out on the table from extreme needle phobia. Not sure giving blood is for me. I've tried a few times but it usually ends poorly.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damaris had a rest day?!

If I'm not rejected for low iron I usually pass out on the table from extreme needle phobia. Not sure giving blood is for me. I've tried a few times but it usually ends poorly.

Two!

Damaris

Just B.S.

Rest days can make you faster. Seems the less I run the faster I get! LOL

Only had time for 5 k tonight with  the first 1 km as the warm up and ran it in 27 minutes flat on rolling hills  . Too bad racing season is over here. Had my current 5k PR of 25:27 on Sept 22 on a flat course. Feeling faster right now.

2 days in a row  of running means tomorrow is a swim day. I love  going in the hot tub after in the cold weather , never want to get out.

LRB

Too bad racing season is over here.

We will have a few races here and there over the next two months usually themed events though.  Is there nothing on New Years Eve for you, or is that in another month there?  lol

Just B.S.

We will have a few races here and there over the next two months usually themed events though.  Is there nothing on New Years Eve for you, or is that in another month there?  lol

No LRB you people have that one right!

we do have a new year race but it's not timed. we just go out and do a training run and save our $$$ for a real race

LRB

we do have a new year race but it's not timed. we just go out and do a training run and save our $$$ for a real race

Ah, got it.  You have posted some of the most ridiculous snow shots I have ever seen, that seems to be the norm there.  Hopefully snow season holds off though.