Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #116 (Read 27 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Woke up with a seriously sore adductor  as much as I hate it, I'm taking a few days off from running.

Hopefully i can do other things to work up a sweat, heard kettlebells swings are great for calorie burning and stuff, wonder if I can do those without issue 🥺

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yeah, take some time off and let it heal.

I have the 6 with 123321 workout and weights. My back again, is sore, sigh. I am not going to wake up at 6am on the weekends just to evade this pain, FFS. Can't wait for the foam roller I ordered.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Yeah, take some time off and let it heal.

I have the 6 with 123321 workout and weights. My back again, is sore, sigh. I am not going to wake up at 6am on the weekends just to evade this pain, FFS. Can't wait for the foam roller I ordered.

These rainy and windy days will definitely keep me inside lol.

Hope your back gets better and you stop having issues.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

LRB

Woke up with a seriously sore adductor  as much as I hate it, I'm taking a few days off from running.

Hopefully i can do other things to work up a sweat, heard kettlebells swings are great for calorie burning and stuff, wonder if I can do those without issue 🥺

You should probably spend some time reading up on the muscles that make up the adductor group, their function, and recovering from adductor injuries. At least then, you can make a semi-educated guess as to what you should or should not do, and if you should even do anything. Otherwise, you're just throwing crap at the wall to see what sticks which is not always the best idea where running injuries are concerned.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

You should probably spend some time reading up on the muscles that make up the adductor group, their function, and recovering from adductor injuries. At least then, you can make a semi-educated guess as to what you should or should not do, and if you should even do anything. Otherwise, you're just throwing crap at the wall to see what sticks which is not always the best idea where running injuries are concerned.

I've been trying, but I always get groin issues and they're always describing closer to the crotch pain. This isn't it, this pain is closer to my knee the top of the pain reaches more like halfway between my knee and crotch while the bottom of the pain reaches closer to my knee.

As far as kettlebell swings, I'm just thinking or trying to think of full-body exercises that I can do that won't irritate anything because I don't want to be stuck sitting around and gain back the 5-10 lbs I've worked my ass off this year to lose, I do not want that cottage cheese coming back on my hamstring and glutes and inner thighs, I freaking killed myself over the last few years to get rid of that shit so I could happily and proudly wear short shorts without feeling like a freaking whale

I know I can do pullups, planks, decline pushups but I need workouts that also hit the legs or glutes to some degree.

PRs

Half Crazy K 2.0

6 with a 5k time trial. 27 minutes.  Guess it's not too bad considering where I was 8 weeks ago.  Speed definitely has come back before endurance.

Cyberic

11 on the mountain

Cyberic

I have a different body type than you, FS, and you have been doing weights for a long time and I haven't, so take what's coming next with that in mind, but I would not try to replace the calories I burn running with kettle bell swings. I have a kettle bell, and I do swing it on occasion, and I get DOMS like with weight lifting. So if I were all of a sudden to start doing like 30 minutes of KB swings (30 series of 1 minute) or some crazy shit like that to burn the calories I burn in LR... I would injure myself.

ETA: Do you have a skipping rope? That could be something to try for calorie burning. I don't think you will injure yourself by doing too much of that

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I have a different body type than you, FS, and you have been doing weights for a long time and I haven't, so take what's coming next with that in mind, but I would not try to replace the calories I burn running with kettle bell swings. I have a kettle bell, and I do swing it on occasion, and I get DOMS like with weight lifting. So if I were all of a sudden to start doing like 30 minutes of KB swings (30 series of 1 minute) or some crazy shit like that to burn the calories I burn in LR... I would injure myself.

ETA: Do you have a skipping rope? That could be something to try for calorie burning. I don't think you will injure yourself by doing too much of that

😁 as a woman who had a kid, jumping up and down has a very negative effect on my body... I can't even jump on a trampoline for long without having to race to the bathroom 🤦‍♀️

Speaking of which, we will be getting a trampoline some time over the next week or 2 and if my son wants me on it then by God I am going to get on it... even if I have to run to the bathroom every 5 minutes 😢

PRs

sdWhiskers

😁 as a woman who had a kid, jumping up and down has a very negative effect on my body... I can't even jump on a trampoline for long without having to race to the bathroom 🤦‍♀️

Lol same.

I've been adding in more plyo stuff which really gets me sweaty. But I'm guessing all of that is no good for your leg. Bike? Rowing machine but you need a gym for that.

I've been trying, but I always get groin issues and they're always describing closer to the crotch pain. This isn't it, this pain is closer to my knee the top of the pain reaches more like halfway between my knee and crotch while the bottom of the pain reaches closer to my knee.

This site has cross sections at three levels of the thigh... the site is not easy to use

https://www.orthobullets.com/anatomy/10067/adductor-magnus

sdWhiskers

It's been hot (80s) and sunny so I was thrilled when I saw fog outside this morning. That meant humidity but better than full sun.

8 miles with a workout Coach adapted from Tom Derderian (Boston TC coach) to train for unpredictable-ness in racing. I ran 2 mi WU, then 25 min total of intervals at 5k-10k pace. The catch was I needed to roll a die and that would tell me how long the next interval was. If I rolled a 1, then 1 min fast, if a 6 then 6 min fast. So I would run, then 90s jog, roll again to see next one, repeat. I ended up with 2-5-4-6-3-4-1 for the intervals. I liked it, kept things interesting. And my paces were all 8:07-8:32 so just right.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

As far as kettlebell swings, I'm just thinking or trying to think of full-body exercises that I can do that won't irritate anything because I don't want to be stuck sitting around and gain back the 5-10 lbs I've worked my ass off this year to lose, I do not want that cottage cheese coming back on my hamstring and glutes and inner thighs, I freaking killed myself over the last few years to get rid of that shit so I could happily and proudly wear short shorts without feeling like a freaking whale

I know I can do pullups, planks, decline pushups but I need workouts that also hit the legs or glutes to some degree.

That sounds more like a quad issue (where it meets the adductor). Read about both types of injuries.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Okie dokie

PRs

LRB

Okie dokie

Did you ever get over your irritable band syndrome from last fall when you changed shoes or is this an extension of that?