Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #7 (Read 37 times)

RunningOnSand

6.7 miles.

At one point, I was smelling the strong smell of smoke but looking around, didn't see anything (it was dark). Debated investigating further but continued on. A few minutes later, fire truck and ambulance go racing past but seemingly for something else. Geez. I would have felt horrible to have missed someone's house on fire.

That would have sucked. Wonder what the smell was.

RunningOnSand

What. Is. Happening??

For real tho.

RunningOnSand

This is a real thing with Afrin. Not the same as with saline sprays or Flonase.

Really?? I had no idea. How can one get dependent on it? I think that's what I bought my family during our flu deal.

RunningOnSand

+1

I kept a bottle of that stuff in my car like a dentist keeps extra floss. Took a minute but finally realized I was prolonging the issue by taking it. Now, I just deal with whatever the virus is and if it's really bad I'll drink warm whiskey and lemon juice and all of sudden don't even know I have a nose anymore, let alone worry about not being able to breath out of it!

LOL

RunningOnSand

I ran 7. It felt good! I was happy. The end.

bluerun

Super B****

Really?? I had no idea. How can one get dependent on it? I think that's what I bought my family during our flu deal.

Rebound congestion

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

onemile

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

7 is the feel good number today!  

Baboon

delicate flower

I have no will to train knowing that I'm getting two wisom teeth pulled out tomorrow and not knowing how long that will knock me out. I'm a wimp.

Good luck, cy.  I had my last two removed a couple of years ago.  I just remember the endless amount of blood that kept pouring out of those holes, then the soreness that lingered for at least a week, but it was nothing Advil couldn't help.

<3

onemile

Good luck, cy.  

hope it goes well and you are back to running soon

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

hope it goes well and you are back to running soon

+1

Damaris

sdWhiskers

I use Afrin when I'm completely stopped up and miserable because it gives instant relief. I think the bottle says you can only use it 2x day for 3 days so I hold out as long as I can. So using it is not bad. Using it too long or too often causes issues.

sdWhiskers

Good luck, cy.  I had my last two removed a couple of years ago.  I just remember the endless amount of blood that kept pouring out of those holes, then the soreness that lingered for at least a week, but it was nothing Advil couldn't help.

Lol, sure this is helpful for Cyber

Baboon

delicate flower

Lol, sure this is helpful for Cyber

I remember when we stopped at the pharmacy to get my post-surgery Vicodin.  DW went inside to get the drugs and I stood outside emptying the three gallons of blood from my mouth.  And the lingering pain isn't bad...kind of like a dull headache.  If it was that bad, Advil wouldn't have been so effective.

<3

DavePNW

6 miles. Hamstring felt OK, but near the end of the run I started to feel a pain in the back of my (opposite) knee. WTF.

MTA: 51 degrees out!

Dave