Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #7 (Read 37 times)

sdWhiskers

Crap. okay I'll throw them away.

This board has been invaluable in more ways than one!

Many thanks.

You can keep the bottle...for the next cold, no need to throw out

sdWhiskers

Who is doing this? An oral surgeon or general dentist?

There is only one correct answer to this question.

Cyberic

Who is doing this? An oral surgeon or general dentist?

He's both. He's an oral surgeon who also does general dentistry

Half Crazy K 2.0

There is only one correct answer to this question.

I agree.

GinnyinPA

The main thing I remember about getting my wisdom teeth out was that I was told to put ice on if it started to swell. I should have put ice on as soon as I left the dentist. By the time I got out the ice pack, I looked like a chipmunk and stayed that way for a couple of days. Fortunately I didn't have to go to work. Cy's story about his past experience is similar to what happened when my dad got an implant. They ended up putting the post through his sinus cavity. He spent two years fighting infections. One of many reasons I'm reluctant to get implants.

I ran 8.5 with 6 x 1k at 10k pace.

RunningOnSand

You can keep the bottle...for the next cold, no need to throw out

I thought you needed to throw it out so you didn't spread your own germs to yourself again? lol

RunningOnSand

RunningOnSand

The main thing I remember about getting my wisdom teeth out was that I was told to put ice on if it started to swell. I should have put ice on as soon as I left the dentist. By the time I got out the ice pack, I looked like a chipmunk and stayed that way for a couple of days. Fortunately I didn't have to go to work. Cy's story about his past experience is similar to what happened when my dad got an implant. They ended up putting the post through his sinus cavity. He spent two years fighting infections. One of many reasons I'm reluctant to get implants.

Nice!

RunningOnSand

Group think question:

I've been training minimally (aka running minimally) and have been doing zero workouts. This week I implemented a strength training program (total body, 2x/wk ~30min each, so nothing major) and have started doing strides (like 2x/wk for now, to prep me for workouts, probably starting in a couple weeks).

The question is, do you think it's wise for me to sign up for a 10-mile race in April? Or dumb? Shoot it to me straight.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Group think question:

I've been training minimally (aka running minimally) and have been doing zero workouts. This week I implemented a strength training program (total body, 2x/wk ~30min each, so nothing major) and have started doing strides (like 2x/wk for now, to prep me for workouts, probably starting in a couple weeks).

The question is, do you think it's wise for me to sign up for a 10-mile race in April? Or dumb? Shoot it to me straight.

If you "start" this week, you have about 13 weeks to the first weekend in April. Since a lot of half training plans are 12 weeks, this seems reasonable to me.

Baboon

delicate flower

You've got more than enough time.

<3

sdWhiskers

I thought you needed to throw it out so you didn't spread your own germs to yourself again? lol

I usually wipe the nozzle with rubbing alcohol after each use. If I don't need it for another 6 months, I guess I hope the germs are dead? I'll have to ask my microbiology colleagues, haha

sdWhiskers

One of many reasons I'm reluctant to get implants.

I have 5 implants and the worst part was paying for them   Implants aren't nearly as bad as wisdom teeth removal (as far as the few days after). Assuming you 1) have a great oral surgeon and 2) splurge on the anesthesia. I just hope they last forever so I don't need to pay for round 2 at some point.

That's a great workout!

sdWhiskers

You've got more than enough time.

+1

Cyberic

In my case it turned out good, I was on preventive antibiotics and I got no infection or at least nothing stuck.

I'm also very reluctant to get an implant to replace the missing tooth knowing the sinus is right there. In fact, I'n not getting one even though it sucks to miss a tooth like that.

There's nothing I can do about it, though (tomorrow). Just hope for the best.