Beginners and Beyond

Winter Sundailies (Read 37 times)

Baboon

delicate flower

'Morning!  'Bout time winter got here.  We got a snowy, icy mess to clean up today.  Maybe 6" of snow, and now the sleet and freezing rain is falling.  Glad I got the LR done yesterday.  I've got a 90 minute bike workout to do at some point today.

So what's going on, friends?

Go Rams!

<3

LRB

So what's going on, friends?

Good morning, Boon-Boon Shake-Shake The Room.

What is winter here is a warm-spell for Cyberic (currently 6 F and -11), otherwise known as IARITS. lol

So I'll need to find a treadmill somewhere. Sigh. And we're dropping to zero with a windchill in the minus teens overnight so I'll need to do the same thing tomorrow, and probably for the whole damn week depending on how snow removal is around these parts. We shall see...

LRB

Go Rams!

Kind of a damn shame that we've never had a Brady v Brees or Brady v Rodgers superbowl. Can't blame Brady though, dude has made the AFC championship game something stupid like 8 years straight and 12 out of 16. Crazy.

Anyway, good luck to your team. I had the football life sucked out of me with that pathetic season we had. What started as the most anticipated season in recent memory ended the first damn game on Monday Night Football. The season went completely to shit from there, like:

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

The weather predicting 3-5 inches of snow, we only got like an inch lol.

Haven't ran yet, had a late night but I'll be heading out very shortly. Not sure if I'll get 10 miles done, the roads don't look great so we'll have to see what Jetta and I can do. Currently 18 degrees with a windchill of 5 I guess, though the wind isn't blowing...

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Baboon

delicate flower

LOL

I vote for a Goff vs 'Whoever' Super Bowl.  Although, my brain is telling me the Rams season will end today.  The Saints are way too hard to beat in the dome.  I think the Chiefs will handle New England easily.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I DNFd. Couldn’t get my cough under control.

Damaris

LRB

LOL

I vote for a Goff vs 'Whoever' Super Bowl.  Although, my brain is telling me the Rams season will end today.  The Saints are way too hard to beat in the dome.  I think the Chiefs will handle New England easily.

The exact reason Suh was signed.

He Didn't show up in the biggest games here (the couple/few we had). Hopefully, he does for you.

LRB

Ugh.

How'd you end up dressing? We need a report!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I put it in FB. Tank, arm warmers, tech tube, gloves, shorts and compression socks. I was fine until I stopped. Lol

Damaris

DavePNW

Dave

DavePNW

Dave

DavePNW

LRB - when do you get official acceptance for NYCM?

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Wut?

Also known as a buff. Just to cover the ears.

Damaris

LRB

LRB - when do you get official acceptance for NYCM?

Sometime around or after February 14th, maybe. I honestly do not know. That's 30 days after registration opens though, and I think when they begin the lottery entries.

RunningOnSand

Wut?

LOL. I was wondering the same thing.  Big grin

D, so sorry about your cough. Hoping you can rest up and heal soon.

Baboon, what an amazing LR yesterday. Awesome job! (loved the rainbow unicorn pic, too)

Speaking of awesome jobs, DAVEP! You smoked your HM!!!! WTG on your AG placement and PR. 2019, watch out!!!

Fred, where are you at? How did your race go today? Maybe you are still running? Depending on what time it started...

HC, sweet workout from yesterday, too. That looked seriously hard.

I'm quite certain I have forgotten a lot else, and for my shitty memory I am sorry. Congrats to all you other amazing peeps doing amazing things.

I ran 12'ish yesterday with mile repeats. I broke down and bought the Nike Vaporfly 4%'s in a moment of weakness (see my other comments/threads on my quest to get a BQ in the next few marathon cycles), and I wore them for my warmup and was intending to wear them for the rest of my workout. They are like running on clouds--felt pretty effortless and so cushiony (the latter part I usually don't like). But I couldn't figure out how to tie them without some sort of weirdness going on--too loose, and there was heel slippage. Too tight and my toes would go numb. I couldn't figure out how to Goldilocks it and get it just right (I'm also probably getting that comparison wrong, too ). So I took them off halfway in the middle of the first repeat and put on my normal workout/racing flats, my NB1400s (which I LOVE). Well they felt so shitty afterwards like I was running right on the treadmill w/no cushion. Like little bricks on my feet. And then I started getting a blister on the bottom of a toe and also had the weirdest sensation that one of my legs was longer than the other??? (That was actually happening with the nikes, too). So it was a shitty mile repeat run, and I'm glad it's over.