Beginners and Beyond

Winter Sundailies (Read 37 times)

KCRuns

I’m sorry, Docket, that sucks!

today’s  forecast at run time was 4°, feels like -14° w/15mph winds. After yesterday’s adventure, no thank you. My gym isn’t open on the weekends so I met my SIL as a guest at her gym and got 8.5 on the treadmill. To keep me entertained, I did

6x easy, 1x @MP, 1x @HMP, .1 fast finish @5k (11:04, 10:15, 9:08).

DavePNW

too loose, and there was heel slippage. 

Do you know the heel-lock lacing method? I have to do this on one of my shoe models.

Dave

Cyberic

What is winter here is a warm-spell for Cyberic (currently 6 F and -11), otherwise known as IARITS. lol

This morning there is a true snowstorm, like when I was a kid:

Snow, of course, wind (20 mph, gusts of 30) and cold (0*F on thermometer). Ran a little over 10, for a weekly total of 78.85

DavePNW

^ that does not look comfortable.

Dave

Cyberic

The first 3 miles of my run were straight into the wind. That was pretty cold. Then I looped in the botanical garden so I had wind coming from all sides during a loop, and on my way back home, I had 3 miles of tail wind. The few inches of snow on the ground made it all the more fun!

LRB

I drove to the park anyway and it's just too blustery.  The wind direction and layout of the loop gives about 4 to 1 ratio in miles of the wind in your face versus your back. With winds of 18 mph that's not running weather that's navy seal commando training shit. Nope. I came to work instead. Bout to put in work on the belt.  Yay. 👎🏽

LRB

The first 3 miles of my run were straight into the wind. That was pretty cold. Then I looped in the botanical garden so I had wind coming from all sides during a loop, and on my way back home, I had 3 miles of tail wind. The few inches of snow on the ground made it all the more fun!

You're the man. 😎

sdWhiskers

Docket: sorry about your race

Cyber: you are my hero

Does anyone want to hear about my weather? No?

5 easy miles.  Now heading off for a hike with the family.

workinprogress11

Snow, of course, wind (20 mph, gusts of 30) and cold (0*F on thermometer). Ran a little over 10, for a weekly total of 78.85

I would have never started running if I had to run in this type of weather more than once a year.  You are one tough dude.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Sorry to hear that D 

Jetta and I got 10.3 miles done this morning!!! Nobody else knows how awesome this is or why I'm happy/excited, but I am lol. It was 18 degrees with a windchill of 5, winds at 12 mph but I only felt them from mile 3 to mile 4 then a few other spots where we ran down roads with fields on each side. We got it done, which gives me 30.1 miles total for this week.... I can only hope next week is just as good, but I'm just focusing on each day as they come.

Pics!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

DavePNW

6 miles, 51 for the week.

SO. Boston training starts tomorrow. Although it will actually be more of a recovery week. Indeed, all the stupid lying race time predictors point to a 3:20. I still find this unfathomable and unachievable. But I will nonetheless plan to target the associated training paces, and see what happens.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

Crazy and impressive.

Sorry about your coughing issues and the DNF, Docket.  Sad

I got my 90 minute bike workout done.  My legs were tired as expected so I didn't go at the hard interval efforts that the workout dictated, and instead I kept it at race effort (weird that race effort in running is hard as hell, but in biking it is relatively easy).  I watched Bird Box while pedaling.  Meh.

<3

KCRuns

WOW! I hope you put something on your face to protect you from frostbite!

LRB

DavePNW

LOL

I vote for a Goff vs 'Whoever' Super Bowl.  Although, my brain is telling me the Rams season will end today.  The Saints are way too hard to beat in the dome.  I think the Chiefs will handle New England easily.

Not a great start for your boys.

Dave