Beginners and Beyond

Supah SUNDAILIES (Read 41 times)

onemile

Hi. There's a blizzard going on out there.

Did not slip and fall on my ass (or knee). But it was slow, slippery going today.

Net time: 23:15

AG: 3/78

OA: 72/1518

Also had a 3 mi warmup & added 6 afterwards, for 12 miles total on the day.

If it's like it is here by you, I don't think I could run a 23: xx in this. Nice.

onemile

It looks like my LR will be at the indoor track.  Snow here and lots of blowing.  The roads are pretty snow covered and very slippery. I was slipping and sliding all over just walking the dogs (and I had screws in my boots).  So I put an audiobook on my ipod. We'll see if I can make it to 15 miles.

happylily

Dave, you got an AG award! Congrats! It's a great time in those conditions and most of all, it must have taken a lot of guts to get out there today.Bravo!

Cy, you did it! Now you're my TM buddy and we can finally run together.  Althoufgh 8.3 mph at 1.5%? You crazy man... lol... Please be careful there. You know that you can pause the machine, right? No need to play daredevil on it.

I ran 10 miles. Bruise looks the same. I will wait a few hours, check again, and it there is no change for the worse, I'll run another 7 miles.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

I had an extra large peanut butter and banana sandwich post run and chased it down with 20 ounces of almond milk.

Me a happy boy. 

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Hi. There's a blizzard going on out there.

Did not slip and fall on my ass (or knee). But it was slow, slippery going today.

Net time: 23:15

AG: 3/78

OA: 72/1518

Also had a 3 mi warmup & added 6 afterwards, for 12 miles total on the day.

Nice and nice miles!

What race may I ask and did they post results?

As far as performance in cruddy weather - even perfect weather with a slight wet surface will kill a PR attempt.  I do not know the math behind it (yet) but I understand there is an amazing amount of energy/ force spent with micro slippage.

happylily

I used IFit again today, but 95% of the time, I go manual on the TM (I don't use IFit). This morning, I received a message from them saying that to date, these are my stats while using their services (of course, I don't particularly care about stats like these, so they went directly into the trash bin. ):

Total Steps- 4,420,060
              Total Distance- 2,026
              Total Cals Burned- 265,828
              Total Elevation Gain- 113,248

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies.

16 mile tempo run done with 10 @ GMP. 8:11 avg pace. I'll take that.  Time for Costco.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

cy you okay?  That could've hurt

Lily hope it doesn't get bigger

nice job Dave

Marjorie

Zelanie

Oh, and when I got to the park a turkey ran across the street in front of me while I was driving in. Yes, a turkey. WTF? 

In the summer, the vultures circle around me towards the end of my run. 

Cy and Lily, you can be my treadmill buddies today.  About to get started on my 6ish.

Hip Redux

3 miles done and next up.. .snowshoeing with MBC!  

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

6 miles easy this morning (though I had less than awesome spring in my legs - felt a little harder than normal)

LRB

Did about an hour on th TM today. First time in my life. After about 30 minutes, I needed to use the bathroom so I tried to hop off, sideways, while the TM was at 8.3 MPH. Don't know how I managed it but I ended up on my back behind and on theside of the machine. Two thumbs up for the newbie!

I slow it down to 2 miles per hour to get off and on. Otherwise, each minute off of it is distance lost.

You can also hop onto the rails of it in a pinch but hopping directly onto the floor could kill you. lol

DaveP MI, bravo!

I finally dragged myself from the comfort of my bed. Hi, ho, hi, ho, off to the gym I goz

DavePNW

What race may I ask and did they post results?

As far as performance in cruddy weather - even perfect weather with a slight wet surface will kill a PR attempt.  I do not know the math behind it (yet) but I understand there is an amazing amount of energy/ force spent with micro slippage.

Thanks everyone.

Super 5k in Novi, MI; results are online.

There was definitely some macro slippage going on today. Did not really feel like I was going to go down, but just a lot of energy lost with each step. Knew that was going to be the case based on the warmup (I actually ran the course) even more so when I tried a few strides at the end. There was less concern about cutting tangents than with finding the areas which looked to have the best footing.

The guy who won the Detroit Marathon was there. He's a local guy, not any kind of world-class elite, but ran a 17:12 which I imagine is pretty slow for a guy of that caliber. (Didn't actually win - someone ran 16:30's.)

BTW - 54 miles for the week.

Dave

LRB

It shows that events popularity in bringing out the talent when people are running sub17:00's in that crap.