Beginners and Beyond

Fridailies: Kicking ass with just one leg. (Read 47 times)

oldfartrunner

Morning Runners,

I'm planning on 6x1 mile @ about half pace later.  See what the legs give me.

Onemile & Baboon: Sounds like a strong goal and you are both ready!

Bluerun: Nice bike!

Jay: Maybe some vitamin I today?

Yeah, I can see the day when we will all have to wear a fitness tracker to either get a discount or not.

Half Crazy K 2.0

that one is optional where I work

It's been mandatory for us for about 5 years, but they have offered it for free since I started working there. I got it each year anyway, K-8 age kids aren't exactly known for the great hygiene, so even though I don't work with kids, I'm sure I get exposed to all sorts of germs.

bluerun

Super B****

Flu shot achieved! I'll take any vaccines my employer wants to inject me with for free. The prize for not participating is you have to wear a mask for the next five months.

My dad got a flu shot AND the flu a couple of years ago.  A two-fer!

I get a flu shot because my insurance pays for it and I don't, and I figure my premiums are so ridiculous, I'm going to get everything out of it that I possibly can.  And oh yeah, don't want the flu, right.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

The last time I tried riding outside (a few months ago), I made it around the block and nearly had a heart attack, so this should be a fun experiment.  Not.

That was awful. You might try doing it in the daylight this time or at least not in the street going against traffic!

bluerun

Super B****

That was awful. You might try doing it in the daylight this time or at least not in the street going against traffic!

That wasn't the part that was scary, I was fine until I turned the corner and started going downhill!!

chasing the impossible

DavePNW

6 miles. Easy pace getting faster already, meaning it's time to get back to some workouts soon. 

Dave

onemile

6 miles. Easy pace getting faster already, meaning it's time to get back to some workouts soon. 

DavePNW

Yea, that's basically ours too. Take the yearly assessment that poorly worded & sign something saying you don't smoke or are actively trying to quit. If not, pay more for insurance.

I personally like the question "do you plan on exercising more in the next 6 months". I wish I could add in comments, because I feel like saying unless I decide to run another marathon, no. 7+ hours per week is enough.

Yeah. I also get lots of advice on how to lose weight by healthy eating and exercise, because I end up with a BMI in the overweight range.

Dave

onemile

Yeah. I also get lots of advice on how to lose weight by healthy eating and exercise, because I end up with a BMI in the overweight range.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have Pilates and that’s it for me today.

For some reason, I cannot open the site from my PC. It keeps telling me I don’t have permission.  I might email Eric.

Damaris

RunningOnSand

Mandatory flu shots, freebie bikes, exercise shaming for runners (I seriously doubt the general population exercises even half as much as you guys do)...y'all have been busy!

I went to a Girls' Night out with a friend last night, stayed out super late (for me), and then of course this morning my cherubs woke up 1+ hours early. And they didn't have school today!  So, just partook from the nectar of life (coffee) and will plan on going out for a short 45 min run in a bit. I will actually get to run outside today - woot!

LRB

That wasn't the part that was scary, I was fine until I turned the corner and started going downhill!!

I'll give you that. Now give me some daylight and a sidewalk or other surface free from vehicular traffic!

KCRuns

Good Morning!  SRD for me.  Good luck to anyone racing this weekend!

RunningWithMyDog

8 AlterG miles because I'm still afraid to try the bike, since my PT told me that if my leg is under a 2/10 on my pain scale, I can run the 5-mile trail race I wanted to do this weekend... for which I have yet to register since I have been known to go to bed feeling fine and wake up unable to walk.  I ADORE race day registration.  And the price is even the same!!

Speaking of bikes.  I won a jackpot in the health program we have at work, and the prize selections are based on your points level.  I'm platinum, which, if you ask me, means I should get to choose from bronze, silver, and gold too, but nope, I can ONLY choose from platinum.  Which were a bunch of things I didn't really need -- I'd rather update my Vivofit, but that wasn't a platinum choice.  So I selected something else instead.  It arrived yesterday.

Now I really need to get over the trauma of riding outside... because selling this would be a pain.  And the MTA sucks and the rock-climbing gym is in the middle of nowhere and really hard to get to if I don't have the car.  The last time I tried riding outside (a few months ago), I made it around the block and nearly had a heart attack, so this should be a fun experiment.  Not.

OK, you've raised my curiosity.

If you don't mind me asking, what does it take to win a bike?  How much exercise X how many weeks?

bluerun

Super B****

I'll give you that. Now give me some daylight and a sidewalk or other surface free from vehicular traffic!

It's illegal to ride on sidewalks here.  Daylight and a street that isn't crowded... sounds good.  (I just looked at that video again -- I see why you think it was so horrible.  Two of those cars weren't going anywhere, they were just double-parked, it's not like I'm weaving in between moving traffic!)

chasing the impossible