Beginners and Beyond

Fridailies: Kicking ass with just one leg. (Read 47 times)

DavePNW

Yeah. 5-10, 170 puts me at 24.5, with 25 being the low end of overweight. When they've taken data directly from an annual checkup - my weight at the doctor's office with clothes on, and maybe not first thing in the AM, will add a few lbs and push me over. One year I printed out the thing and was showing it to some people around the office, some who were definitely overweight and were looking at it like "WTF do I have to do?"

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

OK, you've raised my curiosity.

If you don't mind me asking, what does it take to win a bike?  How much exercise X how many weeks?

It's not QUITE like that -- well, I mean, it can be, if you accumulate enough points to redeem them for a bike.  I think I do have enough points for that, but I wouldn't use them on a bike.  I'm waiting for the points mall to get the 630, because I don't NEED a new Garmin, but I wouldn't say no if I didn't have to pay cash for it.  You earn these points in different ways... workouts count, as does participation in athletic events, preventive care (like a dental exam or the flu shot or whatever), things like that.  And apparently everyone is automatically entered into a monthly jackpot drawing.  That's what I won.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Eh, I didn't get up this morning.

I'll probably take Dorian for a hike at John James Audubon State Park after school, check out the scenery and try to pick the best spots for a family photo session I've got coming up next week.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Yeah. 5-10, 170 puts me at 24.5, with 25 being the low end of overweight. When they've taken data directly from an annual checkup - my weight at the doctor's office with clothes on, and maybe not first thing in the AM, will add a few lbs and push me over. One year I printed out the thing and was showing it to some people around the office, some who were definitely overweight and were looking at it like "WTF do I have to do?"

We're in the same group. My BMI has been at 25 for years. I have thus been considered overweight for a like amount of time. During my weightlifting years, it was at 26 or 27 and at 205 lbs, I was considered obese according to the chart ffs.

There was a period in 2013 where I got it under 25 while trying to find the ideal racing weight. My friends thought I was smoking crack, my kids thought I was dying and I just really grew weary of all of the unfiltered comments and questions regarding my health and weight. It was pretty much awful. Anyway, I ate and drank my way up from 170 to 180 and did not feel as though it was a detriment on the race course.

I do not weigh myself unless I am training for something so I have no idea where I'm at but I am guessing it's well north of 180. BLOOF!

LRB

It's illegal to ride on sidewalks here.  Daylight and a street that isn't crowded... sounds good.  (I just looked at that video again -- I see why you think it was so horrible.  Two of those cars weren't going anywhere, they were just double-parked, it's not like I'm weaving in between moving traffic!)

Oh, okay. Phew!

And if you inadvertently find yourself on a downhill, those things sticking up on either side of the handlebar are brakes.

Baboon

delicate flower

Bunch of BMI tubbos up in here.

<3

bluerun

Super B****

Oh, okay. Phew!

And if you inadvertently find yourself on a downhill, those things sticking up on either side of the handlebar are brakes.

Unless, of course, I installed the handlebars upside down.   (True story: I needed a belt this morning.  I hate belts and I never wear them.  I have no idea which way I'm "supposed" to thread the belt through the loops.  But it's doing its job, so...)

Also, BMI is stupid and I wish it would just go away.

chasing the impossible

Half Crazy K 2.0

I'm at the higher end of normal for BMI. DH cut his finger a few years ago. Urgent care weighed him in his jacket, work boots, etc. We had also gone to an Indian buffet for lunch. His BMI was just overweight. I was handed several print outs regarding healthy weight. Guess they give them to the wife for nagging purposes. I didn't.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It's illegal to ride on sidewalks here.  Daylight and a street that isn't crowded... sounds good.  (I just looked at that video again -- I see why you think it was so horrible.  Two of those cars weren't going anywhere, they were just double-parked, it's not like I'm weaving in between moving traffic!)

It is also down here, yet we do it because otherwise we die.

And now my PC is loading this site.  Yay.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Bunch of BMI tubbos up in here.

At my smallest (and a size 2-4), I was still in the overweight BMI.  BMI is bullshit, IMO.

Damaris

onemile

hmm I could get pretty fat and still be a normal bmi.. actually I can be pretty fat and be in the middle of the normal range

Cyberic

3 x (1.65 km w/1 min) + 3 x (~200m w/back to starting point)

DavePNW

hmm I could get pretty fat and still be a normal bmi.. actually I can be pretty fat and be in the middle of the normal range

Go for it!

Until 5 days ago, I was convinced I had to lose some weight if I wanted to make any kind of sizeable dent in my marathon PR. So glad I disproved that shiz.

Freakin Baboon, 1 inch taller than me and 20 lb lighter. I have no hope.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

Apparently it would take me around 160 to be overweight — do you know how HUGE I would be?! 

chasing the impossible

bluerun

Super B****

It is also down here, yet we do it because otherwise we die.

Oh hey, I’m going to be in your neck of the woods in a couple of weeks! 🤞🏻  Maybe I will die.

chasing the impossible