Beginners and Beyond

Closing out September Mondailies (Read 40 times)

Good afternoon all!

It was a good weekend. The Lions won, and I had a good race.  Tonight I'm hopefully good for 6 or 7 easy miles. Supposed to do intervals, but.. um, no.

Anyone interested in the race report, such that it is... http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/9fda3a245b4d401f8b7c218140e6822e/

Congrats to all the other races this weekend!

SIAR - congrats on the win, and that's pretty cool about the elites.

Hip Redux

SIAR - sweet!!  I take it that post will be your RR?  Roll eyes

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

SRD for me. Right leg was really feeling it this morning, and is still pretty sore this afternoon.

I've taken to applying the stick to the right calf. Seems that the rear inside muscle is somewhat knotted up, no doubt from the 15 miles on Saturday and the 3.5 "recovery" miles on Sunday.

I don't really feel a lump, but it hurts a great deal when I roll the stick over that part of the calf. And the ache felt more like a knee pain earlier today. Anyway, I hope to work it out a bit more and give it some good rest tonight so that I can do an easy 4 or 5 early tomorrow morning.

Of course, if it still hurts in the morning, I'll push the run off to Wednesday morning instead.

Have a good one, everyone!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Jess runs for bacon

Intervals done. Pretty happy, didn't think I would make it through. Now back to being lazy while I still can Smile

Oh, when I went out to lunch I came back to this:

i really thought it was a spider. Almost died. Would you believe it's a crane fly?

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

SIAR - sweet!!  I take it that post will be your RR?  Roll eyes

Yep, 'tis all Smile

10 more miles tonight with another friend...nice and easy.

RunTom...keep working that stick. Our RD always suggests just using it in a downward motion to avoid muscle confusion...i didn't know that until recently.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

LRB

Of course, if it still hurts in the morning, I'll run it off, because that's what runners do.

FYP.

Supp SIAR!  You mentioned you would be absent for awhile so no need to feel any kind of way but good about things.

LJ, the little boy in me would let that thing crawl on my forehead just to hear you shriek 'cuz that's what little boys do.  And I am that!   Cool

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Depends on the type of hurt, LRB.

It ached a little yesterday and I ran it off in a slow recovery run. Today, it really felt nasty when I walked down those stairs at the parking garage. It felt a little better in the afternoon when I walked to lunch and around the block.

I think it'll be OK. I'm going to sip a little beer, take an ibuprophen (just the little 200 mg store-bought ones, not the mega-doc 800s) and sleep on it for about 7 or 8 hours.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Good evening, DH and I did 3.5 this evening. Cuddled with our big kitty watching Top Gear. Not a bad evening.

10.66 easy on the hills.  Steak dinner with the cat. Hoping to do a big LR tomorrow.

B-Plus

Huge congrats SIAR!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Congrats, SIARn

what a day!  At least I got my run in. 5 miles with hubby (new distance PR) plus 1

solo.

I still need to report to work tomorrow for a couple of hours and then will get back home unless the assholes get their shit together.

And I have a trial on Wednesday and opposing counsel

said he would not agree to move it in the hopes he wins because I will not be allowed to come in.  I wish I was there to hear the judge rip him a new one.

Damaris

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Jess that is terrifying

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to