Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday'ly Penguins (Read 20 times)

From the Internet.

Hi pens!

Scotty, thanks for the kick in the pants to make an appointment to get the stupid hernia checked out - going in next Thursday at 2:00. Given my lifestyle (lifting heavy things in addition to running) I would think they'd get me in to repair it sooner rather than later, but we'll see.

5.5 miles with 2.5 at tempo (8:18, 8:21, 8:21ish pace for the last 0.5 - hit the lap button a few seconds late). Felt great even though I didn't get out until 9:00 and ran a lot of it in full sun. I am going to kill a 5k before my surgery is scheduled!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I got  bit lazy this morning. Usually up at 5 a.m. on my run days, but today slept in until 5:30 a.m.   Then down to the Y and did a 3.1 mile loop through the nearby park.  Very humid here today, as there is rain threatening and the skies are dark, but the darn clouds just won't break loose with the moisture!  I wish they would because we really need rain badly here.

Enjoy the group run, PAD.

Well, weather dependent Jerry, if it does rain, you can always run in some weather depends...

No failing to do weights tonite, Damaris!  I'm not one to talk though,  I failed to do my weights last week.   So you only vouch for the cute lawyers?

You are certainly not a poser, StoneFence; and you sure put in a lot more miles than I do!

Pokemon has a world championship?  Who knew.   Enjoy the family get-together, HsM.

Good for you for getting some miles in today, Traci, after being shredded.

School has already started here, Zelanie.  We are now getting the transguide messages about watching out for buses on our commute routes to work.  Also a message about 1,964 road deaths in Texas this year already, which is a pretty depressing thing to read time after time on your way to work.

Lauren, glad you got your appointment!   Nice running for you this a.m., and go kill that 5K!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Note to self:  Do not bend over in this shirt.

Or, even better...just don't wear a shirt....

Singer who runs a smidge

Or, even better...just don't wear a shirt....

It amounts to about the same thing!!  But I thought it was Great Legs you chased, not Great Racks! 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

It amounts to about the same thing!!  But I thought it was Great Legs you chased, not Great Racks! 

Oh, I'm pretty 'equal opportunity'.. 

I just saw in the park the other day someone with a great rack...

Singer who runs a smidge

Got my Walk at Work done, I think it was even muggier today than yesterday.  Of course it looks like it might storm, so it's probably good I got it done.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I am a person that does not take a good race photo.  Here is a photo from the official photographer at the 2-miler I did on Sunday, as I'm making my way down one of those gigantic hills that were on the route......that rock/gravel surface on that part of the trail was not fun, either...I think I'm worried about falling, lol.

Singer who runs a smidge

I think it's a great pic!  You look really determined!

tracilynn

I think it's a great pic. Very determined and ya look fit!

I hate running in gravel 

~~~~~~~

Traci

Robert31320

Team TJ

3.3 miles for me.

Traci, I ran for the longest time 2 run days, 1 day off with no shin issues at all.  my effort to come to your area to run is Monday -  Wednesday, Friday & Saturday running.

Running for TJ because he can't.

obiebyke

I've been lurking and procrastinating the past couple of days. Today I dragged my butt out and covered 4 miles in run/walk fashion. I did run the first 1.3 straight through and then those walk breaks were calling my name.

Apparently I need to be lurking more effectively: A hernia? Ew, Lauren!

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

on my way to badass

I like that pic Scotty! My 3 is done.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Took a walk today.  Not in a great mood after getting the estimate for unclogging our sewer pipe.

No pix HsM?

Bin Running

Late posting from office.. and office block all pitures except scotty's rack.. so missing all the fun..

HsM, I am curious abt the pokemon championship..

Traci, abt the shin. Do you know what is causing the problem? I read somewhere that if you don't fix the root, it's coming back **touch wood**.. I find Vermonized calf workout pretty good for preventing my SS.. maybe you can try finding it.

4M done.. Was to do 5 or 6 x 1mile but FIL brought DS to the indoor track to run about and he will always chase me when I ran past him.. Started my 1st set and true enough he tried to catch up on my 7:40 mile.. He failed and was tearing... Had to stop and gave him a hug.. There goes the run.. Will try again next day. A little  scratchy on the throat but doesn't seem to affect speedwork.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

hog4life

Traci, take care of those shins. IMO, I would not run 5 days in a row, modify the plan as others have said. Will you and the family try to come to Florence?

Robert, I like the 4 day/week running too, but I will sometimes throw in a 5th day.

I did 5 miles tonight with a few walk breaks, leg is starting to feel normal.