Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #40 (Read 27 times)

onemile

Had a great LR today. The 21 inches of snow fell Friday, so they had time yesterday to clear the short loop in the botanical garden.

Ran 18 miles with 4 x (2 km / 400m). 2 km is 1.24 miles, and 400m is pretty much .25 miles. Paces on the 2 Ks were (7:00, 7:15), (6:55, 7:00), (6:34, 6:38), (6:23, 6:15).Was following Denis, and did not press lap button myself. Didn't really know what the workout would be. Got the splits from his log. Then, for the rest of the run I was in the Easy-Moderate range as opposed to the Easy-Recovery range. Sidewalks weren't as nice as the garden, so paces are slower, but all good, really.

81 miles for a satisfying week. I ran more than that last week, but I was not nailing my runs and was really struggling. This week, I nailed everything I did, and had a little head room at the end, which is good considering I still have 14 weeks to go and I want to pick up on the workouts.

I just have to be careful with that groin, and with a little luck I can make it to the May marathon in pretty good marathon shape, even if training in the winter.

Pretty impressive that this is where you are STARTING training

Cyberic

Pretty impressive that this is where you are STARTING training

I'd like to do like you were doing: do more 2Ks down the road, prolong the LR, do more quality during, or increase the pace.

RunningOnSand

Who knows. I've never focused on 5ks before so probably any training would help me. I'm through 4 weeks of Daniel's and knocked off 10 sec/mile. I meant to also lose some weight but...ahem, that doesn't seem to be happening...

Glad you are able to find some clear paths! Do you feel your mojo returning?

The weight thing can be super hard. 

my mojo is back, and my Achilles is starting to cooperate, but HC and LRB gave me their virus. 😩 it came on like a freight train this afternoon.

Half Crazy K 2.0

my mojo is back, and my Achilles is starting to cooperate, but HC and LRB gave me their virus. 😩 it came on like a freight train this afternoon.

Sorry. I really hope you don't have what I wound up with. It is awful.

LRB

That's a great way to describe it. It came out of nowhere. Get ready for a week of hell. 

Half Crazy K 2.0

That's a great way to describe it. It came out of nowhere. Get ready for a week of hell. 

I'd be thrilled if it was just a week.  Going on 2 weeks for me.

LRB

I'd be thrilled if it was just a week.  Going on 2 weeks for me.

Yeah, you got the worst of it, I got "lucky". It was about two weeks before I felt quasi normal and about 18 days to rid myself of the coughing fits. Those first 7 days were the worst I've felt in 21 years (the last time I had a viral infection).