Beginners and Beyond

Get your Tuesdailies on! (Read 39 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Not sure what I am going to do today, another hot and muggy day....... normally I would walk later in the evening but we will see.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Good luck, Shari.  Go get that thing fixed or changed.  Hint that they hid the defect and see what they come up with.

Damaris

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning dailies.

Shari, good luck!

It was 6 Easy miles for me this morning. I was having a foot problem yesterday, but it seems to have gotten much better as of this morning. I did use the same shoes that I used on my Sunday LR. Those things were soaked on Sunday after I got home, so to get them ready I stuffed them full of newspaper. It did the trick! Holy cow did it stink up our entry way. It smells very musty in there. Hopefully today is nice so we can open some windows.

Have a great day everyone!

- Andrew

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

YAY, it is only going to be a high of 93 today so did not have to get up early a.m. today and run in the dark.  Probably a good thing as I stayed up late to watch my Houston Texans rally and beat the Chargers 31-28.  Unfortunately my favorite team, the Redskins, played like CRAP for most of their game and lost to Philly.    Oh well.   Anyway, I can get my run/walk in after work, and I might even get to SEE some Great Legs while I'm out there, since it will be daylight.  Plan on an easy 3 - 4 miles around the university campus.

Good luck with the intervals, Damaris!   Sounds like you are feeling better.  Hope Hershey is back to his old self too.

czx

Heck, Damaris, I wish it was Friday and the weekend every day!  Unfortunately, I have not gotten my winning lottery ticket yet to make that happen. Joking

Marjorie, sorry about all the family drama, hope that resolves soon!  One reason I joined the Air Force at 18 and why I now live in Texas....to get away from my CRAZY family.  It's much more peaceful being 2,000 miles away from them all!  I'm not what you would call very family-oriented. I consider my wife Gail as my family and I'm happy with that.

2-a-days is a taper, Phil?  That is some taper!  Sounds like more work-out than lots of people do.  Including lazy me, lol.  Good luck!

Happy SRD, lilac.  Enjoy the cardio!  It must be working...you have a good heart. Big grin

Good luck with all your meetings, Oski!  You drink all that coffee, I hope your restroom is nearby!

Welcome back c0derunner!  Nice workouts for you!

Enjoy the easy running, LRB.  Two hill races last week - EXTREME hills - so I know how you feel.  Plan on doing easy and FLAT this week...and for a weekend change,  I actually have no race scheduled this weekend.  Going to enjoy sleeping in a bit on a Saturday for a change.

Wow, Step, that sounds awfully dangerous!  Especially on the highway!  Glad you got home safe.  You might check with your local TV news stations.  Here in San Antonio, one station has this thing called "Trouble-Shooters" - - you tell them what your situation is (bad deals, problems not being resolved by businesses, etc) and then they go out with their cameras and talk to the business folks about it.  They usually manage to get the problem resolved at minimum cost to the buyer because these businesses, of course, do not want the bad publicity that they are screwing over customers, etc.  So you might see if you have something like that in your local area.  I bet they'll fix the problem for you!  Good luck!

Whatever you decide to do, FreeSoul, or not do...hope you enjoy the day!

Andrew, get a few of these....most of them are filled with cedar or something similar.....these will dry out your wet shoes and ALSO keep them fresh smelling.  I've got a few of these and they work great.  You can shop around for these for best price, there are various types of these online or at local shoe stores,  home stores, etc.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Zelanie

Shari- Good luck getting the car fixed!

Ran 6 last night in my new Cortanas!

They felt great!  Looking forward to a good LR in them on Friday.  RD today.

StepbyStep-SH

So far, I think the dealer is going to make things right. I'm going to think positive and hope they do.

Several people in the dealership commented that they had heard some of yesterday's discussion about the seat before I bought the car (so they aren't denying it), and the person I ended up talking to this morning (the new car sales manager; used car sales manager was out) very quickly gave me a no-cost loaner and said he would get ours over to the Hyundai dealer's service department (we bought it used from another nameplate's dealer). I was out of there with a loaner in less than 30 minutes - I think it paid to dress as though I had places to go and people to see. Big grin

If they get this thing fixed, I will gladly sing their praises far and wide, since the repair is likely to wipe out any profit they'd have made. If they don't make it right ...

I'm going to just keep believing that they will be willing to do the right thing for a lot of good will.

And now I think I will go for a run. It is 80* and sunny with no wind (and getting warmer by the minute), but I need to get myself moving.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Will run for scenery.

Ah, the classics....  I had this one pop into my head during the race on Saturday :

Great green gobs of greasy grimy gopher guts,

mutilated monkey meat, itty-bitty birdie feet,

ten dirty eyeballs rolling down a dirty street,

that's what a Kool Pop is...

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Scotty I'm far away too. They are all in Mi and I'm in Charleston SC.

11.1 miles for me today.

Marjorie

Ric-G

step - hope they they fix this (the car and their reputation) for your benefit. good luck.

got in 2 x 3 miles @ 7:20 pace around the track and surrounding area late yesterday. will do an easy 4 or so later. have a good day all!

marathon pr - 3:16

Jess runs for bacon

Shari, that sucks. I've never heard of such a thing.

Went for a bike ride. Last week I ran into a runner friend on the trail and he asked if I would join him this morning. On the bike, of course. The only way I could keep up (7:00 average pace, and he could still talk). Nice ride, still planning on walking a few miles today. But for now, I am enjoying one of my new DD Pumpkin k cups Big grin

StepbyStep-SH

So far, I think the dealer is going to make things right. I'm going to think positive and hope they do.

Several people in the dealership commented that they had heard some of yesterday's discussion about the seat before I bought the car (so they aren't denying it), and the person I ended up talking to this morning (the new car sales manager; used car sales manager was out) very quickly gave me a no-cost loaner and said he would get ours over to the Hyundai dealer's service department (we bought it used from another nameplate's dealer). I was out of there with a loaner in less than 30 minutes - I think it paid to dress as though I had places to go and people to see. Big grin

If they get this thing fixed, I will gladly sing their praises far and wide, since the repair is likely to wipe out any profit they'd have made. If they don't make it right ...

I'm going to just keep believing that they will be willing to do the right thing for a lot of good will.

And now I think I will go for a run. It is 80* and sunny with no wind (and getting warmer by the minute), but I need to get myself moving.

Ick. I think I could have handled the heat, though it was miserable, but my right leg was funky - tightness in the calf and knee, causing problems all the way from my ankle to hip. Called it quits at 3.25 miles.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Shari, good news so far!

Damaris

StepbyStep-SH

Shari, that sucks. I've never heard of such a thing.

Went for a bike ride. Last week I ran into a runner friend on the trail and he asked if I would join him this morning. On the bike, of course. The only way I could keep up (7:00 average pace, and he could still talk). Nice ride, still planning on walking a few miles today. But for now, I am enjoying one of my new DD Pumpkin k cups Big grin

Sorry, but at first glance my mind skipped over the "pumpkin" in between, and I thought you were "enjoying" some surgical enhancement! Wink

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Bahahaha.

Damaris

Jess runs for bacon

Sorry, but at first glance my mind skipped over the "pumpkin" in between, and I thought you were "enjoying" some surgical enhancement! Wink

Lol! Oh god no, I recently gained weight and when I gain weight it goes right to my boobs. I know, good problem, but these girls don't need any help.